Either Needed Enigma United - Interest check

Currently reading:
Either Needed Enigma United - Interest check

Local time
Yesterday 11:00 PM
Journal entry from Sir Sigfried Enigmas, 11th century.

I have seen the devil's face; many claimed to have seen or have known the devil; they speak rubbish. I have looked evil in the front and seen the depths of the abyss. I have been investigating a village after the disappearance of children near a bridge that leads to the forest. Most of them were always alone. I have spent three days in the town after speaking with the missing children's friends at midnight. I went to the bridge. When I arrived, the stench of death was so unbearable I nearly vomited. I have smelt nothing so putrid. As I got closer to the bridge, I could hear a voice speaking. That night, I met Winston. A fouler creature than any I have ever seen. I walked under the bridge with my torch, approaching the voice I heard with a grotesque gurgle. Its skin was grey and peeling; it hunched over the body of a young girl I was too late to save. Lord forgive me, I faltered in my step and its face. Dear god, that hideous face. I am sad to say I did not slay Winston; I am not sure if he. It is even alive. We must find a group of talented individuals who are adept with the supernatural and the occult and have them investigate these enigmas.

Enigma United
Throughout history, every culture has creatures and otherworldly beings. Sure, we as a modern society shove them off as mythology or just superstitions. But what if they were real? What if everything you know about the world was just a construct to hide the truth about these Enigmas? The X-files, Supernatural, all those television shows got some things right and some things wrong. But it made people less frightened of them. Even if it doesn't work, the more we introduce you to these monsters, the less likely you will freak out when you see one. The easier it is when we tell you it is just something you made up in your mind to cope with your encounter's tragedy.

Enigma United started in 11th century England when a journal entry from a knight provoked more interest in paranormal beings. Since then, Enigma had handed and gotten rid of some prejudices from the old times when creatures were less understood. Now we specialize in dealing with many paranormal events. Demonic possessions, hauntings. Mysterious creatures, strange murderers or disappearances. We explore it all; well, our investigators do all the legwork. But it is all done in secrecy. However, there will always be conspiracy theorists. We cannot confirm or Deny that the political leaders are lizard people from space. But you might find something in the HQ library filled with all kinds of books on mythological creatures, magic spells and more.

Our existence is mainly unknown outside the United Nations; Enigma agents only show up in the most peculiar reports. Though most of their investigations come from the governments, they take on personal cases. Enigma United has existed for nearly a millennium, having originated in the 11th century of Britain. They have established branches all over the world today. Their mission is to maintain the balance between the supernatural and human societies. There are three levels of hierarchy in Enigma United. The highest level is corporate. We historically called it the Inner Circle, comprising seven members that vote on whether a case is strange enough to involve the special agents known as investigators. The second level of Enigma is Handlers. There is a handler for every country across the world. Handlers take in reports from other government agencies, picking those with strange or supernatural circumstances. The cases, once given the okay from corporate, are assigned to investigators. The investigators or hunters work in pairs. Their authority transcends that of the highest forms of government, and they let no one outside Enigma United investigate further once they have taken over.

Ohh. Sounds interesting! I'm down.

Hm... Interested. I, too, am down with this sickness.

Sorry kinda been ill over the weekend. Here is the first installment of my info dump.

WIP Character

Name: Unknown
Alias: Blindfold
Appearance: Blindfold is a scruffy-looking man of about twenty, with dirty-blonde hair and usually wears some sort of dark jacket with comfortable pants. Oh, and of course, I'm forgetting. My mistake. He also has a quite notable lack of eyes. They have been replaced with often writhing pools of a black, inky substance called the Ink. Because of this, he usually wears a white cloth over his eyes - a blindfold. Traveling around like this, the strip of cloth would eventually become his namesake, gaining a reputation as mysterious, enigmatic, and powerful.
Personality: Blindfold is usually guarded to new people, as one who is in his line of work tends to do, though he opens up eventually about certain things, if someone else reciprocates. Once he's opened up, he can drive an intriguing or even humorous conversation and enjoys friendly banter with companions. He is very loyal and surprisingly caring, although his analytical and logical side can let him make decisions for the greater good - or what he considers the greater good, leading some people to consider him uncaring; he really isn't, Blindfold just believes that a calm and logical mind is the best solution to a problem, but really just keeps him from facing things that he'd - rather not.
The entity that gave him his powers, the Man in the Mirror, after cursing Blindfold with these abilities and gouging out his eyes, decided to hang around. Blindfold and the Man in the Mirror are constantly in conflict, bantering about what decision Blindfold should take in every given moment. This gives Blindfold the appearance of hesitating every time he speaks to think, but he's actually arguing with the Man.
Abilities:
Second Sight: Since Blindfold is, ah… blind… he tends to use his other, heightened senses, such as sound, smell, and touch. However, there is a power that Blindfold is in the early stages of leaning; a power that will let him see everything around him, with no emphasis at all, seeing everything at once - how the Man sees the world. Blindfold isn't dealing very well with this power, however, and is currently working on perfecting his usage of it. He has… a long way to go.
The Ink: The Ink is a black, viscous liquid that can move and regenerate, as well as change it's density at amazing speeds - allowing Blindfold a very powerful and versatile weapon that he and the Man alone can control. The Ink can come out quick, and can also, with a considerable amount of time, make copies of Blindfold's own cells, healing him at about fourteen times normal speed, a considerable boost, but any serious injury will still put Blindfold out of commission for at least a day. Minor injuries will stay for a few hours, a fatal one? Maybe a week.
The Ink is forever tethered to Blindfold, however, more specifically his eye sockets, so the Ink more often than not tends to snake around behind his head, down his spine, and across any sort of limb that he might need it to go across, usually his arms. He can use the Ink as a mid-ranged weapon, shooting out inky tendrils, or as a close-ranged one, making rudimentary weapons out of it or even augmenting his own strength with the substance.
Interference: The Ink gives off a weird sort of 'bad luck radius', interfering with all sorts of technology, people, and things. This means it is dangerous to both himself and other people for him to use all but the simplest and most foolproof of technologies, a prime example being a gun. These things simply just go haywire.
This power especially interferes with anything trying to access or read Blindfold's mind, even applying to demonic possession. It just... doesn't work. To others, it seems like he just... doesn't exist. Attempts to read his future have also come up with just... a garbled mess.
If the Man in the Mirror is feeling nice, this bad luck can apply to other people, things trying to affect him such as poison, werewolf bites, and the like.
History: Blindfold was a normal teenager, as most everyone was, except for the fact that his family were a very notorious family that hunted down and killed supernatural beings, considering these beings to be inherently evil, a scourge upon the earth, a plague. This family, a very old and very rich family, mind you, had developed a lot of ways to kill such beings, or at least put them permanently out of commission. Blindfold's side of the family, in the few short years after their mother, Blindfold and his brother's father's wife and the love of his life, died very suddenly and very, very dead. Irreversible, I'm afraid. No matter what the Father tried. And he tried a lot. Down, down he went, down the spiraling pit of insanity.
Using his very extensive knowledge of monsters and supernatural things, the Father tried to summon a very ancient and very, very powerful demon. Or, at least, he thought it was a demon. You see, there are… beings. Beings that transcend mortals' foolish ideas of races, of demons, werewolves. These beings are not to be trifled with. And, in his borderline insanity, the Father trifled with one of them. The most powerful. The Father tried to summon the Man in the Mirror.
It went… badly.
Everyone in the house was transformed into inky beasts, some more powerful than others. Demons, some called them. Others, monsters. But all have learned to stay away from the house, the House of Odd. Ink flows through it, and darkness surrounds it. Reality bends and breaks around it, coiled in the hate and madness and the Father brought to their home - and now it'll stay that way forever.
But one escaped.
The Man in the Mirror doesn't appear for just any old mortal. There was something - someone - that the Man wanted. A child of the Father, one that had the potential to be his host, something not everyone can do. Blindfold was the perfect host, one being able to focus and even amplify his power, with his delectable, fascinating, FRUSTRATINGLY POWERFUL human WILL. His DETERMINATION. HOW CAN HE RESIST ME?
Ahem. I got a little worked up there.
Anyway, after The Man in the Mirror let the little blonde-haired boy escape, he's been both lonelier than he should be and less lonely than he would've liked, with yours truly living in his head.
After this, Blindfold was taken in by Enigma United, mostly for study, as they desperately want to know more about this 'Man in the Mirror', but eventually they let Blindfold off to do missions - usually with resounding success. It's sort of a symbiotic relationship. The United gets to study him and gets some work, in return for housing and sharing some of their studies with him, so that he can understand himself a little better.

Last edited:
Character 1: L'Éclat Rouge: Dové.
Name: Dové Leroux
Species: Shifter.
Nationality: French.
Appearance: See Here.

THEME SONG

Abilities
Shapeshifting - Dové is capable of shapeshifting into a black cat. She is also able to blend into the shadows.
Ultimate Analysist: Dové pays attention. Her higher than average hearing translates from her shapeshifted form to her primary form -- her human form.

Story
(TBE)
The Leroux clan has always been spoiled. Such was the way of a Leroux shapeshifter. Dové was no different. After-all, she did bring quite a lot of fortune to the Leroux name after her departure to the United States and her abilities as an information broker. Even to her adult-hood she blossomed into a well-maintained, voluptuous young woman.

She really doesn't have much of a story to her, as she prefers to collect the stories of others and remain enigmatic. That is the way of a stealthy predator, and she is quite capable of being such; especially for the right price.

Character 2: Foxeye Fuki.
Name: Fukina "Fuki" Alyonushka Valerianovna
Species: Human (Non-Magical).
Nationality: Russian.
Appearance: See Here.

THEME SONG

Abilities
Advanced Knowledge of Weaponry.
Advanced Knowledge of Systema.

Story
(TBE)
But a poor, frail child was Fukina when she was but a child of seven years. She once had a happy life. Being a single child to her father Chudov and her mother Yutilova; she hadn't a care in the world for what may come her way. Too bad it was a Wendigo.

While out on a hiking trip while her parents were visiting the United State, Fukina quickly found herself in a desperate situation of life or death once her parents had been slain by a lone Wendigo in the alpines of Wisconsin during Winter -- Fukina's favorite season. Too bad her only experience with a cryptid would permanently scar her… literally. Two scars were whipped across her eyelids after a vicious slash by the Wendigo before she was able to somehow take it down. Not even Fukina, to this day, knows how she was capable of such a feat.

Eventually word had spread, however, of her parents' demise that eventually forced her to live with her distant aunt, Miss Gillepsie. How deeply involved her aunt was in a strange organization named Enigma United, though. How convenient as well that she was also part of the Shipy Rozy, the Thorns of Rose as was known to others. They were a power-hungry organization that took out contracts with Enigma United, and offered their female spies in trade for a share of the captured profit. Fukina was no exception to the torturous training that the Thorns of Rose would put their recruits to. She wasn't given a choice by her distant aunt, unfortunately.

So within an instant she had gone from a happy child to that of a nearly mind-broken slave to the Thorns of Rose. How fortunate it is that Fukina had gained the name of Foxeye Fuki, though; as her scars made her appear to have the markings of a fox. She was also quite talented in Russian martial arts and had advanced knowledge of weaponry thanks to Shipy Rozy. She was so useful that Enigma United paid a hefty sum to permanently "buy" the services of Fukina. After-all, Investigators that were not capable of magic were quite rare as Fukina was told.

But she didn't care. She still saw blood from her younger days, albeit she hides it very well. She knows she does not deserve the life she was given as the shame of her parents' deaths and any trace of Wendigo's being alive deeply grounded her hatred for Cryptids. Her blood practically boils when she sees a Wendigo. Yet, per training of Shipy Rozy, she was taught to redirect his anger to better combat her foes. Too bad her foes sometimes end up a little… broken beyond repair.

Last edited:
Name: Jacob Bishop
Race: Human
Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Current Residence: Salem, Massachusetts
Talents/Skills: Can see and speak with spirits and demons. Jacob Has extensive knowledge of demonology. He has only ever performed one exorcism, and it didn't go well. He has hunted and relocated various cryptids, knowing how to identify a cryptid sign and banished several ghosts from serious hauntings.

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Eye Color: Dark green
Hair Color: It used to be black but has gone salt and pepper
Strengths/Weaknesses: He is getting older and losing his edge. But he is still a senior and a well-travelled investigator. He rarely leaves the comforts of HQ unless it is serious. His experience has landed him in the position of handler. He has sustained injuries that haven't healed properly, which makes him more reliant on modern weaponry.
uoCVjV3.jpg

Jacob Bishop started in Enigma at 20; Bishops have been with Enigma United for a long time. He was born with the gift to see and speak with spirits, so it only seemed natural that his father and mother were to recruit him in. That was a decade ago; since then, his parents have died in a case. The information sat in a folder in his filing cabinet, scared to death to take it out and read it. He knew the truth that it was a Skinwalker that had killed them. Throughout the years, he has been on many cases and solved most of them with success. In his 18 year career before taking the Handler desk job, Jacob solved 100 cases on record.

Case file #1: Vampire in Lafayette- This was one of Jacob's first cases working with a hunter specializing in vampires. They sent Jacob for backup and to get some training experience. This case was not his first case but his first vampire in the town of Lafayette, a very well-known vampire sanctuary where vampires have integrated with humans and they coexist peacefully. There was a case of an evil vampire. Now Jacob had mixed feelings for vampires. Belonging to Enigma United, he had to work with many vampires. His feelings towards them had changed by the time this case fell into his lap. The case took three weeks to track down the vampire finally. Initially, his orders were to capture the vampire, but in the end, after the ward, got killed in an altercation between Jacob, The Vampire Ward Fodor Glava and the evil Vampire Virgil. Jacob had to kill Virgil in a rear attack with a stake through Virgil's heart. The case was closed, and Jacob moved on, every so often visiting Lafayette, Colorado, to pay his respects to Fodor and visit his family.

Case file #2 Villisca Axe Murder house- In Villisca, Iowa, a haunted house had been the home of a demon after being summoned by a group of kids who were playing with things they didn't understand. On November 7, a visitor to the world-renowned Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca, Iowa, rushed to a nearby hospital after being found with a self-inflicted stab wound to his chest. The house is a familiar site to paranormal investigators, who have proclaimed it to be one of the most haunted places in America following the 1912 murders of six children and two adults whose skulls they crushed while they slept in their beds. The crime was never solved, and visitors to the house regularly report emotional, physical, and supernatural disturbances during their overnight stays. Cue Jacob. After, a bizarre and almost deadly incident in the house that had taken place simultaneously like the murders in the house at 12:45 am. A recreational ghost hunter had tangled with the wrong entity and ended up stabbing himself in the chest, nearly dying. First, Jacob interviewed everyone who was in the house the night the ghost hunter stabbed himself. He visited the property. There was nothing unusual about the house besides the feeling of sadness that he got. After a thorough investigation, Jacob exposed the ghost hunter as a fraud. As this fraud had angered the spirits of the six people violently murdered in the house, Jacob hoped their souls could rest in peace.

Case file #3 Skinwalker in New Mexico- Jacob had a case from an old friend. Abigail. A Skinwalker had terrorized the Navajo reservation. Jacob had spent some of his life there as a good friend of Abigail Nightwolf. Skinwalkers are extremely rare to come by and even more complex to kill than vampires, in most cases. The case was hers, but she knew she couldn't handle it on her own. So she asked Jacob for help. Jacob travelled to the Navajo reserve in New Mexico near Skinwalker Canyon from Colorado. It was a 4-week investigation; the Navajo people lost many of their folk and livestock. Once Jacob and Abigail had set a trap for the Skinwalker, they waited. On the night of August 4th, the Skinwalker showed. In a harrowing fight, Abigail and Jacob only wounded the Skinwalker, but not kill it. The Skinwalker had killed Abigail and nearly killed Jacob. The three scars on his chest prove it. This case remains open to this day and hasn't touched it. But he knows the Skinwalker is waiting for him. He has a feeling that they will meet each other again someday.

A journal entry from Erick Crane, 1692
I have made it to America; it was a long and dangerous journey. On the voyage, I have seen creatures I have only read about in historical encounters. Currently, I am residing in Boston, Massachusetts. I am travelling to Salem to meet with a fellow from England named Adam J. Seymour. They have warned me he is a powerful warlock by the Inner Circle. They say he means to start a covenant there. I am simply going to observe; I am under no circumstances to engage with Seymour past getting the information. The Inner Circle seeks. Though he has already invited me, I fear this bodes ill-fortune that he is aware of my presence. Is he aware that I belong to Enigma United? What will come of this invitation? These are all unsettling thoughts in my mind as the carriage ferries me to Salem.

WIP Character - Still Subject to Change

Name: "Blackjack" aka 'Jack' (This entity does not have any known 'Real Name')
Species: Human (Magical)

Appearance:
+ A man of average build, standing around 5'10" ft. Not much is known about the color of his skin and hair, but his eyes can glow red for purely cosmetic reasons.
+ Jack's outfit consists of a black tailcoat with a dark grey undershirt paired with light-grey pants. His prominent feature is a red cloak with a blue inner color that covers most of his body. He also wears fingerless military gloves, a pair of dark-red boots, a black gas mask that covers his face, and a black trilby hat with a red band and a small golden skull badge at the front.

Abilities:
+ Weapon Conjuration - Blackjack can conjure any object that can easily be concealed within his cloak and held with one hand, provided he has experience in effectively using them as weapons (may include simple improvised weapons). This ability can only be used when he has the intent to kill or cause severe injury, and only one object can be conjured at a time (excluding thrown weapons, which can be conjured in multiples)
+ Armed Combat Proficiency - Despite only having vigilantism as his only known background, he has a remarkably proficient amount of combat skill as well as above average striking power and seemingly inhuman accuracy, mobility, and dexterity. Although he is also capable of unarmed combat, he shines best with a weapon at hand. He appears to be capable of changing fighting styles with relative ease and has crafted a handful of some rather unconventional modified weapons.
+ Stealthy Maneuvers - Despite his rather flashy get-up, he is somehow capable of silently tracking individual targets. Perhaps there is something in his attire that gives him the capability of doing so?

About the Character:
+ "Blackjack" is an eccentric man with a fondness for urban legends. Although there appeared to be nothing that had properly given him a reason to do so, he suddenly decided to start training himself in armed combat and tracking down individual criminals. In his own words: "I feel like becoming a legend, a cautionary tale for those who dip their hands into filth. Truly, I desire to be feared." The initially high crime rate in the place where he was initially discovered by Enigma United hints towards a possible motive related to crime, and possibly an event in the past deliberately forgotten by Blackjack himself.
+ It is said that his powers were granted when a man named Andrès politely entered through his door while Jack was attempting to conjure a powerful demon. Despite Jack ignoring the strange man's attempt to have him leave the summoning circle to have a "friendly personal conversation", Andrès decided to bestow him "magical power from Gehenna" under the condition that he must "...cause immense suffering to all victims, and to make those victims many, that the screams of their corpses breath life unto discord". The possibility of that man being the powerful demon himself is more than likely.
+ Blackjack was behind several government-classified murders, with all victims having a high criminal record. His murders were all framed to resemble deaths caused mostly by urban legends, notably:
= A previously unknown drug dealer found in a restroom with a deep and clean cut at the nape that severs the spine. The blood that flowed out of the wound resembles a red cape.
= A police officer found in an isolated room filled with neurotoxic gas. Chemical analysis reveals that perfume was mixed in to hide its smell.
= A man shot through the head via a trapped peephole which triggered a gun , resulting to the removal a large portion of his head via delayed bullet explosion. Victim discovered to have several false IDs in possession.
= A heavily mutilated body left in an abandoned train, still alive at the time of discovery but was rendered completely incapable of speech and died shortly after. DNA matched that of a convict who escaped prison.
= There were at least two other murders done by Blackjack but these were 'relatively mundane' compared to the aforementioned cases.
+ An investigator from Enigma United began handling these, initially confused about the seemingly random deaths, but eventually figured out that this was the result of a single person, starting from the fact that they were all located in a single city. The investigator began hunting for Blackjack, hoping to solve the case once and for all.
+ This investigator would eventually encounter Blackjack, who was polishing his sword in front of half a body. Expecting him to escape the investigator began to run after him, blade and gun at ready; only for a second of time to show that he had been crippled by a triad of fragmenting bullets that had shattered the joints of his arms and a leg. Knocked out and in pain, he had no choice but to be at the mercy of Blackjack.
+ "The hell you doin' here? I'm supposed to be doing the hunting in this place," Blackjack interrogated the investigator, pulling out a small vial of acid from his cloak. Preferring to keep his life relatively intact (and that's perfectly understandable given the gorefest that he had exposed himself to for months due to that case alone), he decided to detail his reason for pursuing him, exposing the existence of Enigma United and their operation to the vigilante killer in the process.
+ Blackjack is surprisingly interested in the organization, seeing their attempts to investigate his killings as 'a subtle complement'. He made a deal with the investigator to provide further information that would allow him to join the group in exchange for not smashing a vial of acid into his face, thus sparing him. Although the investigator refused to give off this sensitive information, he DID inform Blackjack that hunting down cryptids and supernatural beings to 'prove his worth' would have the group interested in recruiting him. Blackjack thought about this, agreed, and spared him anyways; and the two decided to keep the incident a secret.
+ As of now, he is currently trying to hunt down supernatural beings, having done some general research about them and their alleged weaknesses, but has yet to actually face one. Perhaps, he would cross paths with Enigma United in his endeavors.

Notes:
+ He'll probably kill a convict if he comes across one by happenstance.
+ He has plenty of weapons concealed in his cape. He typically only uses his magic when he either lacks an important weapon or feels like killing a target in a specific fashion.

Last edited:
Name: Nicholas Kobalt
Callsign: Practical
Nationality: Caucasian
Personality:
A man of few words, one tended to listen rather than openly make idle chatter. A doer over a person being told what to do, a team player but at the end of things, happier in his own company than going out on the town late a night. After careful psychological sessions its confirmed that Nicholas possesses higher intellect, social awareness than he lets on. However this masks the fact that he does carry unresolved issues, increased aggression and an aversion to being touched affectionately. Opting best to keep people at arms length than forming deeper and connected relationships. Through careful probing it became clear that he avoids these mostly because at a young age he associates it with great emotional pain.

Throughout his career - uptil to the point it was discovered he was a Null - nothing has changed only that his request to transfer to another agency shortly after a Op went bad.
As one of a number of surviving members - his facade of emotional distance is his strength but also his greatest weakness.
A careful eye can see that although he bottles up those emotions it is taking a toll on his physical and mental well being. But since he's a Null that door or window to seeing within is permanently welded shut.

Appearance:
Standing at 6'2, well built toned with hands that are a bit too vein covered, lined with a mixture of small scars that each have their story. A nose that looks to have been broken and set a number of times.
When not in the field he tends to wear either a loose T shirt with either a witty phrase, loose cargo pants over a pair of worn leather boots or sandals. He has mismatched coloured eyes, one being a silvery blue the other an electric green. Depending on the operation also dictates how he dresses, in most cases always going armed with at least something even if its just a walking stick. Tattoos run down both his arms, hiding the deeper more serious scars from old injuries either from claws, glass or worse.

Its rare for him to really want to remove his shirt - but when the mission calls he's more than happy to gear up and go in. In most cases even with his short, salt and pepper hair you'd be forgiven for mistaking him as someone of military background. Funny for you is that he never once served in the official armed forces owned by governments, instead - worked on the more private military contracts before moving on to the armed branches of supernatural containment.

Skills:
- Trained and Experienced close quarter combat both with firearms and melee weapons.
- Trained and Experienced in use of longarms, SMG, LMG assault weapons, maintenance and field operation.
- Trained and Experienced in the use of remote, timed and manufacturing of controlled explosives, grenades and mines.

- Trained in mixed martial arts, from Krav Maga, Taeqwando and Hapkido.
- Trained in field triage, first aid and emergency first aid.
- Trained and experienced in the use of a mixture of field technology both to assist in the acquisition, tracking, capture and containment of supernatural entities.
- Trained and experienced in the use of vehicular combat in both defensive and aggressive manoeuvres.

Classification: Null
Null's in human society usually are rarer than rarer, a Null has no presence psychically and effects that alter, confuse or confound the senses have no effect. A null is also immune to the effects both beneficial and detrimental to them from forms of supernatural magic, however objects imbued with a hex can still affect them. As tested, a brick with the stubtoe hex still resulted in Practical and other tested individuals despite being aware of the objects location - upon moving within proximity still accidentally stubbed their toe.

Nulls can be perceived to 'lack' certain emotions - come across as flat both in their tone or inflection, however this is far from what people understand - a Null still has full range of emotions maybe more of a hold over then from the fact that they themselves have grown used to being so disconnected. Harder still is it for other beings to read both a nulls thoughts or intentions, to put it simply its as if they are there physically but register as nothing. Demons have been able to possess the vessel of a Null, however they soon realise that the vessel cannot gain their inhuman strength, speed or supernatural abilities which has proven quite a shock.

A Null isnt 'born' merely made from a incredibly dangerous exposure which results to them undergoing extended periods of stress in quick rapid succession and almost dying.
Attempts at trying to induce this have resulted in death of the subject being tested. A null while lacking the registration psychically, cannot see ghosts and ghosts find that trying to muster the energy to harm them is detrimental when they try to manifest. Other supernatural beings through proximity - tend to not be aware of a Null until the obvious is pointed out or they discover it for themselves. One even described it as if the 'energy' that gave it presence was gone altogether.

History:
Nicholas Kobalt was born into a low socioeconomic part of society, from witnessing violence at a young age resulting in the serious injury of his parents and them requiring public healthcare and carer support. He was moved to foster care which sadly only further isolated him then back in with his extended family on his mothers side. After finishing an apprenticeship in fitting and turning he turned to taking up the military but also continued to support his parents ongoing care costs. After eight years, an incident in the field - one he opts to refrain from speaking about made him leave, taking up instead private military contract work and later an organisation known as Eclipse. The paramilitary side of containing, capturing and studying the dangerous entities of the supernatural. It was under these dangerous conditions - while stressful - he continued his trade but also kept wit the curve of advancements in ensuring his effectiveness in the field.

In the crime torn streets and cartel riddled city of New Mexico - his team was sent in to handle what was beyond that of the local militarised police.
An entire unit block, similar to that of the Raid. Only - those of the police force who went in either ended up apart of the criminals within - or sent out partially eaten or skinned.
While a total media blackout had been enforced - eleven of his team went in. Little did he know that this demon - was able to spread from one to another and that he'd be revealed to be a Null.
Upon insertion they were set upon, what occurred much to the benefit of the team was that upon trying to possess him - while it succeeded - it rendered its control over the other vessels useless.

Eight months later the demon was moved to a secure containment site, extracted and set within multiple layers. He'd been in a coma for three and had been responsible while possessed for killing two of his own members not with demonic powers but his own tools of the trade. This forever set him apart socially from his team, the fact that he was a Null explained the differences in his social nature but now the bias was there too. After being accepted for transfer to Enigma - survivors guilt is carried with him. But also his aversion now to really try to get close to others. The violation of his body at the mercy of a demon has also left complicated scars across his soul and mind.
Yet - to spite it all he continues to be an atheist and endure.

Notable Missions:
- House Call:
Capture and containment of a Cryptid known as 'the twisted' man. The entity was responsible for abductions, mutilations and transformation of its victims into more sub types.
This was located in the rural ghost town of Craco - Italy. Only that it wasn't just one house and this had been festering for sometime. Op House Call was a joint operation of locking down the city - two hundred and ten personnel throughout the five day mission lost their lives, became MIA presumed dead or horribly injured. While a success and capture - its creations all were killed off as to avoid further spread.

- Spire:
Intervention to prevent a vampire war with humans after a vampire's childe was abducted and held to ransom by a triad. The night mission was a success averting the war, the triad leader was handed over alive to ensure terms were met. The vampire accepted this as recompense - this involved two teams - a breach team and a drone for eyes in the sky. This was over one of the islands in the Philippines.

- Deaddrop:
An unsuccessful hunt for a cryptid - known for following similar traits to that of Jack the Ripper and harassing the red light district.
Creature was fast, cruel and harassed the team sent within. Op was called off due to high risk - intelligence gathering remains ongoing. The severed heads of two senior operatives were returned along with a hand written note.
'Twas fun.'

- OP-4:
Deep reconnaissance within the mountain ranges of the united states for Wendigo activity and skin-walker movements.
Mission was a success - details pending. All participating agreed to take Class 1 amnestics at conclusion of op.
File remains as eyes only.

- Fractured Cannon
- Last mission where Practical was discovered to be a Null.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom