Currently reading:
The Tavern OOC

Darko Cernovsek

Soul Of Vengeance
Local time
Today 8:20 PM
Pronouns
Sigma Male
Since so many additional people are joining in and I can't keep up on having the barkeep attend to each person as they come, what do you say to making the Crucible staff shared characters? The Barkeep, the harlots, the serving girls, and the fence in the basement. Anyone can play them as the circumstances need them. Just please try to keep in-character (the Barkeep's way of talking for example).

Addendum: since it looks like there's some confusion on exactly what "shared" means - it means that anyone can take over and play either the Barkeep, or any of the Tavern staff, as desired. No need to ask me in PM's about it. Just go for it.

Stupid question. I've been reading through the threads and so far, found two or three races that seem confirmed in this world.

• Bug people
  • Orcs/potentially half-orcs
  • Dwarves

But I see Teiflings as well (I think) in the tavern. So, question is...what all races are allowed and what races are not?

Also, since there's Teiflings here...is this going to be a dice roleplay? Only asking as I have never played those (dice roleplays) before.

Are there going to be classes here? Like the usual warrior class, mage class, cleric class, rogue class, etc.? Do you pick a class, equipment, etc. for that class or do you just jump in without any of the major details?

So far, am leaning towards either a half-orc slaver or an akhlut (it's a shapeshifting creature from Inuit mythology). I can adjust the mythology of the akhlut to have the ability to shift into a human if needed.

I don't think anyone has agreed upon fully which races are allowed. We probably need a separate thread, just to work that out (in the People thread, you'll see a lot of TBDs). But yes, there's an eclectic collection of beings in there already!

As for the Tavern, it's an experimental area. Bring whatever race you want :) (as long as they can fit through the entrance door, so no Dragons or Ogres or such hehe).

Don't forget liches. Apparently they are frowned upon XD

Oh, that half-dead guy is a lich? Makes sense! I thought he was some kind of undead, just not sure what kind. But yes, magic user, undead - lich is right.

Right now the goal is to keep things as open and free form as possible... but we are still in a beta stage. This means that pretty much anything goes at the moment. The Outer Sanctum is designated as a high fantasy world, so anything that fits high fantasy can be native to the world. If you want to play something that doesn't fit with the high fantasy genre there is a possibility that you came to the Outer Sanctum world via a rift or portal. You can also be any class or occupation that you like.

Possible Races

This is not meant to be an exhaustive list however. You can play what you like.

We aren't doing anything with dice rolling currently.

Just follow good role play etiquette.
1. Don't attempt to control another person's character.
2. Let the person you are interacting with resolve any invasive interactions (theft attempts, combat).
3. Be reasonable in terms of powers and abilities.
4. Communicate if you're having problems or concerns.

Rules may be different when we do to the official launch, but I won't be the one making those decisions. Right now this is experimental to see if we can work together nicely without a lot of rules. If we need rules to keep the rp enjoyable they will probably be added before the official launch.

There also seems to be a little bit of confusion on what "open door policy" means. Please, do not PM me for permission to enter the thread. It's redundant, and does nothing but clog up my inbox. Thank you. Come and go as you please. :)

If anyone wants to discuss their entry into the tavern to talk about character ideas or if you have any other questions, please feel free to DM me. No permissions are needed to be sure, but if you want to discuss I'm a good point of contact.

Question, are species that you come up with allowed? Cause I have a character from race of winged people with porcelain-like skin I would like to use.

Back
Top Bottom