Unspecified Emergency Beacon Activated

Currently reading:
Unspecified Emergency Beacon Activated

Jomber

Forum Lurker
Local time
Today 3:34 AM
Why hello there. I'm new around the site, and thought I'd drop a request thread down. I've got a few ideas, although I am certainly up to suggestions. My settings are usually based in a Multiverse world, and if a universe accidentally explodes, no worries, we have more.

If you want a brief synopsis of the factions of my world (and somewhat detailed info on two characters) then there's this link. http://writerssanctum.com/threads/jombers-multiverse.574/ It's not required, although if I mention a faction in the plot seeds, it may be wise to quick look them up. If you see opportunity, then just say so!

I'm not picky in who you play, but I do have some limits. The Multiverse is a large and varied place. Be what you want to be. I'll probably be playing some alien character, in all likelihood.

What is off limits/What I'm okay with

I'm indifferent towards Romance, and if it happens naturally, fine, but I'm not all about making it the main focus. No sex scenes. If we're gonna land in the forbidden sanctum, the highest I'll go is the Torture Chamber.

I would like it if we stuck to the sci-fi setting/interdimensional interlopers, but I can do Fantasy, although my settings are significantly less developed.

I'm fine with swearing, violence, torture, whatever. Nobody (probably) is going to play nice in a combat situation. Poe's corner or lower, and Torture chamber at the highest.

I am totally fine, and even encourage you bring your own factions and races in. The world is a big place holding many mysteries.

I'm not a huge stickler on length, as we all have busy lives, but I'll probably routinely post at least one paragraph, and if I'm inspired, several more. I'll try not to leave you hanging for more than three days without a post, and I appreciate it if you posted at least once a week, although more than that would be great.

I'd appreciate it if you use proper spelling and grammar. Again, not a huge stickler, but I do have my limits. We're all learning here right?

As a personal limitation, I have trouble doing small-talk. I'm certainly up for the challenge, but if we're in a situation like that, I may flounder a bit.

Plot Seeds/Characters I want to play
Jinvahn Diplomat - A Jinvahn by the name of Eravul, is sent as an emissary of his people to establish good relations with another faction. It can your own faction, or one of mine, which would put you as a visitor or mercenary of any other faction/race. Meanwhile, perhaps there are others who would rather see the meeting burn in flames then resolve in a peaceful agreement? This can take place in all sorts of places, a secured embassy, or perhaps a musical play?

Ne'Tev Invasion Force - A solar system is being invaded by the dreaded Ne'Tev, the fleet being lead by Zif'Kren. The resistance's only hope is a powerful ground-to-space weapon located on the planet's surface, left long ago by a previous faction, perhaps a precursor. Of course, the Ne'Tev have the same goal of securing the same weapon to ensure their victory.

Exiles in a Lost Land - Something terrible has happened. A small group of explorers have accidentally found themselves lost in time and space, perhaps even in the lands of the Denizens themselves. Their only goal? Escape and survive in an unpredictable and hostile land.

Vessel - Look, if you want a redshirt to constantly kill over and over again, this is the character.

Lab Mystery - A small group (or duo) of mercenaries are sent to investigate a lab (or other place) that has gone dark. What terrors lay within?

A Tavern Between Worlds - Want to have a laid back conversation with zany characters? Pull up a seat, and have a drink in the Tavern linked between all kinds of worlds. This will most likely be an open thread, if chosen.

The Grand Observatory - A device capable of opening portals to whole new worlds, this can go in a variety of ways. There's a balancing scale that influences what worlds are created. Placing a figurine on one side will cause a counterbalance to be placed on the other. Those two figurines will then influence the generated world. I've had anthropomorphic rocket-wielding pancake men being chased by maple syrup bottles with forks, to knights behaving with the physics of cartoon characters battling a dragon while markers drew poorly scrawled enemies. This is basically the most insane option of all the rest, unless you have an even crazier idea. Of course, you could be sane and not place pancakes on the scale with smiley faces on them.

Space Station Life - Just another day aboard a large space station. It's purpose and events? Well, guess we'll have to find out. Could be peaceful, could be invaded by space zombies. I dunno.

Your ideas! - I'm open to suggestions. Have a plot seed of your own? Give me a holler.

Last edited:
Had a funny little RP idea. We play as cavemen who were frozen in permafrost and thawed in an odd cyberpunk future, with characters like I CEO who's addicted to cloning himself, a horrid, mutated clan of hippy cannibalistic hillbillies, and a ragtag group of gangsters who juice themselves with superdrugs, that give them superpowers. We are being chased by a super intelligent T-Rex philosophical doctor, who wants to kill us for thinking Neanderthals killed the dinosaurs. What do you think?

Uh, could be interesting, I've certainly had my chaotic roleplays before, but in it's current state seems a bit too insane for me. I do like parts of it, however, like the CEO creating an army of self-clones. The gangsters with their super serums sounds interesting too. I'm not too big on the cavemen or the T-rex however. I think the cannibals could be done, with the right execution. Maybe we can work something out? PM me if this isn't a dealbreaker.

Back
Top Bottom