Abiding With You All -

Currently reading:
Abiding With You All -

Local time
Today 2:04 PM
Discoursing with the fellow advance writers on the site, I am looking to explore my great love of dark fantasy and macabre horror. Without much preamble- I have had an idea revolving around witches and the realms of death. While it is my hope to flesh out the story from start to finish with one partner, I'm looking to have a mutable cast of characters for an exploratory experience to the darkest avenues of our minds.
The Great War was over, and halfway through the 1920s America realized that it was a world power, the world power - and suddenly the steady march of mankind seemed to lurch forward with a frenzied pace as marvel after marvel swept the country and soon after the world. The automobile, the movie industry, radio, consumer goods and appliances, health and medicine... the modern world had become a beacon of light illuminating and enriching the lives of every man, woman and child. However, the brighter the light of humanity, the greater the casted shadow, allowing banished creatures to foment in the periphery. Demons, forged in the feverish veil of nightmares, are made flesh to prowl the night, sowing the seeds of chaos on which they thrived upon an unsuspecting world.
In the duality of light and dark; science and magic; mankind and the supernatural - walks the druid, an entity of both worlds. Merely a man, yet the paragon of humanity, the druid is tasked with maintaining the balance between the mortal realm and the planes surrounding it. Gifted with powers to combat the dark forces of the underworld, the druid has existed in countless forms throughout the millennia - with each iteration wielding the total knowledge of his or her predecessors, along with the compounded burdens of such sacrificial service. The current iteration, Noami Chasseur has worn the druid's mantle for some decades, allowing her to maintain an alter ego as an independently-wealthy bachelorette throughout the crusade for balance between the realms.
Known in some circles as a reserved, though eminently-polite, high-society actuarian, Noami spends as little time as socially possible at the various parties and women's clubs that her peers expect, preferring, it seems, to spend her time either in her expansive library or touring the world for weeks at a time. In much smaller circles it is known that her library is full of occult tomes and items of which she is impressively knowledgeable, and that her frequent world tours are spent either procuring more, or alternately attending and hosting lectures on their origin and meaning. Known only to a very exclusive few, Naomi is the current iteration of the druid - a magical being of unrivaled discipline and ability who uses both innate skills and ancient relics to keep the balance. Although her efforts thus far has proven successful, the turn of the 20th century and the decades since have seen a great resurgence in the forces of shadows and night that even the druid cannot fully stem...
The murder of her sibling by cursed means has her seeking out a mouthpiece, one said to speak on behalf of the dead once certain tasks have been meant. Naomi, however, is tore between duty and desire when the discovery of Chelegba's tome, said to be written within a night, detailing the arrival of the Anti-Christ begins circulating the black market.

Back
Top Bottom