Either Needed Welcome to the house of horror! Players needed in horror themed roleplay!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Welcome to the house of horror! Players needed in horror themed roleplay!

That explanation helps. Why don't you make a character sheet a bit like the ones that are already posted in this thread?

@Arkaeis , @upscalerat

Who's driving?
d805834ed5d35674ccd63df553dd1c7d.jpg

I embellished some things and made references where I thought necessary, so just let me know if I overstepped, got something wrong, or need to change anything, if accepted.

TgfcDnD.jpg
fHZp6gJ.jpg
MbFKwlu.jpg
Name: Larson "Lars" Daugherty
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Debatably Straight

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185lbs
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: Amber Brown

Appearance: Lars dresses in typical bad boy attire: wifebeater or a basic white/black tee, leather jacket, straightleg jeans, boots, even bad boy gloves when the time calls. He's obsessive over his hair, the undercut always kept, and perhaps uses too much gel insuring it's perfectly slicked into place. He's yet to be cool enough to get a tattoo, but there always seems to be some sort of bruise or scratch on him.

Personality: On first impression, Lars is insufferably cocky, vain about his looks, and a general troublemaking ass that respects no authority, simply doing what he wants. And though all that is true, deeper layers do exist, if only seen by his closest friends. He likes putting on a tough guy front, for reasons, but has plenty of soft spots if you know where to look. He's protective of his friends to a fault and doesn't seem troubled by taking stupid risks. He's extremely insecure and defensive over his sexuality; swears up and down he's 100% straight despite occasional evidence to the contrary.

Background: It's no secret to anyone in town that Lars' father left to get milk when he was 6, never to be seen again, leaving his mother to raise both him and his older brother alone. Being a sensitive kid while growing up in a low-end trailer park and being relentlessly bullied by his older brother and other kids saw him develop into what he is today: a posturing mess that has a constant chip on his shoulder. He's got something of a reputation having caused trouble in his teen years.

It wasn't until his junior year in high school that he ran into some trouble with a smalltime gang from their school. Who would have thought it'd be the weirdos from the ghost adventure club that came to his aid, and of someone with his reputation at that, saving his ass from not only getting maimed, but expelled. It changed his world. He didn't forget that debt, and after a solid invitation, joined the club proper, despite being made fun of by his so called "friends". As he broke away from his old posse and hung around the trio more, he not only learned a lot about the operation and became interested in ghost hunting, but he began to see things in general a little differently, and to actually see them as friends – his first real friends.

Over the next two years he'd grown protective over the club, defending it and its oddball members when they were made fun of in school - perhaps a tad aggressively so, for which he was sure to catch an earful from the much more mature and grounded team. Old habits died hard. They were a good influence on him, despite himself.

Recent History: After graduating, the ghost hunting squad still kept in touch. He'd always liked the idea of growing the team's YouTube channel and becoming rich and famous with crazy ghost adventure content, and found himself missing the old high school days. Though his grades had been abysmal in school, and a miracle he even graduated at all, he's always had dreams of having loads of money; the key to solving all his problems. He'd get his mom out of that damn trailer if it was the last thing he did. Unfortunately, all his plans have ended in failure and setbacks, college isn't an option, and working odd jobs can only get you so far. When the squad called him up for another adventure out of the blue, he'd never packed his bags so fast.

Group Placement: The dumb muscle, mostly. He tends to carry the bulk of the equipment, set stuff up that's simple enough, scout areas that are good for shooting, and the like. Tends to come up with crazy ideas that probably won't work. Good to hide behind until actual spooks show up. Usually the first one to scream, even over the dumbest things.

Fears: His father returning to beat the shit out of him. It being known by anyone ever that he's a colossal momma's boy. Being challenged on his sexuality. Feeling trapped or having no escape; extremely claustrophobic. Zombies are also a special breed of monster for him, having been scarred by zombie movies far too young. Rabid dogs. Spiders. There's... a lot of things he's not-so-secretly afraid of.

I embellished some things and made references where I thought necessary, so just let me know if I overstepped, got something wrong, or need to change anything, if accepted.

TgfcDnD.jpg
fHZp6gJ.jpg
MbFKwlu.jpg

Appearance: Lars dresses in typical bad boy attire: wifebeater or a basic white/black tee, leather jacket, straightleg jeans, boots, even bad boy gloves when the time calls. He's obsessive over his hair, the undercut always kept, and perhaps uses too much gel insuring it's perfectly slicked into place. He's yet to be cool enough to get a tattoo, but there always seems to be some sort of bruise or scratch on him.

Personality: On first impression, Lars is insufferably cocky, vain about his looks, and a general troublemaking ass that respects no authority, simply doing what he wants. And though all that is true, deeper layers do exist, if only seen by his closest friends. He likes putting on a tough guy front, for reasons, but has plenty of soft spots if you know where to look. He's protective of his friends to a fault and doesn't seem troubled by taking stupid risks. He's extremely insecure and defensive over his sexuality; swears up and down he's 100% straight despite occasional evidence to the contrary.

Background: It's no secret to anyone in town that Lars' father left to get milk when he was 6, never to be seen again, leaving his mother to raise both him and his older brother alone. Being a sensitive kid while growing up in a low-end trailer park and being relentlessly bullied by his older brother and other kids saw him develop into what he is today: a posturing mess that has a constant chip on his shoulder. He's got something of a reputation having caused trouble in his teen years.

It wasn't until his junior year in high school that he ran into some trouble with a smalltime gang from their school. Who would have thought it'd be the weirdos from the ghost adventure club that came to his aid, and of someone with his reputation at that, saving his ass from not only getting maimed, but expelled. It changed his world. He didn't forget that debt, and after a solid invitation, joined the club proper, despite being made fun of by his so called "friends". As he broke away from his old posse and hung around the trio more, he not only learned a lot about the operation and became interested in ghost hunting, but he began to see things in general a little differently, and to actually see them as friends – his first real friends.

Over the next two years he'd grown protective over the club, defending it and its oddball members when they were made fun of in school - perhaps a tad aggressively so, for which he was sure to catch an earful from the much more mature and grounded team. Old habits died hard. They were a good influence on him, despite himself.

Recent History: After graduating, the ghost hunting squad still kept in touch. He'd always liked the idea of growing the team's YouTube channel and becoming rich and famous with crazy ghost adventure content, and found himself missing the old high school days. Though his grades had been abysmal in school, and a miracle he even graduated at all, he's always had dreams of having loads of money; the key to solving all his problems. He'd get his mom out of that damn trailer if it was the last thing he did. Unfortunately, all his plans have ended in failure and setbacks, college isn't an option, and working odd jobs can only get you so far. When the squad called him up for another adventure out of the blue, he'd never packed his bags so fast.

Group Placement: The dumb muscle, mostly. He tends to carry the bulk of the equipment, set stuff up that's simple enough, scout areas that are good for shooting, and the like. Tends to come up with crazy ideas that probably won't work. Good to hide behind until actual spooks show up. Usually the first one to scream, even over the dumbest things.

Fears: His father returning to beat the shit out of him. It being known by anyone ever that he's a colossal momma's boy. Being challenged on his sexuality. Feeling trapped or having no escape; extremely claustrophobic. Zombies are also a special breed of monster for him, having been scarred by zombie movies far too young. Rabid dogs. Spiders. There's... a lot of things he's not-so-secretly afraid of.
Love this character.
Everyone seems fine with you coming on board.
Looking forward to your first In Character post.
😺

Love this character.
Everyone seems fine with you coming on board.
Looking forward to your first In Character post.
😺
Yay, thanks! <3
I'll start working on a post when I get home from work, and I can likely drop the intro either very late tonight or tomorrow.
Unless you'd rather me wait for the others to post first; I definitely don't mind doing that if someone else is working on/close to finishing a post.

Yay, thanks! <3
I'll start working on a post when I get home from work, and I can likely drop the intro either very late tonight or tomorrow.
Unless you'd rather me wait for the others to post first; I definitely don't mind doing that if someone else is working on/close to finishing a post.
Maybe I put my opinions in too much?
King Domino is the organizer here.
I just write a lot. 😸
If you want to interact with another character, a heads-up before hand is considerate and actually necessary.
If you're just writing about what your character is doing and thinking without the other characters in the scene, it's likely okay to write at this time.

TgfcDnD.jpg
fHZp6gJ.jpg
MbFKwlu.jpg

This will be good. I already see multiple ways to break him mentally.

Maybe I put my opinions in too much?
King Domino is the organizer here.
I just write a lot. 😸
If you want to interact with another character, a heads-up before hand is considerate and actually necessary.
If you're just writing about what your character is doing and thinking without the other characters in the scene, it's likely okay to write at this time.

All good! Fellow rpers' opinions are important to me!
I think I understand. I'm actually pretty new to this site and don't know how rps typically operate here yet, so any advice is helpful.
As for how I typically rp, I don't really have a need for anyone to ask me permission if they're just interacting with my character and tend to just roll with the punches, excluding super controlling or god-modey stuff, ofc.
But I definitely don't mind asking permission to interact and giving others a heads up on what a post might entail before posing.

This will be good. I already see multiple ways to break him mentally.

Haha, good! Hope everyone has fun with him!
He is here to entertain. c:

Back
Top Bottom