Challenge Submission I am rooted.

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission I am rooted.

Alien

Knight
Local time
Today 8:21 PM
I am a plant, rooted in the earth, basking in the warmth of the sun. My world is one of stillness and patience. I grow slowly, imperceptibly, over the course of days, weeks, and years. The seasons change around me, and I adapt to them, shedding leaves in the autumn and sprouting new growth in the spring.

My existence is simple, yet full. I take in sunlight, carbon dioxide, and water, converting them into the sugars that sustain my life. I reach my leaves towards the sky, seeking out the rays of the sun, and my roots delve deep into the soil, extracting nutrients and water to fuel my growth.

Sometimes, I am visited by creatures, who come to drink from my nectar or take shelter in my branches. Insects crawl across my leaves, leaving behind tiny trails of silk, and birds nest in the crooks of my branches, singing sweetly as they rest.

But for the most part, I am content to simply be. To exist in harmony with the world around me, breathing in the air and feeling the earth beneath my roots. I do not yearn for adventure or excitement, for my life is already rich with beauty and wonder.

As the seasons pass, I continue to grow, reaching ever upward towards the sky. I am a part of this world, one small piece of the intricate web of life that makes up our planet. And though my time here may be brief, I am grateful for the opportunity to have lived, to have grown, and to have contributed in my own small way to the wonder and beauty of this world.

Back
Top Bottom