Challenge Submission The Dangers Of An Angry Dragon

Mysterious Equine

Beautiful Equine
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 10:48 AM
Pronouns
She/her
All was well in a young woman's household... until one fateful night.

Her father was blackout drunk and her mother was bed-ridden with sickness. Her father beat her regularly since she was about the age of fifteen or sixteen. It was all blurred together from one beating to the next. Days would pass into weeks, and weeks into months, and then months into years. Jewel remained by her mother's side the whole time as she was there, yet... Her mother didn't get any better. On her eighteenth birthday, Jewel's mother died and she was depressed. The beatings got worse and much more frequent, more violent.

One day, however, Jewel has had ENOUGH of the pain and torture so she packed a small bag and ran away from home. It was called "running away" although she was of age because her father has had her on such a tight leash that she couldn't do anything or go anywhere. As she sat on a bench, small rumbles of thunder echoed through the dark ebony black sky, no stars or moon were lighting her path, either. Tears fell down her fair skin and she was so scared. She didn't know how to be social.

From her left, Jewel heard what she assumed was the distant rumble of thunder, but what she saw was far from it. Standing before her was a big dragon, standing as tall as a skyscraper, if not a few feet taller than one, with black scales and dark grey wings, its eyes a bright sapphire blue. One would think she should've been horrified by the winged beast as it stood there before her, a wing sheltering her from the rain that started to fall down.

But NO!

Jewel welcomed the mystical beast and was relieved to finally have a friend in this lonely world. Tears started falling down her cheeks as the young woman-- now twenty five years of age-- hugged onto the creature's left front leg.

"What troubles you, young one," the beast asked in a deep voice, lowering its head to look at her, "What brings these tears to your eyes and fear to your body?"

Jewel blinked a few times before looking into the dragon's sapphire-blue eyes with sadness clouding her hazel brown ones. "M-my dad," she said softly, "h-he's been beating me for years... and when Mom died, things got worse. I got educated because of my mother but... I was only a prisoner in my own home. Or, rather, what I THOUGHT was my home." Her voice was small and full of the fear that she always held locked away. "I couldn't even go to my mother's funeral," she added softly, wiping the tears as she hid her face in the scaled leg, "what brings you here?"

A few moments of silence met her ears but the woman didn't mind. No, it was actually welcoming and more comforting to her as she felt the long snout gently rub against her back. "I am deeply sorry for your loss, little one. But tonight is for rest. Tomorrow, I would like to meet this father of yours." The dragon then carefully wrapped her tail around the human and put her on the scaled back before it let go. The tail ended in the shape of a spear's blade-- an arrowhead. So strong yet so gentle when she was picked up.

The rain was cold against her skin but Jewel welcomed it. She was filthy and malnourished, weak and no doubt exhausted but she knew she couldn't fall asleep as of yet. As the dragon flapped its wings and its body lifted into the air, the woman held onto her back. Their altitude wasn't high but high enough to clear buildings and trees without worry. The wind rushed against her face and she found it rather comforting and calming. No longer able to withstand sleep's grasp, Jewel fell asleep slowly while resting on the dragon's back.

~~~~

As morning bathed the world in its golden light, Jewel woke up to cooked venison placed in front of her. She ate her share and thanked the dragoness as she then stood up. "Did you eat?"

"I did," the dragon replied, "Are you ready to confront your problem?"

Her problem? Oh, her dad! "Do you promise to stay with me?" She was horrified of being left alone again with her father, to endure more beatings that were worse than before since she ran away from home and with the intention of never returning.

"I promise," the dragon responded.

"Then," the woman said softly, "I... I am ready." As she saw the dragon lay down and move her tail so Jewel could use that to get onto her back, she did. The black scales seemed to gleam a little bit when they got outside into the sun's warm rays. "Might I ask for your name?"

"My name is not easy to pronounce for you humans and I do not know the human word for it." Once at a spot she could take off easily, the dragoness spread her wings and flapped, her massive body lifting from the ground and into the blue skies.

Jewel nodded slowly and looked around as the trees shrank below them until they got up high enough to fly over everyone. They flew for all but ten minutes when she pointed down to a brick house. "Down there. That's my home."

The dragoness looked down to where it was and proceeded to land. Her clawed feet landed on the ground with a massive THUD.

A balding guy in his sixties walked out with a belt in his hands. "There you are, you pathetic bitch!" He started towards the woman with his arms raised up but the dragoness put her leg between the two. "What's your payment, lizard? What the Hell did she pay you?!"

The dragon let out a massive roar, sending the guy back as she let out a low rumbling growl after. "She does not have to pay me anything. You shall pay dearly for hurting her with your life!"

Jewel ran in front of the dragon, her arms up. "STOP IT! Don't kill him!"

This took the dragoness off-guard but she understood. "Do I have permission to show him what happens if he messes with you?"

The woman nodded and slowly backed away before hiding behind the beast's leg as she cowered.

"What the fuck? I'll beat you into next week if you don't come here RIGHT NOW!" The man was angry and reached into the waistband of his pants to pull out a pistol that was bright silver in color with a black handle and trigger.

Once she saw it, the dragoness swung her tail and hit it clear out of the man's hands, breaking his wrist as a result. "You will NOT hurt her!" As she spoke, smoke rose from her nostrils as she blew flames onto the ground, encircling him in a cloud of flame. She then used her wings' claws to in the man to the ground, her left hand pinning the man as she snapped her jaws CENTIMETRES from his face. "I have half a mind to roast you to a crisp right here and now... but she wishes you alive for whatever reason."

Jewel ran to a nearby tree and hid behind while she watched the fight unfold before her.

Her father scrambled for the gun but wasn't quick enough as the dragon then stepped on the gun, breaking it easily under her foot. "No, you stupid lizard!"

That was the last straw as the dragon lifted the man up in her tail and lifted him high into the air before dropping him. The loud sound of bones cracking and snapping pierced the air as he let out a loud pain-filled scream. He wasn't dead now, just paralyzed.

Jewel crept over to the dragon as she looked at her father. "I-I'll call an ambulance." She raced inside the house and called 911, giving her location before she went out to the dragon once again. "Let's just go," she said in a soft voice, climbing onto the dragoness's back. When she was situated, she hung on while the dragon took off.

"Why did you want him alive?" She glanced over at the human on her back and hovered for a small bit.

"I want him to suffer for everything that he has done to me." She looked down and then pointed to where her father laid on the ground. "Burn him."

With pleasure, the dragon took in a deep breath and opened her mouth to allow flames to spout from her mouth, engulfing the man and the house before she turned and flew off, her maw now closed. "I see. You truly are like a dragon."

That she was.

Jewel has dealt with enough bullshit that she was through with it and didn't want anyone to deal with shit like that anymore and now the world was rid of one creep. Her creep bastard of a father. "Is it alright if I stay with you for a while?"

"Of course, little one. I can protect you at any cost. You have my word, my promise."

Back
Top Bottom