Challenge Submission Your's Twice Over, Sunbeam!

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Your's Twice Over, Sunbeam!

MioBrave

Changeling, Hydrator and Aura Reader!
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:12 PM
Pronouns
They/He/She
They were a very unlikely pair. One of sunlight and giggles, the other of cool shadows and sighing.
Suesanna 'Sunny' Chalice is tall, lanky and very pale. She has long, dark, straight hair but often kept it braided in one long go stopping at her waist. She always wore bright colors. Flowing dresses with skirts that twirled. Sandal esque shoes of some sort, often woven wedge heels. Yellow is her favorite color, so she wears it most often. Even right now. Long sheer blouse sleeves attached to a corset top the shade of sunflowers. Her brown pleated shirt reaches her ankles, and she wears those wedge heels. She's gone with a beige side bag to carry her things in today. And, she's wearing her favorite hat, or maybe it's the only one she ever wants to own. A beautifully woven yellow sun hat, with two small clips near the front of the brim. Some decor from a craft store of two little green frogs with yellow throats. Just decor, though if you look a little too long they do seem to move. She wears gold bangles and bracelets of citron crystals, and on her left wrist is two small pin prick scars on the inside. She has a beautiful, gold tree of life pendant with all the chakra stones as the leaves; it rests on a yellow choker at her neck. Large sun dangles hang from her pointed ears. Her shades are round with gold wire frame and brown tint. They cover her rich, dark brown eyes which almost appear red at certain glances.
Marybeth Grail is shorter, at least by a foot. She has bronze skin and shoulder length blonde hair left down and messy, sometimes in low space buns when needed out of her way. Her pallet was always darker, midnight blues, iris purple, and of coarse blacks or gray. Purple is her favorite. She wears dark blue jeans at the moment, dirtied with stray paint from various projects. Her black, fake leather, backpack purse hangs just above her butt, stuffed full as usual. She's wearing black mary jane heels right now, but she almost never parts with her flat heeled, black, buckled boots. It's also odd to see her in a crop top, this one a tank top and magenta. But, her usual sheen, purple dress shirt drapes open around it, acting like a jacket since it's too hot out for her to wear an actual one. Nothing could stop her from wearing her dark gray, wool, witches hat though. A similar set of frogs attached to the brim, but being purple and black instead. Her wrists are full of crystal bracelets. On her neck is a black choker, followed by several long nacklace chains, each with multiple charms. Each charm is a different small crystal, hand wrapped in various wires. She wears many dark studs up her tall pointed ears, the only tiny hoop being her nose piercing. Freckles coat the top of her nose, seemingly lit up by the un-natural pink-ish purple of her eyes.
They're both quite the site to see on a hot summer day, walking down the brick paved streets of their small town. Many heads turn their direction as they pass.
"S-Sunny, are you sure we couldn't have just stayed home for our date today? Cuddled and watched a movie we like, or something?" Marybeth pulls the brim of her hat down over her face with her free hand.
Sunny marches on, leading her girlfriend by the hand to their favorite coffee shop, Book Nook. "It's far too pretty out, Sunbeam! We just gotta enjoy this day!"
"What if you burn?"
"Pft, I'll be fine! I'm wearing the sunblock you made me. I got every spot; I promise."
"Still..."
The two enter the shop. It's an older building with a very small patio covered in maybe three tables and then all plants. Inside there are plenty of birchwood tables and seats. Almost wall to wall is tall bookshelfs filled with, well, books but also lots of board games and cards. The two take their place in line, Sunny still holding Mary's hand and squeezing it to comfort the girl. It's busy today, definitely because of the weather.
"We'll sit on the patio; there's no one out there. Ok?"
"What if someone sits there before us?"
"Then we'll go to the park and sit by our willow tree." Mary seems to ease a little at the suggestion, her facial expression changing subtly. Sunny gives a warm laugh. "Or would you rather just go there to start with?" Mary nods.
"Sunny, how are you today?" The young man at the counter catches the sunray's attention.
"Wonderful Kurtsey! How are you?"
"Doing well. Mary." He addresses Sunny's shadow with a smile and nod.
Mary returns the nod. "Kurt."
"A mango smoothie on a day like this obviously." Kurt guesses.
"You know me so well."
"You're here too often." He looks to Mary again. "I know you love your hot chocolate, but it's a bit too hot out for it today. What if I make it into a chiller? With extra whip cream? I think we still have the halloween sprinkles from last october in the drawer up here too." Marybeth's eyes are almost sparkling, which is enough of answer. Kurt laughs, while tapping the buttons on his screen. "Anything to eat today?"
"Got any fruiit tarts today?"
"Cherry and peach."
"Ooh~! Two of each!"
"Right on it." He swivels the screen so Sunny can interact and pay out.
"Thank you!"
It doesn't take very long for them to receive their things. They walk through town again, crossing an old wood bridge to enter the park. Well kept lawns and plenty of rose bushes in white and pink. There are several willow trees, but they treck the distance to theirs. The lawn is rougher here, morning glories and dandelions sprouting and left unchecked. A cool spot of shade, right next to the lake just down the hill. Sunny does a twirl in the space before plopping into the grass between the roots. Marybeth hesitates.
"Sit down with me!" That shining fanged smile. How could she say no to it?
Marybeth sighs fondly, gently sitting next to her love. "Pass me a tart, pleae." She sips from her drink, which is already half gone from the walk here. Her bat and moon shaped sprinkles swimming in the whipped topping as it melts.
Sunny leans into her shoulder, holding a cherry tart out to her lips. It's not even a question of trust, though Mary would never let anyone else feed her like a child. Both girls pause, placing their drink in their laps long enough to unclip their frogs from their hats. They release them into to grass to go play for a while.
"I really need to clean and redo their habitat at home." Marybeth sighs again.
"It's my turn to, isn't it? Take a break from that stress. Leave it to me. Pick what you'll do tomorrow. Which project is next?"
The girl stops to think, sipping from her drink again. "I'll need to check the fertilizer potion, but that should be easy. It still has three days left to steep. I suppose I could finish a painting. I'm still trying to perfect the one of your face."
"I can't wait to see it." She repositions to lay her head in Mary's lap, tossing her hair out behind her.
Mary runs the wisps of black hair which have escaped through her fingers. "I really can't wait either. But, if it's the first time you'll be seeing your face for so long, then it's just got to be perfect."
"However you paint me will be perfect, Sunbeam. I feel beautiful every time you look at me, so I know if it's coming from your mind's eye I'll be beautiful."
Mary flusters, squeaking and stuttering. The heat now in her face is dizzying when added to the warmth already outside. "Sh- shut your cute- per-perfect.. Stupid face."
Sunny reaches her arms up and pulls Mary's face down to her own. Mary melts in the cold hands. "I've told you; you have to make me."
Mary raspberries, showing off the dark metal stud in the center of her tongue. The two laugh together for a moment, like music in the silence. Mary pecks her girlfriend on the lips before pulling away and getting back to her drink.
"What am I to do with you?"
"Whatever you so please. I'm but a vampiric thrawl for my witch."
"I could find you a new blood source."
Sunny gasps, faking hurt. "We're bound by magic law; there ain't no getting rid of me. 'Sides, your blood's too sweet to give up. And! And, it counts as fae food!" She sits up and twists to face her other half. "I'm yours twice over, Sunbeam!"
Mary hums fondly. "You know I'd have it no other way." She kisses her again, less short and more loving this time.
Sunny lay's back in her lap, content. She raises a hand up, attempting to catch the stray light fighting through the leaves. "Can you let your wings out? Please, I want to see the sun make them shine."
Mary fondly sigs again. A beautiful set of translucent butterfly wings glitter and matterialize behind her. They're a pink-ish purple, matching the girl's eyes. And, just like a sun catcher, the stray light shines through them, tinting them rose gold and letting every vein show through. They flutter gently and contently.
"So pretty.. All of you is so pretty."
"You're one to talk. Eat your tarts."
"Can I braid your hair after?"
"Asking like you don't already have permission?"
"Consent is like a vampire's whole thing."
She hums again. "You may braid my hair whenever you want, my love."
Sunny beams her white sparkling grin. "I'm going to put in 'glories and dandis."
"I figured as much."
And then, at least for a while, it was contently quiet between the two. Sunny basked in the cool shade and gentleness of her shadow. Mary enjoyed the bright warmth and energy of her sun ray. They're a very strange sight to see. Two witches, a vampire and a fairy. But, they were so deeply in love from the start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom