Challenge Submission A Case of The Monday's

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission A Case of The Monday's

Lore N. Fables

Demigod
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 4:11 AM
I had written this a few months ago after waking the crankiest individual known to mankind, The Overlord. It was a Monday morning, close to the end of the school year and I had decided to start role-playing again. So, I pinned the two characters I had been playing with together and against the Hellspawn, and this is what happened. I hope any and all who read it, enjoy the nonsense that lies within!

Lore: Andraste's tears!! I managed to awaken the dreaded Overlord. Except is isn't 'Sassy-pants'!! It's the friggin' TITANIC of crankiness and from such a small human!!! It must be Monday. The Evil Overlord only makes her appearance on Mondays...Maker, be with us this day!

Rayne grabbed El's staff and her own scabbard where her twin Kris' were housed. She sighed heavily and marched towards Elindra, where she struggled with taming this snarling creature. "'Tis the day?" Ray said to El.

"Aye," her elvhen companion mutters. "'Tis Monday and the beast has awoken... What is it you always say?" She arched a dark eyebrow at her friend, as she gripped the offered staff. "Let the games begin?" Elindra couldn't help but grin as she looked over at her life long friend.

Gripping the hilts of her Twin Kriss's in her long slender fingers, Rayne flicked her wrists, she sent their sheathes flying to each side of her. Crouching down in a defensive position, she grinned back at El. "Well," she winked. "If you insist." Rayne charged the creature, her blades held at her sides and her eyes on their target.

Elindra closed her eyes and focused the flow of her mana as her staff began to glow an eerie shade of blue. Making sure Rayne wasn't in the line of her staff, opened the flood gate of magic she had summoned, frost balls flying from the end of her weapon. She conjured a blizzard over this Hellspawn they faced, hoping to slow the creature enough to slay it quickly. The creature lashed out with a barbed tentacle and caught Rayne's shirt sleeve cutting it to ribbons. Knowing the complaints about her clothes becoming ruined she yelled... "I buy you a new one!"

"A little busy at the moment El!" Rayne shouted over her shoulder, her eyes never leaving her mark. Rayne whirled to the left when the tentacle lashed out once more, this time, she was prepared for the extra appendages. Before her feet even touched the ground, she had her right arm extended, lashing out with most of her weight behind the blow. She managed to slice the still writhing member in one clean stroke of her blade. The creature squealed in agony, as it shrank back in anger or fear. Rayne didn't care which. Its blood smelled like a sewer on a hot summer day and now it was on her boots! She would never get that smell out! Looking over her shoulder as she prepared for another round she yelled. "A little help here would be wonderful, Gandalf!"

"Gandalf?" She muttered under her breath, "I'll show you Gandalf you Knife-Toting-Harpy..." Breathing in deeply, she tossed her staff to the side. She closed her eyes, to regain focus, knowing Ray could keep this ogre-like creature in check long enough to do what she needed. As if in a trance of some kind, El started to whisper in a language used only by her kind. Her arms which had started at her sides, rose up as if she was pulling something heavy, as electricity glowed and crackled between her hands. She slowly opened her eyes, as to not lose any focus she had just conjured as the wind started to pick up around her. Whirling gusts bursting outward from her small form, as she stared at the foe, only a few yards in front of her. Time seemed to slow as she started to move lithely, one foot in front of the other, and with each step, came a rolling thunder...

"How many of these damn things does it have," she thought to herself aloud as she sliced through yet another barbed tentacle. Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end, she knew El was working her magic, heh, and about to unleash hell on earth. Well, the demon anyway. She heard the low hum of energy being harnessed around her. Taking a quick glance over her shoulder, she saw it. El, standing in concentration, her hands glowing, and the wind swirling around her. Her long silver locks loose and whipping in the storm she was brewing.

"I really shouldn't have called her Gandalf," she muttered as she saw the glowing eyes slowly open. "Meh, at least it worked..." Feeling the earth's floor tremble with each of her tiny steps, Rayne took the opportunity to move out of the line of fire. Or Lightening in this case.

A slow smile played on the full lips of the elf as she felt the wonderful warm tingling of her magic welling inside her, finally ready to be unleashed. Seeing the Harpy move out of her way, it was her time to finally end this. Her arms weaving in front her, rotating the glowing mass in her hands, pushing her hands toward the creature, she hurled the ball of energy. Raising her hand up, and spreading her arms wide, the ball expanded into some sort of cage. Doming over their foe, El slammed her hands down to the earth. The dome came crashing down, slicing the beast to ribbons. Victory would be theirs. Standing, and brushing the dirt off of her hands, she says, "You know, Gandalf was an Anir, not an elf."

Covered in gore, and smelling like an outhouse from the blood of the demon, Rayne glared at the pristine elf with her hands on her hips, and her eyebrow raised. "Anir be damned woman! It worked," and then she looked down at herself. "Really, El?!" Her hands out turned, with an exasperated look on her face. "Would it have been too much to say, 'Hey Ray, move further back!' or something??"

El couldn't help but laugh at Ray in her discomfort. Grabbing her cloak, still clean and out of the way, she handed it over to her. "Well," she chuckled, as the cloak was yanked from her hand. "I guess we learned a valuable lesson... Don't call Elves, Gandalf."

Walking back to where she tossed her staff, she retrieved the instrument and turned a curious look to her friend. "I should have done fire, huh?"

"Now, you wonder about that??" Picking up her scabbard, and sheathing her dagger's she had just wiped clean on El's cloak back into their homes, she looks over at the silver-haired woman. "We had fun though, right?"

Looking over at her raven-haired friend. "Yes, my dear Ray," she sighed, exhausted. "We had fun..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom