Mia

Shooting Rubberbands At The Stars
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Yesterday 8:14 PM
Aloha!

In conjunction with our site upgrade on Friday, May 1, I will be hosting a movie night in our Sanctum Cinema on Kast. (link here: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/sanctum-2-0-—-update-timeline-and-important-changes.17098/ )

Since so many of us are currently in quarantine, I figured I would see which movies you all might like to see! New releases or classics, name that film!
Once we have our list, I'll take a poll to determine the final playlist. We will stream 3-4 films to fill the downtime the site will experience during the upgrade, but we will prepare a couple more in case the site is down for more than 6 hours.

Post your choices here, and let's all go to the movies!

I would really like to see Sleepy Hollow or Alice Through The Looking Glass because I love Johnny Depp. Maybe you'd even consider some Disney movies simply because childhoods are in danger here

I would really like to see Sleepy Hollow or Alice Through The Looking Glass because I love Johnny Depp. Maybe you'd even consider some Disney movies simply because childhoods are in danger here
We showed Sleepy Hollow this past Halloween season. But, we can certainly add "Alice, Through the Looking Glass" to the list!
Other good Johnny Depp movies include, "Edward Scissorhands", and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".

Hmm Splash would be an interesting one. Or Spirited Away, love both of those movies.
"Splash" Starring Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks? That was one of my most favorites movies of all time....

On behalf of @Ipsie, I'm adding "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and "Girl Interrupted".

Dunno if you're still taking recommendations... But what about "The Cat Returns"? While it's animated and probably aimed more at older kids, it has this timeless charm - not to mention one handsome ginger cat as a lead character. :3

Adulthood ain't gonna stop us from enjoying kids' movies.

I loved What's Eating Gilbert Grape! Definitely add that one

Reactions: Mia
Dunno if you're still taking recommendations... But what about "The Cat Returns"? While it's animated and probably aimed more at older kids, it has this timeless charm - not to mention one handsome ginger cat as a lead character. :3

Adulthood ain't gonna stop us from enjoying kids' movies.

That reminds me of an animated movie that I found on YouTube several years back. I even got my mom interested in the movie thanks to its mature themes, and she doesn't really give animation a chance usually.

It's called Felidae. It's a mystery drama featuring talking, feral cats. Very mature - blood, cursing, even a little bit of {bow-chicka-wowow}. Don't know if the whole movie is in one place. But I found all the parts on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom