Currently reading:
Challenge Submission The Twelve Rings of Feasts

Kitty2000

Smexy Squishie #2
Local time
Today 10:16 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
There once was a land I travelled to long ago. It was a place where people had long necks and big eyes. Because they had a few feet of their necks, their eyes had to be big… naturally. The land was somewhere in the mountains, some people called the place Collum while I called it 'The Land of Ever Hunger'

Because these people had such long necks it took a while before the food reached their stomach so most of their life revolved around eating.

My favourite thing I learned about them was The Twelve Rings of Feasts.

It all starts on December 25th​ and for 12 days they must eat more than they possibly ever could. Everyone gathers around the 12 Rings. Everyone must eat all that is given to them in their twelve rings. There are puddings, and pies, there is vegetable dishes, and meats, candies and fruits. Everything always is decked out to the nine on silver platters, never gold, affecting the taste of their food.

You all just sit around gathered, eating the food and talking is frowned upon. Who wants to talk and have food flying everywhere? Did I mention they had 24 hours to eat their rings and by the time most are done, they are starting day 2.

Once they finish eating on the day, they sing the song of food. The twelve Rings and what they hosted. Each day the rings get bigger, those who can't finish it in time are brought away and quit, unable to come back till next year.

But the person that is gone, their rings are given to the poor, those who do not join in on the feasting.

Everyone has a wonderful time, lots of people get food and it's all cooked by the chefs and assistants in the Castle of Collum. Which is run by the Queen.

The entire place smells heavenly for months, and all of it tastes so wonderful. A simple mortal as myself couldn't possibly eat even more than a few bites from the first ring before being full. But those who live there… why they just enjoy it all so much.

But when the Feast Days are over boy is the town silent, everyone hibernates, and they don't come back out until the Summer of the following year.

So that is why I travelled there once, I watched as they ate and before long… I found myself eager to try something similar, but I am too small and not much can go in.

Back
Top Bottom