Both Needed Cluster of Minds (5-8 people needed!)

Currently reading:
Both Needed Cluster of Minds (5-8 people needed!)

Looni

Count
Local time
Today 4:33 AM
Pronouns
He/him | They/them
There's a special breed of people born on the same day at the same time.

They take their breath as one collective, a single gasp in unison miles apart from each other. These 8 beings belong to all walks of life, Kenya, Korea, America, Mexico, India, Iceland, Germany. They speak different languages, practice different religions, have unique personalities, yet they exist as one.

They share a consciousness; their emotions, thoughts, experiences are all interlinked. They can tap into each other on a whim and speak with one another without ever having come face to face. They are what the movies like to call: Sense 8

This roleplay will be loosely based off of the Nextflix show of the like name. My intention is not to recreate the TV show, but to take the idea of sharing a consciousness and weave it into our own story.

Having said that, I'm looking for a multitude of characters from all sorts of backgrounds. Gay, straight, asexual, transgender, cisgender, ect...whatever floats your boat! Put them wherever you want in the world. The aforementioned list is just the example from the show.

Have them practice any religion, have any career. Give them a colorful or plain sexuality. If you want your character to be a transgender, gaybusiness man living in Russia, then by golly go for it. (That would actually make for a pretty interesting character, no?)

The idea is to have no restrictions for character development!

Story: Our story will begin when our cluster has awakened and a connection between each other has been established for the first time.

Your characters may be confused, think their crazy, be skeptical; they will be entirely new to this experience. They will have no control over their power at first and will tap in and out of each other's consciousness randomly until they learn to control it. Eventually they will be able to do it at whim and easily as if talking with a friend.

There are two ways that your characters can interact with each other. They can switch consciousness like switching bodies, or they can share a "face to face" interaction. They will be able to see each other as though they were really there and they can henceforth speak until the connection is done or disrupted.

Requirements:
  • I would like for this to be a fairly in depth roleplay. So I request a 2 paragraph minimum post unless engaged in dialogue or in freespeak.
  • Rules will follow the site's official list. Beyond that anything is fair game. Having said that, however, be considerate to your fellow rpers and communicate with one another before you go off and do something that might be extreme like rape, or murder. All of our comfort zones are different I'm sure, and if you want to use something like that in character development, then kindly let us know in the OOC.
  • There will be a posting order. It'll ensure that the story will keep a flow. We will only brake from a posting order when there is a back and forth dialogue exchange between characters. I'll leave that up to your digression.
  • A list of minor characters that your character will know and interact with. Mother, husband, friend, coworker, ect. These characters will be for me and you to use. I will be using them to interject into your character's exchanges with one another when I think is appropriate. You might use them as well to help your character move through day to day life. You don't need make a detailed CS for minor characters. Just a name, relationship, and brief description of personality so that I can rp them accordingly.
  • All characters will be 26-years-old and share the same Birthday: July 7, 1990.
My role:
  • I will have my own character that will be just as clueless and new to this as yours in order to set an example and to help internally move things along.
  • My main job, however, will be to direct your characters with one another. As your characters go about their lives, I will either leave them be, switch their consciousness, or place them in a "face to face" interaction with another player's character.
  • Eventually you guys wont need me to do that as your characters learn how to control their powers. Some might be quicker than others. In addition to this, I will also place obstacles in your character's path depending on who they are.

Character Sheets:

• Name:
  • Place of birth:
  • Current Address:
  • Language:
  • Religion:
  • Unique skills:
  • Appearance:
  • Personality:
  • Dreams:
  • Fears:
  • History:
  • Example of your writing:

This is still open, yes, buuuuuuuut it literally has no one interested in it here on this site. There are more people interested and waiting to start on DR if you're still active over there, Dream.

Back
Top Bottom