OOC Planning The War Table (Where we Plot)

Currently reading:
OOC Planning The War Table (Where we Plot)

PhiaSerein

Fade Walker
Local time
Today 12:17 PM
Hey everyone! I figure we may as well just start this off super casually and discuss what comes to mind when we read the prompt: "You waken in a darkened meadow, head aching, with no memory of how you got there or what might be rusting in the brush behind you... "

For me I'm thinking something perhaps supernatural. Or since there are four of us we could do a frat-party gone awry. Basically something like waking up hungover and trying to find your buddies.
**Or we could do a horror-type theme, adventuring in the woods late at night, perhaps on a dare, and only one of us makes it out alive, waking up in the meadow, alone and with no memory. Until the rustling in the bushes triggers a flood of memory rushing back to you, and you realize you didn't make it out—you're next.

Everything is obviously still totally up in the air and we have loads of time. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts about what they imagined ^_^!

Last edited:
I like the frat party gone wild idea. Most likely, they could have been drugged by someone (or more likely, something) that wanted certain targets.

I want to hear Ualah's input on this too, but so far so good. If we go with frat-party horror, do we designate a villain or just use them as an NPC and each time we post as our respective characters we each have free use of how the villain gets us?

If we do the one villain route, I'd say we keep it hidden in the thread who the villain is until the end. Leave the audience guessing. But yes, wait for everyone's input, sorry.

So far sounds good to me, I personally would have gone for a fantasy theme but this will push me to be better. It all sounds really good honestly.

Hmmm... what if the villain were something supernatural? Like a vampire or lycanthrope of some sort? But the victims don't realize it until they're caught?

Maybe take some aspects of Until Dawn into play?

That sounds like it could be interesting, possibly some psychological aspects could come into play to torment the characters so it isn't just them getting picked off? Like displaying the corpses or giving them false senses of hope?

Maybe they expect to see something like...
425c1bc2c4c4037ca3cd94384af04fe5.jpg

OR
RodinRender.png
when it really looks like....
Zariel-5e.png
OR
20191218_000614.jpg

Last edited:
Those are pretty cool!

This is a little off topic but I had a dream about the prompt last night where it was sort of like the hunger games but where these god-like creatures pulled a group of people (could be human or otherwise) onto an island and made bets on the outcome of them (whether they would kill each other, work together to get off the island, work together to just survive on the island, or go their separate ways and get killed off).

I know we have already decided what direction we were going to go, I just wanted to get this out of my head.

I would say we are all still brainstorming, Ualah :)

I do like the direction it's going though.
I'm going to summarize my understanding of it all so far though just to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone!

So I'm hearing a group a people (Friends, or people led to this... arena of sorts in the wild) try and survive whatever is after them?

We should establish who we all are to each other, and why we're here.
I do like the idea of somehow keeping the villain/monster unknown until the end, just to build suspense, although I'll be honest and say I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish that, short of just being vague whenever we encounter it/them.

I also like the idea that the enemy is far worse than we expected.

What if our characters were Monster/Demon Hunters? We could be a team, and maybe are slowly killed off(or at least attacked) by an unexpected foe? It's one idea for why we are together and in the woods.
We could also incorporate the drunkeness if anyone wanted. Maybe we finished our mission and are celebrating on the way back, when we are surprised by this new enemy? Maybe that's where the rustling begins? With one of us awake and following the noise... Somehow I think it's more suspenseful and scary if we split them up.

I just thought of a thing though. There's this video game with Cthulhu I think or something, where the main character keeps waking up in the same place, doomed to repeat this horrible loop of sorts until they figure out some puzzle. At least I think that's how it goes, I've only seen trailers and not played the actual game. Anyway, the beginning of each loop would be the rustling behind the bush. No memory. And the audience shouldn't realize it's a loop until the very end, so we would begin and end with a character waking up to the rustling. And somehow this character needs to survive and find their teammates, but is inevitably too late to save them over and over. The characters can discuss having similar dreams, so that it's implied they're all reliving the same events, their memories gradually returning. This idea should fit with whatever we decide to make our character's relationship be, Hunters, friends, hesitant allies, etc.

What do you guys think?

Sadly I am not familiar with Until Dawn

There are some videos on youtube if you'd like to check it out. Basically these kids get stuck on a mountain for the weekend. Something is hunting them, and the choices you make within the game impacts whether they survive or die. Like those goosebumps books where you read a page and at the bottom you make a choice and then turn to the corresponding page.

The video is a bit graphic but not horrible, but I thought I'd let you know.

Spoiler alert though, theres more than 1 "thing" after them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom