Summer Rain

⊱✿⊰
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 7:55 PM
Pronouns
She/her
Hello!

It's been a long while since I posted a search thread, but I have been dying to create a lovely, romantic, partial-fantasy love story using the prompt below. Though the idea is semi-fleshed out in my brain, I am 100% a collaborative writer. This story will be ours, and I am always willing and happy to listen to your ideas for our story.

First, a few small tidbits about me…
  • 29 year old female living in Canada. GMT-5 time zone.
  • I work full time but consider myself to be a fairly frequent replier. You can expect a response daily or every few days but if I am free/very into the story, I am known to write multiple posts a day.
  • I would say I've become a literate or advanced writer over the years. You can see my post history for writing samples, but in general I write 3-6 paragraphs depending on what the current situation calls for.
  • I prefer to play the female role in a FxM romantic relationship. I will happily play male side characters however, including those entwined in their own little love stories.
  • I love world building, OOC chat (usually gushing over our characters), finding inspiration photos and songs, and the like. You may get sick of me.
  • I prefer a slow burn with passionate smut as the end result. Maybe 20:80 smut to plot ratio. I see smut as a way to strength our characters relationship, not create or be the foundation of it.
  • As for my preferred partner: ideally they can post 2-3 times a week and match my own post length of 3-6 paragraphs. That's ideal, of course. I don't care of your real-life gender or orientation, but you would be playing a male in a heterosexual relationship!
The story…

The general premise is as follows: MC and YC have been entwined for lifetimes. Though they do not explicitly remember their former lifetimes together or each other, they will experience dreams or faint glimpses into the past. When they find each other in the next lifetime their connection is almost instant. They may even have more vivid flashes of past lifetimes, including the curse mentioned later.

It's a love story as old as time itself - but never ends well. By some stroke of a curse, MC always experiences a terrible death early on in their lives.

This time, it's time to break the curse - using their own determination and powered by the sheer amount of love between them, an accumulation of love spanning centuries before them, they work together in this lifetime to end the curse and finally get their happily ever after.

Some prompts for plotting…
  • Where will this lifetime that we are writing happen? I would prefer medieval or Victorian period. No modern, please!
  • What is the origin of the curse, and how will they foil it once and for all? Was it a scorned lover that hated seeing them together, a jealous sibling, a way to keep two kingdoms seperate, or some deeper fantastic reason that ensured they never got to live their lives out together?
  • How will they handle the stress of knowing that at any time, death could befall the young woman? Will they even want to commit to love and even a family with such a brutal curse looming over their heads?
  • The level of fantasy we want to take the story to. It can be low fantasy, where just the reincarnation and curse is the main component, or we can involve more fantastical elements like angels, demons, creatures, etc. Keep in mind I don't often delve into fantasy so you may need to take more of the lead if we go higher fantasy!
  • And anything else we can think of…
Well, that's it for now. Phew! It's been awhile since I've written one of these. I would be so elated to hear from you in a PM if you're interested!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom