Currently reading:
All a specific search. [ fantasy + arranged marriage + slowburn ]

cottagefangs

★ ☆ ★
Local time
Today 4:37 AM
Pronouns
any/all
Hi! Moon here. 21+, any pronouns, CST with a weird asf schedule that leaves me up at all hours of the day. The title probably gave it away, but my brainrot is chronic, and I need to hash it out, so I'm just going to dive into this headfirst.

I have a prince OC (looking for low-to-high fantasy settings specifically for him) who I would just love to shove into a position of power and responsibility when in reality he wasn't raised for either. He's a third son, young and arrogant, meant to only ever be a public figure with a small hand to play in regional politics, but fate can be cruel. I'm leaning towards something along the lines of his and y/c's kingdoms being at war — or maybe they're fighting a common enemy, but resources are low and their forces have been significantly weakened. Rather than spearheading further conflicts, m/c decides to try and reach a peace by by marrying your character, a royal/heir from said opposing nation.

Although an agreement is made (with or without any say from y/c), the union is strained and turbulent from the beginning. Despite m/c's attempts to find mutual ground, y/c is cold at best and resentful at worst.

TLDR: Think angsty slow-burn that feels like pulling teeth as our characters learn to love each other and build a marriage on mutual respect. I'm dying to include themes like court intrigue, forced proximity, power imbalances, fantasy elements, and cultural differences. Never opposed to Omegaverse either if that's your vibe. Lowkey I'm just dying to write something that's self-indulgent and laced with drama, and nothing hits quite the same as an arranged marriage storyline.

A few quick notes since you probably want to know what I'm about: I consider myself "lazy lit." You can expect detailed and introspective replies from me, but I'm not always in the mood to constantly dish out 1k+ words. I also work full-time with school on the side, so spontaneous replies are pretty much a given. If you have your heart set on rapid, consistent IC replies, then I'm not the partner for you. That being said, I try to be around OOC to keep the fire going! I always want to plot and gush and really dig into the details when it comes to our characters, their dynamic, the setting and world we're building, etc. I use art & descriptions for my OCs if it means anything.

I don't write PWP. I love writing smut in the right doses, discussing NSFW headcanons and hypotheticals, etc. but this will be a story-heavy rp. I love seeing characters grow and develop, and stories and settings become so detailed that they're practically muses of their own; that's what I want to focus on. If it means anything, the character I plan to use is a service top.

Finally, y/c can be any gender. I love writing MxM, MxF and MxNB. Trans characters are always welcomed and appreciated here.

I could ramble for hours, but if you're interested, just shoot me a DM with your general rp info and any thoughts, ideas, questions, etc. you might have, and I'll get back to you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom