Either Needed A Game of Fortune or Death

Eli-B

A Writer
Local time
Today 3:59 PM
Pronouns
They/Them
Plot:

Each character has received a similar letter. A letter that explains a certain game to them. The man who sent the letter is rich beyond your wildest dreams, the owner of one of the largest companies in the world. You, however, are the opposite. Destitute, in a debt you'll never escape from on your own. This letter promises that if you play his game and win, your debt will be erased. On top of that, you can have any wish granted within this man's power. You have no choice, this is your one chance to escape the life you've been trapped in. You have to play this game.

Unfortunately, the game this man has in mind isn't checkers or chess. This is a game of life and death.

--------

I will be playing the main antagonist and one of the player characters. The game is half-SAW/half Truth or Dare. You may be thinking, how could you possibly keep it fair as the bad guy and a protagonist? Easy, I'm always willing to kill my own characters. More willing than most.

This is a bit of an experimental idea, as we could all potentially die within a few posts. We might make it to fifty posts before we die, maybe we make it to a hundred. Maybe we win and all our dreams come true! Maybe we all kill each other in greed! Who knows? Let's find out.

--------

This plots sets several ideas in motion:

1. Motivation. You don't have to decide why you're character is doing what they do. It's greed, relief, an opportunity for a new life.

2. Conflict. Do you work together and try and get the prize as a team, or are you willing to kill a stranger for a better opportunity at the prize?

3. It's vague enough that we can map around it without slamming too many conditions on us. In this case, what the games and puzzles actually are.

-----

The party itself will be four Player Characters and the antagonist. So I need three people. Dudes, dudettes, doesn't matter. All I would like are two things. A basic character sheet. Name, age, basic description of your character.

Please include a very short backstory as to why your character is poor. Gambling, loans, medical bills, just give me some insight on your character. Just a quick paragraph.

Kill my characters. Do it!

Name: Haley Applegate
Sex: Female

Appearance: Trying too fucking hard. Bright red ombre hair, multiple piercings and tattoos all over. Always wearing something 'grungy' and band related. Lots of black, lots of eyeliner and mascare, and always wearing wool tights.

History: Aspiring bass player. Haley gave up her dreams of being in a band when her mom got terminal brain cancer. Still holding on to the hope her mom will make it, but the treatment is getting too expensive, and her mom is ready to stop treating it. Haley isn't, and will do anything to get the money to keep the chemo going.​

Back
Top Bottom