Both Needed *✧・゚:* ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ *:・゚✧*

Currently reading:
Both Needed *✧・゚:* ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ *:・゚✧*

EverythingIsFine.

Sleeptyping
Local time
Today 2:55 AM
Link to the roleplay thread here.

Authentic witchcraft has been dead and buried for centuries. Now adays, it's all just internet aesthetic and crystals, isn't it? Or, maybe, lurking right under our noses, the occult grows and adapts to the modern world.

They say this city is magic. This...probably isn't what they meant.

---‐--------------
Who would be on board for a modern witch coven story? It will take place in a large, romantic city that never sleeps. There will be conflict among the coven members who want to modernize and those who value tradition. Witch hunters lurk in every dark corner, seeking their downfall. Unlikely allies want only justice and morality. And not all witches are the good kind...

Last edited:
*raises hand*

Pick me! :3 Literally just having a discussion with a friend about our witchcraft practices, haha.

Ok so here's some world building I got:

The coven is old blood that runs all the way back to the 1600s. Very few of these old coven exists, and even fewer still have original members. This one is both.

My character ideas:

#1: The familiar
The oldest, consistent member of the coven isn't a witch, but a familiar. He was once human, but was turned into a familiar by the coven's original leader, a famously powerful sorceress who also happened to be his lover. As a familiar, he could be ageless like her. Bound to her, as long as she lived, so would he. But there was a hitch in their "happily ever after".

She was eventually caught and burned by witch hunters. He would have died with her, had she not used her last breaths to bind him to the coven itself instead of just her. So as long as the coven exists, so will he. But, with a perpetually broken heart.

#2: The Hunter
What would a Christian be like if they actually followed every rule and testament of the Bible? Well, probably not very nice. This man takes Exodus 22:18 very seriously. If he even so much as whiffs a witch, it's on sight. But what could drive a person to be so dedicated to one single cause? Could there be some projection here?

#3: The Seminarian
He's a meek man with a dark past. All he wants is to do good in world, and to him, that means becoming a priest. His religion has held him strong through the worst of times and he wants to pay back those who helped him. But what does that mean when it comes to letting witch hunters stay at his church? His home?

He doesn't agree with their ethics. And therefore, he doesn't agree with God. What does that mean for his faith? Over this, he will struggle.

#4: The Returning Brother
He is one of the last remaining original coven members. He is very powerful and very wise. A few decades ago, he left on a soul searching quest and hasn't been heard from since. Now, he's returned and graciously greets his new and old brothers and sisters. But something's changed about him...his aura has darkened, and his outward kindness might just be a facade...

Those are just some ideas I'm tossing around. I don't know if I'll use them all or not. But maybe they'll help round up some inspiration, you know?

Very cool! Though I do think the font is a bit too bright for those that use the lighter forum themes. I had to switch mine to read it. Lol.

Lol. It's all good. Do you have a set template for the character sheets or do we just use whatever?

Hello, is this still an active/accepting characters for review RP?

I would definitely love to work up a character sheet to submit :)

Back
Top Bottom