Dove’s 1x1 Request

Currently reading:
Dove’s 1x1 Request

LemonDove

Knight
Local time
Today 12:03 AM
Hello, everyone! It's been a while since I have had the free time to roleplay, but life has finally slowed down and I am eager to get back into it. I love how roleplaying fuels my imagination and helps me exercise my writing skills, so I'm back in the hopes of starting a few inspiring 1x1s that will encourage me in that direction.

(On a side note: It has been a couple of years since I have logged onto this site, so please be patient with me as I refresh my memory on how things work here.)

I am an experienced roleplayer.
I play male and female characters equally with no favoritism. I simply play whichever is feels needed at the time. I will, and often do, play multiple characters if the roleplay calls for it.
I usually create a new character that is unique to each roleplay that I do. For my character reference photos, I mostly use digital art that leans towards realism for my characters, and I prefer these over cartoonish/anime pictures.
I write at least 2-3 paragraphs, but I tend to match up with whoever I'm writing with. That being said, I do expect you to be literate and give me more than a few sentences to work with. I understand that writer's block happens, but if your writing style is not descriptive to begin with, I find it hard to stay invested.

You can expect at least one reply from me per week. When my workweek/days are slower, I have been known to pump out multiple replies in a day. It all just depends on what life decides to throw at me, so I completely understand if you are only able to get one reply a week as well.

I like being able to have friendly conversation outside of the roleplay. It's certainly not a requirement, but I enjoy being able to stay in touch and build that communication should anything come up that would require a longer pause in our roleplay (Going on vacation, writer's block, etc.).

I enjoy writing on a variety of topics. If your topic idea or plot suggestion is something I have never written about before, there is still a very good chance that I will be willing to give it a shot once I've done my research.

So, what do I want to roleplay now?
I am wide open to suggestions and in the mood for just about anything- so long as we can come up with a good storyline to follow. At the moment, I don't have any fully constructed plots to go off of, but I have some baseline ideas that I will list below. Keep in mind that we can definitely mix and match these ideas, and that I want to hear your suggestions too! Once we've chosen our topic(s), we can bounce our ideas back and forth until we're settled on an actual plot.

Ideas to Expand Upon:
  • Adventure. Exploring new lands, maybe treasure hunting?
  • Pirates.
  • Fantasy. I know this is broad, but I'm thinking fantasy creatures and settings. This is one that I usually combine with other genres.
  • Medieval.
  • Sci-fi. I'm newer to this genre, but down to explore the idea more.
  • Gifted. Superpowers, super humans, superheros.. you get the point.
  • Time Travel. Whether to the future or past, I just imagine someone is trying to get back to where they came from.
  • Zombies. The Walking Dead type zombies immediately come to mind, but I'm also familiar with those in World War Z, or creatures like those in I Am Legend.
  • Survival. Stranded on an island, lost in the wilderness, etc.
  • Romance. This is something that I love to add to my role plays. However! I will not roleplay something revolving entirely around romance. I get bored easily if it feels like I'm just writing out a dirty romance novel that's going nowhere. Don't get me wrong, we can absolutely use romance as a sub-plot, but it should happen naturally and add something to the story. Some good examples of this would be arranged marriages, forbidden romances (Think Romeo and Juliet.), or something like enemies to lovers whose relationship adds drama and conflict. If the romance flows with the story, I have no limits on how descriptive we may or may not get with the characters' relations. If you'd rather keep the detail behind closed doors, that is also fine by me. My only rules of romance align with those listed in the site rules.
A Note on Violence & Gore:
I do not mind having these in a roleplay, so long as it is fitting to the story and is for visualization purposes. I can't say for sure what my limit is, because I have never actually had an issue with someone describing something so disturbing that I've felt the need to address it and ask them to dial it back a notch. If you feel like you might cross a line with something gross or gory that you'd like to add in, it never hurts to run it by me just to make sure we are not being overly repulsive just for the sake of it.

As far as Fandom-based role plays go…
I don't mind incorporating settings or ideas from things like books, shows, or movies, but I refuse to play as characters from them. If there's a fandom we want to base our roleplay around, I expect us to come up with our own plot and create our own characters to place in that universe.
Some examples I could work with include, but are not limited to:
  • Skyrim. Something I've done before is used the map and lore of Skyrim as the foundation for a roleplay that we created our own adventure in.
  • The Last Kingdom. I'm in the process of watching the Netflix show (Not quite finished, so no spoilers, please.), and I think it would be fun to drop some characters of our own into that setting and write our own story.
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender. Never roleplayed this before, but the new live action show has reminded me how much I enjoyed the cartoon. I think this universe has a lot of potential to create an adventure in.
  • The 100. I just finished this show, and I think it would be fun to do a roleplay based off the premise of it. I think I just like the idea of space humans coming to Earth and meeting more primitive Earth humans.

I hope something here caught your eye! If not, keep in mind that I am open to suggestions and your ideas. Please message me if you're interested! :)

Back
Top Bottom