Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Honk!

Vehement

A Silly Goose
Local time
Today 7:55 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
A catchy theme song blast from the televison playing the local news station. Flashy CGI renditions of the news channel's acronym spin around on the screen for a few seconds before the camera perspective focuses on a news anchor.

"It's 1:11 on wednesday, July 5th. You know what that means! It's time for weather on the 1's. Let's join everyone's favorite meteorologist for a live coverage of the weather."

There's more flashy CGI as the camera perspective turns it over to the meteorologist. The weatherman is standing outside in a park with a camera in front of him. The weather is beautiful! The sun is shining. The weatherman is dressed with a proper looking polo and cargo shorts. I must have been very warm outside. The weatherman greets the audience.

"I'm out here at State National Park this afternoon! It's about 89 degrees outside. It's a beautiful day. Today our live coverage of the weather is going to be a little bit different. I've decided to interview a local for their take on the weather!"

The camera angle shifts downwards to reveal that a goose was standing at the feet of the weatherman, just out of view of the cameraman. At the feet of the goose was some bread droppings that had clearly been used to lure the goose into the shot. The goose looked largely disinterested in the weatherman and his camera as it enjoys the droppings. The weatherman kneels down and presents the end of his microphone towards the goose, and the cameraman zooms into to the goose's face in order to capture what the goose has to say.

Honk.

Went the goose, totally unaware of the context of the situation. It then promptly returned it's attention to the bread droppings. Satisfied by the goose's answer, the weatherman stands up again, greeting the camera iwith an enthusiastic expression.

"There you have it, folks! This has been weather on the 1's with chief meteorologist Goose."

The news channel's catchy theme song plays and more flashy CGI rolls over the screen as the news program turns over to a commercial break.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom