Either Needed A few ideas

BaldurAnthology

The One and Only
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 11:24 AM
Pronouns
Mister/Sir He/him
Greetings one and all, I am, quite clearly... BaldurAnthology. The one and only etc. ANYWAY, so I've got a few ideas on my other RT things that could easily be adapted into a group setting, and I thought I would take the time to try and detail stuff. I'm not particularly used to doing group RPS.. as I tend to be approached more for one on one stories. However, it wouldn't be the first time I'd ever done one. Years ago when I first started doing RPs, I was part of several group stories, one set on the sword coast in a fantasy/d and d style (Without all the dice rolling just using that kind of item and setting) I also was in a Fallout post apocalyptic group RP, a Supernatural (The show) RP... and I found they were a lot of fun. Unfortunately the few I Tried to run myself all those years ago ended in disaster with people making overpowered characters, myself being an idiot... etc. The mistakes of the past are best moved on from, however and I think I'm ready to try that kind of thing again. ALL IDEAS ARE A BASELINE! I am not against adapting things to fit a less "Fandom" based RP I'm just using them as examples. If we do a group RP set in a fandom NO CHARACTERS FROM THAT SERIES ARE TO BE PRESENT. It will contain entirely original characters just in that kind of setting.

AS A RULE, I EXPECT ALL PARTICIPANTS IN ANY GROUP RP TO BE ABLE TO WRITE BETWEEN ONE TO THREE PARAGRAPHS EACH POST. I DO NOT WORK WITH ONE LINERS, AS THEY OFFER NO SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO THE STORY AS A WHOLE AND IT'S A WASTE OF SPACE. Go use discord if you want to be a one liner.

**IDEAS**

Right, let's get down to the brass tacks shall we? IN terms of group RPs, I'm not against sex in them... but I feel that it might end up with one or more people being left out, so possibly only with even numbers? Pair off characters or something I dunno. ALSO another major rule i have is NO PLAYING ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS! There's ALWAYS arguments, such as "you're not playing Harry right, Hermione would never say thatttt" etc. It gets annoying. Anything set in the respective universes is always set in a time when all the original cast is dead/gone/not in the picture in some way shape or form. Also I tend to prefer no PVP, but my standard rule (Which seemed to be a thing in all group RPs I was ever part of ) is "You may not and are incapable of killing ANYONE ELSE'S character unless they have, themselves, given permission for this to happen." No damage happens to a character without their permission. You can't be an immortal god of dodging, be reasonable/realistic but still.

SUPERNATURAL

Based on the show, Supernatural has a fairly good potential to be adapted into some form of group RP. With any and all monsters on the table, modern societies, drugs, gambling and all sorts of other stuff, it's an easy setting to make into some form of mass RP. My only major rule for that sort of thing is nobody that can't be defeated. You can't play Chuck (God) for example or Amara.. beings that can only be killed in one specific circumstances. For those who aren't particularly up to date on the Supernatural series (it ended after 15 seasons) Basically it's the modern day, monsters exist, there are people who hunt monsters. Some specify in certain types of things, like vampires (only way to kill em is chop their head off) some specialize in Werewolves (Silver bullet to the heart) There are certain factions/agencies that deal with things (The Men of Letters, who employ hunters to kill monsters for them) that sort of thing. In that sort of RP, you could easily play a hunter, solo or as a pair. you could play a Men of Letters, you could be a Demon or a monster of some sort. It's all up to you. HOWEVER Like I said earlier, no playing something that can't be killed unless in specific circumstances (Yes they killed God.. specifically they turned a Nephilim into a power vaccuum he absorbed all of God's powers and his sister Amara, and became the new God.... ridiculous) Werewolves are fairly easily killed, silver to the heart. Changelings.. silver. Demons, holy water, exorcisms, devil's traps can stop them from moving.. lots of weaknesses there. IDK. I'm sure there's some sort of group RP potential.

SCIENCE FICTION

Sci fi obviously has a ton of group RP potential. From the Stargate series allowing for all kinds of fights against the Wraith or the Goa'uld etc, to something on a Star Trek vessel (maybe not the Enterprise or Voyager etc.. I like not necessarily established ships but they always follow specific schematics anyways) there's all kinds of stuff that could be made into a Group RP. Travel to the distant depths of the Gamma Quadrant in a Star Fleet vessel, Become a companion to a Time Lord from Doctor Who, exploring time and space and getting into all kinds of hijinks. There was that show Firefly ... I never actually got around to watching it but it's an example. Battlestar Galactica.. again never watched it but I'm sure there's something you could do with it XD I'm sure there are plenty of things from sci-fi that you could adapt into some form of group RP.

FANTASY

Plenty of fantasy can be adapted for group RPs. Dungeons and Dragons, lord of the rings, Harry Potter, hell PERCY JACKSON... I'd love to do something where there's plenty of like.. gods and monsters, going up against a minotaur in downtown Toronto or like...IDK. Mythology has always been something I've loved and there's so many weird creatures out there. Like Sleipnir the god of horses from Norse Mythology. Loki became a female horse, got pregnant and gave birth to an 8 legged horse. Gods are WEIRD. Zeus plowed practically everything that moved. There's plenty of fantasy stuff to adapt. Wizards and witches, elves and dwarves. A land of bosoms with bosom armies... (Zero Punctuation reference)
Regardless I'm sure there's some kind of fantasy or dark fantasy that could be made into a group RP if there's interest.

POST APOCALYPTIC

Adding this as there are also a lot of potential options when it comes to post apocalyptic settings. The Walking Dead with the zombies you can power walk away from, things like the Fallout franchise with a post nuclear war. An apocalypse with a carnivorous alien jam eating everything... I dunno. There's plenty of things to explore a ruined civilization, try to start up a safe zone, set up a settlement, shoot Preston Garvey... I kid. As always no established characters. But there's all kinds of things you can do in post apocalyptic stuff. Mutants with like.. IDK telekinetic powers, raiders, zombies, other forms of monsters or alien invasions or... who knows what. There's something to be made here I'm sure.

***Other Things***

So I'm not particularly great at writing down my ideas... they turn into a jumbled mess and I feel bad/embarrassed. Regardless, I'm not getting anywhere with one on one RPS so far, so I thought maybe if I could get a Group one going I might find someone I'm more compatible with one on one? Think it was Bubbly_Mickey or someone who gave me the idea. The ones I'm most interested in personally are anything to do with Mythology, possibly Supernatural or a Star Trek thing, Star Gate... who knows. Lots of ideas lots of potential... Sky and beyond is the limit. It also gives an easily mapped out and referenced location if we do something like Supernatural since it's basically just in the US/Canada and road maps and google maps are readily available. Or a starship where the schematics are easily available on google if you REALLY need them and it gives you a chance to geek out for a while and bounce the graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish an other such technobabble.

I'll include some examples of my writing here just to sell myself so to speak.

Tossed upon a tormented ocean, a storm raging all around it, was the ship of the not-so-notorious pirate, Ashenbeard. It was said that he was the most CURSED pirate upon the seven seas. No matter what venture he tried to accomplish, no matter what ship he sank, it would inevitably be the ship that contained nothing more than manure and spoiled alcohol, have backup waiting somewhere close by, one time was a disguised navy ship, and so on. As he sought to escape his fate, he anxiously rubbed his hand over an ornate gold ring that encircled his right middle finger. The ring was unusual, resembling two serpents with jeweled eyes wrapped tightly around his finger, and it almost seemed to be alive. Sometimes you could see the eyes blink at you, or a tiny tongue flick from one of the tiny golden mouths. Pushing his soaking wet hair out of his eyes, he forced his ship onward. However, he was unaware this would be the last of his long lifetime of failed escapades. Looking to his right, he glared at a 21st century lawn chair recliner complete with umbrella, which was hovering several feet above the unsteady deck. Upon it lounged a fiery eyed man, sipping some form of iced cocktail as he watched the pirate's efforts in amusement. The being lounging in the chair was an Afrit, the most powerful form of Djinn or Genie. A God of fire, earth and air, a being of immense power, within whom resided the ability to alter reality at the snap of his fingertips. However, just as all other bound members of his kind... he was unable to use this power unless at the behest of foolish mortal whims. He had originally been a human, dying of a dreaded curse. A curse which later would be known as "Cancer". He had broken into the treasury of the ruler of his town and discovered the ring which now resided on Ashenbeard's finger. A deal with the being within turned him into an Afrit, and the being took his place, as he wished only to die and escape the bonds he was tricked into by a bastard named Solomon the Wise. This being of fire, this God of Fire and the Desert Winds was known simply as Malik.

Malik watched in amusement as he sipped his drink, all the while the idiot of a man who was his current owner struggled against the currents. As the waves and the lashing winds slammed against the boats, rain hissed on his skin as he sat there as though lounging on a beach, a foot or two above the heaving deck. He grinned as one of the crew fell overboard to be swept away, or to drown below the waves. This had certainly been a long and arduous period of servitude for him, however with the way things were currently going, he foresaw this being the end at last. All the idiotic Captain Ashenbeard needed to do was make one more wish. With this, Malik would be free! No longer would he be bound to keep the idiot alive or follow harebrained schemes. His glowing eyes stared into the darkness as he noticed a shadow on the horizon. His fiery eyes gazed in delight at a large ship flying the colours of the Royal Navy. As the large vessel bore down upon them, Eugene Smith.. aka "Ashenbeard" flailed to get the fiery man's attention. Malik gladly made his chair and drink vanish, the torrential downpour turning to steam on his abdominal muscles. Having little in the way of modesty, Malik wore little more than jewelry and the bands of servitude that encircled his biceps, the lower half of his body shrouded by an inferno swirling around him like a cyclone or a dust storm. With a somewhat sinister grin, Malik demanded, "What is thy bidding, o master? Speak thy words.. and I shall make it so!" for the final time, as this was Eugene's last wish. Eugene, the ever intelligent moron that he was, uttered his final wish. "I wish that this storm was powerful enough to destroy that navy ship!"

A twisted, evil grin contorted Malik's face as he realised with that wording the moron had spelled out his own doom. The contract between Djinn, Genie, Afrit and whomever it was that held their binding artifact ensured the being was unable to harm that which they served. However, with the final wish uttered, the contract was fulfilled and Malik was free to kill two ships with one storm. "As thy bid, my master, so shall it be done. With thy final wish spoken, I shall return to my slumber. Farewell, idiot." Without even a bow of politeness, as he had no respect for the fat idiot on the helm, Malik waved a hand at the sky. A blast of fire shot from his hand, which illuminated the entire ship. For a moment, the splintering deck glowed with warm light, as though the sun had risen aboard the sodden, rain-lashed planks. The ferocity of the storm increased by a magnitude of ten, going from a tropical storm to a full blown hurricane. As the ship cracked and creaked, the pirate Eugene cursed and tried to get his ship to safety. Malik swirled into a fiery cyclone of his own, the mouths of the serpent ring worn on Eugene's finger both opened and Malik's essence was absorbed into the metal. When the last of the sand, fire and warmth was gone, the ring became icy as it loosened itself from the pirate's fingers and fell through a hole in the deck. Downwards it bounced through broken timbers and now dead crew until it wound up in the meager treasury at the bottom of the vessel. There it landed within a golden box, embossed with warnings in every language to have ever been spoken or written by mankind. "DO NOT OPEN." they declared. "SORROW BEFALLS ALL WHO DARE TO OPEN THIS BOX!" or the even more direct, "DO NOT PUT ON THE RING!". The ring landed on a layer of black silk, the gold gleaming sullenly in the light of the now burning and flooding deck. As the broken ship flooded, the box slammed shut before the waters could reach it. A hiss of hot air, a smell of desert sand... and silence.

Within this box, within the hull of a dead ship, Malik and his ring slipped out of history and memory while it rested at the bottom of the ocean. For a while the ship "sailed" onward, pushed by currents, just buoyant enough to not come to full rest on the ocean floor. Eventually, wood rot and collisions with underwater rocks and sunken mountains broke the aged hull apart, causing the forgotten wreck to settle upon the ocean floor. Towering reefs and anemones flanked each side of the now green wreck as fish and other undersea life made it their home. All the while the skeleton of his last owner could still be seen lashed to the wheel, his skull in his hands from where he wept as his ship sank beneath the ocean waves. A small family of minnows darted in and out of the now hollow eye sockets, sunlight poured down from the surface of the water far above, and for hundreds of years, Malik has slumbered. Alone and at peace, he slumbered the centuries away. No idiotic humans had him at their beck and call.. no wishes for power or money, fame or fortune. For now he was free, but he knew one day he would be found. Oh yes.. the greed of man was well known to Malik. He knew one day he would be fished out of the darkness and made to serve again. However, until then he would enjoy the reprieve from servitude.

You can also find some examples of posts as I attempted to work with FeralStryker recently. https://writerssanctum.com/threads/shrouded-flame.24417 Unfortunately it didn't work out due to creative differences but she's a cool person.

For a more recent example of my writing, I've got a RP going with ChaosPixie. Hopefully my writing is good enough to work with. https://writerssanctum.com/threads/the-revelation-chaospixie-baldur.28086/

Anyway... Uh.. I'm not really sure if there's anything else I need to say here. Hope that I can get some RPs going soon? Font size increased for those who are visually impaired.

Last edited:
Right. let's get some dust out of my skull shall we? Currently seeking partners to pair with either Fabian, Malik or Dead Justice (Non sexual for Dead Justice) As found in my character thread. Feel free to DM me if you're interested in either a vampire, an afrit (Basically like Jafar.. the evil/fire version of a genie far more powerful) or a ghoul/sentient zombie gunslinger (IE not feral not gonna bite)

Back
Top Bottom