Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:18 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Sanctum Dwellers!!

November is a big month for writers. It brings NaNoWriMo and far more importantly, the next Sanctum Writing Challenge. With this month being intended for novel writing and so many users already putting time into NaNo, we have decided on a challenge that helps you take a step. As you may know, NaNoWriMo has the goal of writing 50 000 words in a month (or, on average, 1667 a day). Beyond writing a lot of words, it's important to practice using them well! With that in mind:

Write a scene or story of any kind that is between 1500 and 1750 words

That's it, no other guidance, beyond site rules (with the exception that we allow child protagonists for challenge stories) and that the scene should stand on its own. If you're doing Nano and want to use a day's work? Go for it! Want to do something new or use a roleplay post? Go forth! All word counts will be based on the site counter, excluding any headers, footnotes, etc. This challenge is all about editing, so we won't judge this until the challenge closes (giving you time to edit if you post a draft).

All entries will receive a special participation medal, courtesy of @Rose for the Hunter, with a bonus medal for the winner! Winners will also have their thread featured for the month of December using our new featured thread slider.

Please post all entries as a thread in this forum (Link) with a unique title. The Deadline for this month is Wednesday, November 24th, 2021. Please have all entries posted by that evening (EST)

Congratulations to @Mikaela Corvid and @Yhmera for winning the October Writing challenge. Their entries can be read here and here. Thank you to all participants for their amazing work!!

As a side note, be sure to keep casting your daily votes for the Sanctum. You can do so by clicking here!

Agh! Nanowriomo and this ooh... I can't help myself. eek! I am all about orginality though oh so tricky...

There are three really good submissions so far. I can't want to see who else posts. This site has soo many good writers. Hope we end up with lots to read. ^_^
>_< I'm posting but I just want the badge. LOL

Are we able to post responses to writing prompts from elsewhere? I've written a handful of things that might be interesting to at least get more feedback on (including one just today), but I want to get approval before I just post anything of the sort.

Excellent! Hopefully I can get some eyes on one of my experimental pieces to figure out if it worked or not, then. Feedback is always the rarest and most valuable currency. I want to try to do the same in return, but we'll see if I have anything useful to say.

Is there a limit on how many entries are allowed per user? 🤔 I'd assume only one, but I couldn't find the answer above, lol

Back
Top Bottom