Challenge Submission Petals of Emotion

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Petals of Emotion

quetzalcoacool

Not today.
Local time
Today 1:28 PM
I've bloomed.

Some see me as food, others see me as a home. Others see me as decoration and others admire me before giving me away. For generations our kind has always wondered what purpose do we serve on this earth. Nothing is set on stone because it always depends on the hand that is picking us. Some will stop anyone from taking me away, exclaiming that it is best to admire my beauty. Others will exclaim that it is my very beauty that deserves my life being cut short.

My family, we come in several different colors. Those colors sometimes determine our purpose in life, but if you are graced to be born in a rich crimson color then I will assure you you can never guess why you were brought to this immense world filled with emotions.

Most people when they see us think about romance and a happy ending, but there is more to us than just that. Our petals have seen many tears. Tears of joy. Tears of sadness. Tears of reminiscence. Tears of love. Tears of surprise. When you think of your crazy aunt, your weird neighbor, or a child telling you that we feel our owners' emotions, believe them. We do.

We do not possess eyes as you know them, but our connection to this earth and everything that lives on it is beyond what any human eye can see.

Whether you keep us in a vase with water to admire every time you pass by or for guests to see, we thank you.

Whether you keep us dried and pressed inside a book, we thank you.

Whether we're being sent away with a loved one, only to be returned to the ground, lowered and buried, we thank you.

Thank you for thinking of us and sharing your emotions with us.

Sincerely,
The Rose

Back
Top Bottom