Challenge Submission The Devil's In The Details

Mysterious Equine

Beautiful Equine
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 11:40 AM
Pronouns
She/her
Did you ever feel so overwhelmed with life that you wanted revenge on those that have wronged you?

Juliette has had that very experience.

Bullied by her whole college, abused by her parents, not trusting anyone enough to even go outside her home anymore. After twenty years of torture (she's now 23), verbally, emotionally, mentally, and physically before she just couldn't take it anymore. So, going to the basement of her home, she went to light a series of black candles at the points of the pentagram she drew in red chalk. Then she took a deep breath and slowly knelt down as she lowered her head. "Diavol, ascultă-mi pledoaria, te chem să mă ajuți în vremea mea de nevoie," she said in Romanian, translated to 'Devil, hear my plea, I call to you to help me in my time of need.' She dragged the blade of a knife down her palm as she winced, dropping a few drops of blood onto the tip of the star. The circle surrounding it was white still but the star seemed to soak up her red blood and turned the white star red.

A tall creature standing at about eight-foot-two with red skin, bright red eyes, a goat lower half and a long tail that ended in a spear head appeared in a poof of dark smoke. "You dare summon me," he asked in a deep voice, bending down to be face to face as the five-foot-five female stood up, his tail making her look up at him in the red eyes. Eyes that struck fear into humans or anyone.

"I-I did," Juliette replied, "f-for revenge on my college... and m-my family.... my family abused me and my whole college bullied me..."

"And in return? What do I get out of it?"

"My soul." She looked at him and took a deep breath in. "My soul is yours in return." She looked at him and nodded gently as she looked into his red eyes. "To do with what you see fit."

The man chuckled softly and looked at her. "Deal. You will be my slave for eternity then." He then disappeared after offering a soft bow.

~~~~

It was a few weeks since the summoning and there was a news story about her college going up in flames quite quickly with everyone still inside, all of the students minus Juliette was there, as well as all of the faculty members. It was one down and a few family members to go. So Juliette took them to the woods for a camping trip.

Deep in the woods with nothing to do except enjoy the silence and noises of nature.

"Why are we here, you bastard," her brother, Kile, asked with a heated glare, "need more reminders that you're more valuable dead than alive?" He laughed and then her parents came into the picture, both of who started to beat on her for a few hours until darkness fell. And the darkness that fell around them, blanketing the world in a black blanket and silence fell. The forest was darker with the looming trees sheltering the ground from the moon's white light.

Noises here and there, before...

... Silence...

When the silence hit, screams started to fill the air but not just any screams.... her mother's.

Juliette saw something wrap around her father's legs before he was also dragged deep into the darkness.

Cops were a few minutes out but they wouldn't make it. Kile was next and blood flew out of the darkness before Juliette walked out and lit a campfire, a shuddering breath escaping her. "I know what I said, but... would you like more blood? Wait for the cops and then... you deal with them as well." When she didn't get an answer, she nodded a bit. "Seems like you do want more blood, don't you?"

When cop cars-- four, to be exact-- rolled up and eight cops got out, guns aimed at the blood-covered woman sitting by the fire. "Hands where we can see them," one of the cops shouted to her, "now!" They slowly approached her but it was no use.

And, just like that, one by one...

They were dragged off into the impenetrable darkness. And so was Juliette but she was taken off with a chain around her neck, as though a chain leash attached to a slate grey collar.

With that, the area was left alone, abandoned, but the headlights could now light the trees ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom