Redfren

Coffee & Books
Staff member
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
Pronouns
He/Him

I was born into this world under a blanket of darkness, my root sought out life as I began to grow, finding nourishment in the delicate flowers around me. I was a hunter of the rose garden that I found myself within. As a weed, I was the one draining life from those around me. Beautiful flowers, thorns, and roots twice my size. Not even those were safe from me.

Thick dark materials lay heavy over my head. My ability to see the sky around me was forever taken by plastic blocking my ability to grow upright. Deformed and broken, I stretched out seeking some kind of solace, some form of freedom. Then I found it and this, this I had never seen. Another just as I was. Growing strong and wild. He had broken through the coverings and stretched far into the sweet blissful sun around him.

The majestic weed had managed to do what I could not and was the most heavenly thing I had ever seen. Finally, I found another and would no longer be alone. As I journeyed toward the heavenly weed creeping ever closer, I found myself excited to partake in the same sun as he who I admired so much. Unlike the foul roses that surrounded us as our roots touched, we made no attempts to take life from one another.

We engaged ourselves in blissful warmth, he guided me toward freedom. When disaster struck. Something of incredible strength yanked on my partner, pulling at him. A metal shard dug into the ground cutting our roots and yanking on him again until despite his magnificence he was taken from me. Death in the worst way.

I was worn, my roots sore from the assault on my friend. Wounded by how hard I clung to him. Dare I continue my journey to the promise of light? In my time I had grown long and deep. Feeding on the free flowers whom I loathed for their arrogance. Still, the promise of the sun was too great to ignore. Despite the dangers even a moment in the light was a calling I could not ignore.

As I reached near the surface long after my friend had been cruelly taken from me what I felt was not the warmth of the sun, but instead the freezing cold. The ground was hard and difficult to break. Too difficult to break. I pulled on the life around me as I waited for the sun to return and the cold to depart. I was alone again, forever alone, what fate was in store for me when the sun finally showed itself and took away the freezing cold that locked me cruelly under this plastic matt? Would I too be another casualty of the strange creature that held no mercy or would I finally stretch out and be free? Only time would tell, and I would wait patiently to find that answer myself.

Back
Top Bottom