Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Autumn Sire

StellaRose

Ardently Yours
Local time
Today 6:47 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
"It began with an Autumn breeze…" Ana thought to herself as she disassociated into a memory, looking past the horizon of the ocean view from her window. Her gaze then traveled from the latch less glass pane to a small photo upon her desk. She had grown tired, not realizing that her job and her duty was finally taking its toll. Sighing, she slowly reached for the tattered corner of the aged picture that she normally kept out of sight. Her stomach in knots, it was rare she let herself fall so far into the past.

Exhaling deeply, she looked throughout her room. One would not think its occupant to be anything in terms of sentimental. At least, based on their furnishings. If it wasn't for the neatly made sheets upon the bed, the room would look unassigned, unlived in. To an extent, this was true. Ana was never one to keep anything or anyone close to her heart. But as she peered at the photo, which she carefully held between her fingertips, it was quite evident that the subject of the photo had an unique hold.

"You know, you're pretty easy to read sometimes". A voice, thick in its accent, rang out from behind her. A male stood, arms crossed, leaning against the frame of the large metal opening. Quarters typically were kept open during the day, only to be closed at night. This left little room for privacy let alone a reason for adorning her dorm with any sort of personality.

Ana rolled her eyes. Placing the photo away in a drawer before standing. She adjusted her uniform, freeing the fabric from certain wrinkling. The male then fully stepped inside. His long legs kept in stride as the heel of his boot thudded against the steel floor beneath. He paused, the corners of his mouth pulled into a frown. He knew well what was on her mind, but he did not come here for a personal discussion.

"Say whatever it is you need to say Elijah, I'm in no mood"

"I know" closing his eyes, the male hid his forest green irises as he pulled a small manila envelope from his coat pocket. Extending his arm, he offered her the file.

"Operation Autumn breeze… it's been five years, hasn't it? Last I checked, you were the one who gave the final orders?"

Ana continued to stand, her gaze harsh and cut through his stoic demeanor like a heated knife. "You know I did, you gave me no other choice".

Elijah nodded, still holding the envelope in his hand. Slowly he lowered his arm, before tossing the file onto her desk. "Mhmm… well, the world really had no other choice". He sighed and turned towards the door to exit. "You know why I chose those words?"

Ana said nothing, her eyes intensely focused as she watched her commander step away.

"Enlighten me?" the raven haired female insisted.

"Because…that's when you first met" Elijah said as he clicked his tongue against his cheek. Shrugging his shoulders he gestured over to the envelope again before leaving.

Turning towards her desk, the woman tapped her long fingers against its glossy wooden top. Finally, she opened the orange-ish colored parchment. Inside, a much more tattered copy of the same photo she had hid within her desk drawer. The photo showed a couple. Nearly a century's worth of years ago. On the back, the phrase "It began with an Autumn breeze…" was transcribed. Meaning, the beginning of her immortality.

Stepping back in awed disbelief, she dropped the photo to the ground before a pair of hands caught her shoulders. A low but familiar voice whispered through the air like a breeze and crossed her ears.

"And here we meet again… my lovely, Anastasia..."

End Scene

Back
Top Bottom