Currently reading:
A Dragon's Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seravian

Androgynous Dragon
Local time
Today 8:04 PM
Greetings, Sir/Madam/whatever you identify as.

I am known as Seravian, one of many dragons lurking in the depths of the Sanctum. I've been writing for... a long time. Long enough to have a fair bit of experience under my belt.

Currently, I am (unofficially) retired from roleplay/collaborative writing. As much as I love writing, I work a fulltime job (10 hour shifts) loading trailers at a warehouse. Sometimes, usually around the holidays, I get slapped with overtime. The only time I can sit down and write is on my days off. However, it is my love of writing, and the sense of unknown that is present when collaborating with another person, that keeps me from hanging up my hat and moving on from roleplaying completely. For better or for worse. I still get the itch to search for partners every now and then.

This RT is... something, I guess? I'm bad at first impressions, and selling myself in general. I feel like it doesn't do me much justice because of that, but nonetheless provides an idea of what you'd be jumping into when writing with me.

Who I Am As a Writer
Where to begin? Now that's a question... To keep it simple, I'm a writer with a fondness for adventure, magic, and a touch of horror here and there, who prefers MxM and MxF pairings. Dark fantasy settings are where I feel at home. I am a huge fan of stories involving dragons and werewolves, and otherworldly monstrosities, especially. Sometimes I will dabble in sci-fi (mechs are my guilty pleasure) or more modern settings, but only if I really like the idea or if there are fantasy/supernatural or horror elements present.

I typically write male characters, but sometimes I'll write a female character if convinced, or should the mood strike.

I hold a firm belief in quality over quantity. Sometimes my reply will be short and sweet, sometimes it will be over 5 paragraphs long. It depends on my muse and what is going on in the thread at that moment. To put a number to it, expect anywhere from 300 to 700 words from me on average. However, I can achieve over 1,000 words if the energy is there. Again, it all depends on what I need to accomplish in that instance.

Most of the time, I'm an off the cuff kind of person when it comes to planning. Rolling with the punches is half the fun, and I always strive to deliver and not leave my partner disappointed. When presented with an idea or obstacle, I can and will seize it, run with it, and breathe life into it. However, there will be times when I'll consult my partner about something plot or scene related, or simply to clear a jam caused by writer's block. I encourage my partner to do the same. We are collaborating after all.

Both plot and character depth/development are equally important to me when crafting a story. The latter especially. I like learning what makes characters tick, to understand them. The good, the bad, and everything in between. I want them to feel like people you would meet in real life. A good plot will always be ruined by one-dimensional characters, or characters who are just sort of there because the plot deems it necessary for them to exist. On the flip side, good characters need a good plot, and have something to work toward/motivation, to give them direction otherwise things will fall flat fast.

I'm open to romance, but I only pursue stories centered around it if I really like the idea. And even then, I prefer slow burns that have a lot of buildup toward the end goal. I also want to make it clear that I am not a pure smut writer, nor am I interested in entertaining kinks and fetishes. Not my cup of tea. However, this does not mean I will shy away from any intimacy that may happen between characters. No fading to black here. Just be warned: any sex scenes I write are as bad as the sex scenes in Tommy Wiseau's The Room.

I often explore darker topics and themes in my writing. This includes, but is not limited to: depictions of self harm, addiction, drug/alcohol abuse, stalking, body dysmorphic disorder, mental illness and mental health related topics, and domestic violence. If the story takes a romantic turn, I like to include some dark romance themes as well, such as dominance and force, and possession. I won't be turned away by blood and gore or torture either; I'm not squeamish at all.

However, I do have my limits. I will not, under any circumstances, write:

• Any form of sexual torture. I have my reasons for staying far away from this, please respect that.
  • Graphic depictions of domestic abuse/violence (This is included in both my 'yes' and 'no' list because, out of everything, this is probably my biggest trigger. I will include it in a story, but I will never roleplay it outright.)
  • Hardcore BDSM. I'm really not well versed in sub/dom dynamics at all. And again, not interested in kinks or fetish content.
  • Slave/Master or Pet/Owner type situations.
  • Animal abuse/torture. An example for elaboration: Character kicks dog and yells at it? Okay... I can deal with that. Character beats dog with a baseball bat and drags it back by the tail as it tries to scramble away, howling in pain? No thank you.
  • Anything dealing with piss, shit, menstrual blood, and vomit. Seriously. If it goes in the toilet, keep it away from me. Yes. This includes cum as well.
  • Incest
  • Love triangles (I simply have no interest)
  • Mpreg (why is this even a thing?)
  • graphic depictions of rape/non-con

The Ideal Partner
In partners, I value efficiency and the ability to take initiative. I don't want to go back and forth aimlessly, I want to lose myself in a good story that challenges me and keeps me on my toes. Passive partners are extremely frustrating to work with. Be fearless. Adventurous. Do whatever is necessary to make me stop and think about how to go about about my reply. I cannot stress this enough. I like to be kept on my toes.

The story is just as much yours as it is mine. Throw your hesitation away and take control when you see fit, including adding or controlling NPCs or moving the story forward. Let it live and breathe.

I won't demand 500+ word replies as far as length goes; I'm more intrigued by concise detail and descriptions than 5+ paragraphs describing what the living room looks like and why it looks like that. That said, a few lines aren't going to cut it for me. I expect to see effort put in. Meaning, give me enough to respond to and don't make me want to pull my hair out over poor grammar. Mistakes are excused. Heaven knows my writing is far from perfect (Not gonna lie, I can't spell very well. Word and Google are a life saver) and I make typos or spit out poorly worded sentences once in a while. But if I find myself silently correcting your grammar constantly, or scratching my head wondering what the hell you meant, I will lose interest pretty fast.

Be willing to communicate. I admit, I'm a pretty quiet person irl. I respect the privacy of others, and won't make it an obligation to talk to me every day. However, I don't want to be left in the dark. Nobody likes complete complete silence, especially when it comes to collaborating. Communication makes the collaboration process go a lot smoother.

Tell me your limits. I never want my partner to feel uncomfortable, for any reason.

Share your thoughts. It's an amazing feeling when your partner is as excited about the story as you are. Let's bounce around ideas, and gush over the story in general.

One more personal preference: Please do not stylize your posts or color and/or resize your text (dialogue). I use the Blackboard theme and some colors are more difficult to read, some next to impossible, even when highlighted. I also don't want to have to put my nose to my screen to read text. Images are okay, however.

What I'm Not Interested In
  • Anime roleplays
  • Fandoms
  • College/University plots
  • Slice of Life (Here and there is fine, when applicable, but I don't plot around it specifically)
  • Zombies
  • Omegaverse
  • The Enemies to Lovers trope

And that about covers everything. My DMs are open should you feel inclined to reach out though, be warned, as I am limited on my free time, I tend to keep my thread count low. As a result I am very picky about who I take on as my partner. Still, don't let that deter you. In fact, I strongly encourage you to hit me up if anything resonates with you. I love hearing other people's ideas.

Let us write something fabulous together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom