Challenge Submission A Mythical Tale

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission A Mythical Tale

Vermilion

Yes, the Slipknot song
Local time
Today 10:47 AM
A dark mist came over the small form
of Emily White. Her face, usually pale and full of freckles, was now covered in the smoke. Emily had read about a portal to the over world in a book. She let her curiosity get the better of her. The girl knew better than to believe some myth in a book, but she had little knowledge of what was about to happen to her. If she managed to somehow escape the smoke, nobody would believe her. All of her thoughts were cut short when a loud sizzle met her ears.

"Madam!" A loud, sparky voice erupted throughout her mind. She felt someone shaking her. Her eyes flew open, taking in her surroundings. Light lilac curtains covered an open window, and the curtains moved with the wind. A large door was slightly open and beside her was a creature with small, pearly horns. She went to scream, but nothing but a raspy noise came out. She frantically pushed herself away from the hideous monster and grabbed the nearest object. Great! A comb. If she wasn't so scared, she would have rolled her eyes. She noticed that she had on different clothes than before she was, well here. Whatever this place is. She had no idea what her purpose was here and she didn't want to stick around to find out. The next thing she needed in her life was more stress and confusion. She just wanted to go home! She pointed the comb at the creature, hoping that it would somewhat have it stay away from her.

"What am I doing here?" She asked in a demanding tone, her voice quivering. "You… You fell through the sky. There was a hole and I saw you fall! Are you hurt?" The creature asked. Though the creature showed sympathy, Emily had no true intentions of trusting whatever it was. "I saw you land in trees! Let me help you. It has been centuries since I've met someone!" It's voice was full of excitement and the look in its eyes only intensified. "Why am I here? Why did you try and save me. I want to go home, please! I don't belong here!" She shouted, rage taking over her senses. All of this was so confusing and everything was happening at once. "I-I'm not sure." It seemed to have regret from saving her now. "If I don't get you somewhere safe, Zues will come find you and kill you! You should be thanking me! I'm risking my life for you." It explained, it's pearly horns glowing as it's tone raised. She was dumbfounded. She had no words. "Why exactly would I be killed?" She questioned. "I can't explain now! We need to go before he finds us!"

Emily was shoved out of the door and outside where the sky was a dark blue and the sky twinkled. She couldn't help but examine the sky in disbelief. Everything was so beautiful compared to anything she had ever seen. "Hurry up! We need to keep moving!" The creature gestured for her to follow and kept an uneven pace for running. They made it to the woods where sticks and branches hit her skin and large thorns pricked her skin. She couldn't help but moan out in pain when she felt a stabbing sensation and blood falling down her leg. A large thud came from behind them and branches breaking. She looked to where the creature was but lost sight of the mythical beast. She silently prayed in her head.

Her prayer wasn't heard as a man with white and brown hair emitted from the woods. Fear instantly over came her senses. She tried to run but her legs were stapled to the ground. She tried to scream, but no sound came out. The last thing she saw before coldness erupted through her body was a glowing object. Another feeling entered her body. Sharp pains shot up her body and she doubled over in pain. The world went black and her life seemed to be over in an instant.

Emily woke up to the feeling of a weight on her shoulders and shackles around her wrists. She thought that she had died! Why was she still alive? How was she still alive? Was the man she saw the one that had came to kill her? She remembered the creature that had left her in the middle of the woods to die. Where had he gone? How dare he abandon her! If she somehow managed to escape, she would get her hands on him. She shook the shackles in an attempt to get them loose. Though they were big and hefty on her wrists, she didn't have room to get her wrists out. She started shaking the chains to get anyones attention. A voice in-front of her scared her. "Shaking those will do nothing for you." The man from earlier appeared as she noticed an orange glow from a lantern above her cell. She felt dry tears on her face as the cell opened.

"It's such a shame I have to kill you." He made a snickering sound and ran his pale fingers over her jawline. "Why do you have to kill me? You can't bring me back to my home?" She asked softly, looking down at the ground to hide from her vulnerability. "You came from the sky. Only bad omens come from those. I'm protecting my world from you." He explained, pulling a small knife from his pocket. She saw the shimmer off of the blade and her breath caught in her throat.

"Please don't." She begged quietly, trying to figure out a way out of this situation. The cold blade was recast up the side of her face and if she moved, she would probably get cut. "Don't worry, I'm not going to just yet. I'm going to have some fun before I do." She could see the smile on her face as she looked up. Perhaps looking him in the eye would make him feel less of a monster. Maybe more human, or whatever he was. She felt her shackles being untangled and the weight of the cuffs falling off her wrists. She felt a large amount of relief. Her wrists fell to the ground with a thump. "Get up. I'm not going to kill you quite yet." He smirked, a large grin on his face. He quickly led the female up the dungeon stairs and into a corridor, where the red and black highlights stuck out among the rest of the colors. For someone who was so sick in the head, he had great design ideas. Emily couldn't help but wonder if the red was blood splattered from other victims that he had captured and killed. Ones that had fussed and gotten on his nerves? Maybe her key out of this place was to have her push his buttons and have him murder or let her go. She would work on escaping tomorrow or as soon as she got the chance. Emily crossed her fingers in hope. Maybe she would see her family again before being used as a decoration. She was led into a large room, a long red carpet leading up to a throne where candles were lit above the metal. Had these creatures not learned about electricity? Was it forbidden? So many questions raced through her mind. Once they made it to the throne, he sat and had Emily stand at the front of his throne. This was terrifying and traumatising. If she somehow made it out of this over world, no one would listen to her! What if this was all a dream? Would she wake up and have her life back? She pinched herself to find out that no, it wasn't a dream. She could feel pain. She was taken out of her thoughts once the male started speaking. "I'm going to kill you. I want to have some fun with you, perhaps torture you before your soul goes on to the afterlife. That would be a better option than going back to where you came from and dealing with all of this." He stated, picking up an object that looked like a smaller pitchfork and placing it at the base of her neck. "Do you have any last words before you're brought to your extinction?" Emily quickly shook her head no, before hearing the sick sound of flesh being crushed through. A large scream escaped her lips. Her world went black in an instant. "You didn't really think you were dead right?" He laughed. "I get to dismember every limb on your body and you get to feel everything. Enjoy Hell, Emily."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom