Currently reading:
Any A Little Epiphany...

ellas.asleep

... don't call me yours
Local time
Today 6:51 AM
ᴏɴᴇ~
the one behind the screen

Hello, patrons of the Sanctum! 'Tis I, your resident sleepy college student. I know, you probably know about fifty of those, so I'll probably just be a brief little blip in your memory. But if I seem cool and a little sleep-deprived to you, you're... right on one count! I'm really tired, but I'm definitely not cool. Probably the exact opposite, to be completely honest. Total nerd, here. Seriously. I promise.

I think people should know some interests of mine, too, just to get to know me better, right? While yes, I am on an RPing site and have been RPing since middle school, I was definitely a jock in high school; I lived, slept, and breathed tennis. During the off-season, I wrestled, ran hurdles and the 400-m for track + field, and played for the rugby club. Yeah, I know- total jock. Outside of school, I got my third-degree in karate my junior year, tap-danced since I was 5, and played piano from the wee age of 3. Now, I mostly sleep and study. I'm not saying I peaked in high school, because I still do things sometimes, but I'm definitely not as cool as 16-year-old me, which is something not many people get to say.

As a kid, I think my biggest obsession was probably a mix of Harry Potter and the Riordanverse. Once I got older, I became obsessed with horror movies, heist/crime films (ahem, Ocean's 11), and media that just made me feel sophisticated (warning: I wasn't). Today, some of my favorites include The Breakfast Club, The Shining, Call Me By Your Name, Carol, Baby Driver, Get Out, A Nightmare on Elm Street, 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, Midsommar, The Wicker King by K. Ancrum, and The Farewell.

I will generally write what I've dubbed "crackhead" characters, although obviously, I'll adapt to whatever a plot calls for. These characters are the wild cards, the people who do the exact opposite of what common sense or logic will tell them to do. This is simply for the sheer purpose of always giving you something to react to in your posts, with the added side effect of amusing myself with my character's antics.

Anyways, enough about me. Let's talk about what I like in my threads, and what I don't.

I. I expect magnificent grammar. Okay, not really, because God (or whoever) knows I'm not perfect, especially at night. Ha, what a game it would be, y'know- find how many mistakes Ella made in her request thread! Really, though, while I don't expect something that'll get you into Cambridge, I'd like to see the basic rules of grammar being followed, on behalf of my mother (a stellar English teacher).

II.
Absolutely nothing less than 3 sentences. If you can't even write 3 sentences, I have failed as a partner, or the thread has magnificently flopped. If you write less than 3 sentences, two things will happen: one, I will message you, and ask what I can do to change my writing or the story so you get more room to elaborate. If we reach a conclusion, great! If we don't, we drop the thread, no hard feelings; however, if it happens a second time, we drop it completely. 3 sentences isn't asking for a lot. Describe their shoes! Maybe their hair! Please, don't waste my time.

III. I grew up as the sheltered and very closeted gay kid, so I'm not very good with kinks. I can't do feet, I'll gag at anything that goes in the toilet, and bondage makes me cry a little... so be sensitive with me! Please, PM first before incorporating something that's beyond your normal vanilla. I can handle dom/sub (or tops/bottoms, I don't know what they call them these days), though, so don't worry about that.

IV. Along with no. 3, I'm honestly just bad with smut in general! (sorry to disappoint all my current writing partners). I mean, I'm not asexual, but once again. Sheltered as fuck, guys, sheltered as fuck. Therefore, if you connect the dots, I prefer story-centered plots rather than smut-centered plots. I know, crazy, considering the site's biggest forums are all smut-related. I usually like somewhere between 90/10 to 60/40 for a story/smut ratio, and all romance has to be a slow-burn/serve purpose. Of course, if I love your writing, I am more than willing to make exceptions.

V. Opposite from a lot of people, I've noticed, I'm not a very chatty, OOC-talking type of person. I don't know, maybe it's the shy in me, or maybe it's just because I'm generally asleep. (if it says I'm online, chances are, I just left my laptop running) Anyhow, I've never been interested in, or good at talking to my partners outside of our threads. Once we get through with planning, I'm pretty quiet and won't really talk to my partners unless I have a question. I'm sorry if this makes you upset, but it's not like I'll ignore you if you message me; really, I'll answer and talk with you! I just don't tend to start conversations.

VI. I like character sheets, but usually simple ones. Anything with more than 8-9 'sections' makes my eyes glaze over, to be honest. While I don't absolutely, positively require one, but I'd prefer if I have a general idea of what your character is like.

VII. I'm usually in for the long haul. Little stories and one-shots aren't really my thing (unless the plot demands it), so building a camaraderie, so to speak, is essential for me. If you don't pass the "vibe check", as the kids are saying these days, I'm not sure how invested I'll be in our thread. I like world-building and I like planning for the future.

VIII. I'm a very slow writer. Sort of. Once I force myself to devote a little time to crank out a reply I like, I'm speedy; 1k in an hour is no problem for me. But on that note, between schoolwork and actual work and my puppy, I have quite the schedule already. Please be patient with me, but also, please give me a poke if I've been suspiciously quiet recently. If you do that for me, I'll be equally patient and equally poke-y to you.

ᴛᴡᴏ~
the plots

Key~ ♢ - ♢♢♢ : least - most craving
x/y : story/smut ratio
All characters can be any gender.

white teeth teens
[primary prompt: "impress the empress"; "i'll let you in on something big; i am not a white teeth teen"]
Looking for at least 2 partners; max 4. The Selection/The Hunger Games vibes. The Empress of the Kingdom is a demented sorceress who has decided to play a little game, as she has been told that she will bear no children. She decided to take a sacrifice from each of the thirteen provinces in the Kingdom; all of them somewhere between the ages of 19-23. Those sacrifices are brought to her palace, where they spend three months, or 12 weeks, trying to impress her. At the end each week, the sacrifice who has done the worst will be executed, until there is only one left. The last sacrifice remaining becomes her heir. However, the "main character" (i.e., your character) is not a "white teeth teen", as the sacrifices are called. They're masquerading as their twin, who was supposed to get married the next week before they got picked. 90/10.

Broader concepts:
- a modern/dark/humorous twist on a classic fairytale
- some sort of Sherlock/Watson type of thing
- murder mystery
- Harry Potter universe? Star Wars universe?
- ... okay, a little bit of smut never hurt anyone, right?

ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ~
what if i'm interested?

So you want to thread. Maybe you like one of the above plots, or you simply like my writing (you weirdo) and want to thread with me! Or maybe you just want to chat about something we may have in common, like a dope movie you saw recently or a cool book you just finished. I'm okay with all of that! Don't hesitate to send me a PM- I promise I don't bite.

If you're interested in a plot, let me know which plot you're interested in, please. If you have your own idea, don't be afraid to tell me right out the gate! Questions? Throw them all at me. Don't be shy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom