Challenge Submission A Sailor's Anchor

Eternity

Count
Local time
Today 8:43 AM
Pronouns
She, Her
Justus,

It has been too long since I last wrote to you, I just miss you so. The last few nights we had spent together were the best in my life, honest. I haven't been able to laugh that hard in so long, to smile so hard that my cheekbones hurt. Just meeting you like that was just unimaginable, the sheer feeling of fear I felt in the pit of my stomach not because of meeting you but because of the feelings I am having that are so sudden. I can't even begin to describe what it is that I am feeling, or maybe it is I am afraid to describe those feelings for fear you may not ever want to speak to me again. I've never met anyone in my life where I've felt a connection so instantaneous that it made me feel overwhelmed with butterflies in my stomach, that I felt like they were trying to fly right up out of my mouth. You have no idea the impact of our meeting has taken upon me, someone who has been going through one of her worst times. I've had my heart taken from me, broken and returned with large pieces missing. I had vowed to myself that I wouldn't invest any of myself in another person, that I wouldn't let my heart open up to anyone because I didn't want to lose any more of it.
I am not sure what the universe has in store for us, or what funny things my guides have aligned for me; but you must be it. Honestly, the last day saying goodbye to you was one of the hardest days I had. I wanted nothing more than to take you into my arms, to kiss you but I didn't. Standing near my car and watching you walk back towards your parent's house left me wanting to chase after you, but I just stood there watching till the very last minute. I remember just sitting in my car a moment before driving off because I wanted you, I wanted to tell you to stay in touch. I am glad that I found a way to do just that, and I hope that this doesn't push you away but pull you closer.

Nina

Justus,

I know that you're a whole country away now, but I am glad that we are staying in close contact. I want you to know that being able to visit you was absolutely magical, it was wonderful to be able to share with you, my feelings. Knowing that you feel the same way about me, even after experiencing some of your own darkness makes me feel like maybe we were meant to meet.
This probably sounds pretty cliche, but I know that I fell in love with the first time we met. I have been sitting on this for so long, wondering how to say this to you. I knew from the moment we met, how we were able to just talk about anything and everything from the start. How we were able to laugh and instantly fall asleep together. You oddly make me feel safe, like I know that I can trust you to keep me protected. I've known you forever, but we have just met. Odd, I know. I can understand if this is all too much, but I can't hold all this inside just to myself anymore. I have this promise to myself that I am going to do what I need for myself and know what I want. What I want is you.
Nina

Justus,

Spending a week with you in Italy was just amazing, I hated leaving you. Leaving you at the gate in the airport was so hard, I just didn't want to let go of your hand. I could see it in your eyes, you didn't want to let go of me either. I hate the ache in my chest whenever I have to leave you behind, or whenever you leave me. I wish we could just be together in one place, that I could help shoulder your worries and hold you up when you need me. I know that soon, someday that we can make that happen. I don't know how we are doing it, but making a long-distance relationship work is something others would laugh at us about. Here we are, proving to those who don't believe it could work that it does. I wouldn't trade any of this, I would go through it all again just to be with you, to know you.

Justus, I know this would be crazy. Would you marry me? I know it is absolutely odd for a woman to ask, but would you want to get married? I mean, truly want to get married. My daughter and I, we would come as a package deal, love us both; protect us both. I know I told myself I would never get married again, but my heart aches for you. I love you. I am in love with you, truly in love with you.

Yours Always,
Nina

Justus,

My sweet Justus, I know it has been many many years since I wrote you a letter. Since we married and had many children, I thought it would be wonderful to share with you how I feel after all these years together. Since the day I asked you to marry me, to the moment you came home to help me through the birth of our daughter and then our son; I've done nothing but grow to love you more and more. I know that at first it was rough for you getting out of the military, but I knew that I would hold you up when you felt your weakest, push you when you needed and encourage you when I saw it was meant to be. I've watched you grow into a wonderful father to my eldest daughter, stepping up for her when her biological father failed her in every way possible. I watched you grow a career out of a hobby, and negotiate yourself up the corporate ladder in the world of the DOD on the contractor side. I've seen you fall into dark moments, and lifted you up when I felt like I was falling over the edge myself. But I never once stopped loving you, I felt myself wanting to close down a time or two but remembered all the battles we've fought together and reminded myself that I must keep going for us.

I can't imagine a life without you, I will love you to the ends of the earth with every essence of my body and soul. I will continue to hold you up and push you forward when you need me, and I will look to you whenever I need my knight with rusty beat up armor to come to my aid. I know that no matter whatever comes at us, we will lift our swords and fight side by side. I hope that we continue to grow together, and that someday we can share our stories with the next generation of our family.

Your beloved,
Nina

Back
Top Bottom