These are the rules under which this site operates. There are no exceptions and no special circumstances. Failure to follow them as written will result in a warning or a ban, depending on cooperation or moderator's discretion. Read them thoroughly and PM a staff member with any questions or concerns.
1. To be a part of this site, you must be 18 years of age or older. This is a requirement, your listed age must also be your real age. If for any reason this is suspected to not be the case, you will be given the option to verify your age (Consider it a compliment, you seem young at heart). Failure to do so will result in a ban. If you suspect an underage user, please inform a staff member.
2. Respect must be shown at all times to fellow users, to staff and to the site itself. We’re all here to write. Please let cooler heads prevail and keep drama to a minimum. Failure will result in a warning or ban depending on the offence. Additionally:
a. We are NOT a dating site. Friendliness is encouraged, but this is not a place for relationships or relationship drama outside of Roleplays.
b. We are also not Facebook. Personal drama, excessive angst and obvious attention seeking are not what this site is here for.
c. As an anti-spam measure AND a question of respect to fellow users, mass recruitment PMs are forbidden. If you wish to start a roleplay, either post a request thread/interest check in the CORRECT FORUM or read through and respond to ones by other users. Sending identical PMs without having read the user's request threads WILL be treated as spam.
d. All Roleplay Threads and threads of solo work in the forums are limited to the creator of the thread and their partners. No other user may post there. Free joining of threads is allowed only to The Unfinished Tales forum and in the Sanctum Tavern, where OOC and casual discussions occur.
3. Characters under the age of 18 ARE permitted, with these major stipulations
a. The child will NEVER be exposed in any way to sexual acts or extreme violence (the latter can be implied). This will result in an IMMEDIATE BAN. You will then be un-banned, just to give us the pleasure of banning you again. Seriously DO NOT DO IT.
b. The Child CANNOT be the main character of the roleplay or story. Side characters only. Likewise, the existence of the child CANNOT be the central premise of the story (New Parents, Unexpected pregnancy, etc.).
c. The literal age of the character is not the deciding factor. An ancient vampire that looks 15 is considered 15.
d. Any scenario that HEAVILY IMPLIES underage characters is forbidden. For example High School Roleplays are not permitted, even if you say your characters are 18. Any scenario where under 18 would be the logical assumption will be viewed as underage roleplay.
4. UNo Role-playing of any kind in PM. If you have questions about appropriate forums, ask a staff member. PM is for OOC (out of character) chat and conversation ONLY. We reserve the right to read all private messages to ensure compliance.
5. No Bestiality. Furries, anthros and weres are okay, as long as they are able to speak and think like a human, as well as maintaining at least a partially human appearence. Animal shifters are okay if they shift to human.
6. Large Images in signatures must be put inside a spoiler. GIFs are forbidden entirely (they use absurd amounts of resources - and can visually distract readers). Likewise, refrain from including them in posted threads without spoilers - USE YOUR SPOILER!
7. Do not give out or ask for ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION outside of PMs. In PMs, you can share Email and Skype contacts, nothing more.
a. These are permitted only for sharing in ESTABLISHED conversations for the purpose of offsite OOC or conversation. Recruiting exclusively for offsite roleplays is not allowed, as we cannot monitor these and they frequently lead to off site harassment. Likewise, we do not allow sending or asking for contact details without established conversation.
b. If you wish to share another service, ask a staff member first. There are several we consider as blacklisted, usually due to an abundance of underage users.
8. Do not link to outside content or sites unless it meets our outside content policy (which is basically the same as the rules) and if you aren't sure - contact a staff member. Links to other roleplay sites are forbidden. If your Character Sheet or world are on another site, you can post the content of them in this forum.
9. Under no circumstances are pornographic links or images permitted. If your avatar or cover photo are deemed pornographic, they will be changed by our Staff (you don't want that). Mild or artistic nudity is allowed, but must be placed in a spoiler.
10. Confine all Role-plays which are PREMISED around Sex to The Forbidden Sanctum forums. Other sections may contain sex, but it cannot be the central point of the plot. When in doubt, assume it goes in The Forbidden Sanctum - or ask a staff member.
11. Accounts that are inactive for more 6 months or more will be sent an e-mail with a query if they are still interested in our community. If there is no answer, we will take it as a 'No' answer and will delete the account.
12. Do not spam the Profile wall. Greetings should be done primarily through PMs and Introduction threads, anything longer than the character limit should be continued as a comment on the same post. Consecutive posts by the same user will see all but the first removed unless posted at least 1 hour apart.
13. All Usernames, Signatures, profile posts and other public content outside of roleplay threads must be kept appropriate. Staff have the discretion to remove posts or require name/signature changes if they deem the content to be otherwise. This includes vulgarity, explicit sexual references and anything unduly offensive.
14. The Staff have FINAL say in the interpretation of these rules. If they say you are breaking them, arguing is the fastest way to turn a warning into a ban. We want things to be handled amicably whenever possible—but that does not mean you have wiggle room when you’re told you’re doing something wrong.
When in doubt, ask the staff. We'd rather provide you clarification now than have to ban you later.
1. General chat is for general discussion. The Forbidden Sanctum is for roleplaying. If you are chatting in the Sanctum or Roleplaying in the General chat, you will be asked to move it over.
2. No Harassment, Creepiness, Temper Tantrums, or Drama. If the staff feels that your behavior toward another user crosses the line, you are subject to either a warning or removal from the room, at their discretion.
3. Likewise, no attention seeking is permitted. This includes:
a. Melodrama. If your day was so bad you don't even want to talk about it, why is it being even mentioned?
b. Aggressively trying to redirect the conversation or insert yourself into it. Doing this politely is fine
c. Discussion of psychological issues. These are better handled in private and no one in chat is qualified to or able to help you. It is also not possible for us to distinguish genuine conditions from seeking sympathy points.
d. Godmoding in all its forms, which includes forcibly inserting yourself into roleplay scenes
4. Chat is meant to be light-hearted, keep it that way. If you have a problem with something being said or done there, bring it to the attention of the staff via whispers or PMs. Any "Calling out" will not be tolerated.
5. Whispers are subject to viewing by staff and these rules will be enforced there, as well. They are not for full-fledged private conversations, as they make it difficult to monitor chat. Any exchange more than a few messages long should be handled in PM. Do not use it as a place for Roleplay OCC. Proposing one is fine, but it should be moved to PM as soon as it is agreed to.
6. No sharing of personal information, including Skype or email. This includes in whispers.
7. All other site rules still apply, especially in the Forbidden Sanctum
8. The Forbidden Sanctum is not a place for Cyber-sex. If you are being too vulgar or explicit, you will be made to leave. It’s only for light Role-play or Adult conversations.
a. Do-s Spanking, Touching, Tying up, Cuddling, Kissing, General play flirting, Playful troublemaking. Think you are in a room full of people. You wouldn’t do certain things, right? Right. Remember, this is only Role-Play. Everything is fun and games. If it gets serious – take it to a thread.
b. Don’t-s Full on RP, semi-para. Just take it to a Thread. That’s what the forum is for. Detailed interactions, dry humping. Honestly, we don’t want to see it. Being possessive, being a dick about something that someone “did”.
9. The rules are subject to change and Staff interpretation. Our one and only goal is to make chat an enjoyable addition to this site. If we feel your behaviour is in contravention to this principle, change it or be removed. If you feel you are being unfairly treated, message an admin. If an Admin makes a decision, it is final.