Currently reading:
All A Tale, Most Horrible - Horror/Thriller Story Search Thread

Vennric

Serf
Local time
Today 11:44 AM
Pronouns
They/She
Hello, My name is Vennric, and I have always delighted in the dark, dense and macabre.
While not the only kind of story I desire, I have always loved a scary story and hope to find someone to help me spin a tale that will keep me up at night. I have been writing for close to a decade now, and consuming all sorts of horror media, in an effort to refine my scary palette and create the fiercest monsters, human and otherwise.

I also love true crime and the horrors of history, and will branch off into fantasy when I need a bit of breathing room.
I like to write in the third person, and like lots of detail and descriptions when I'm writing. I can get a little wordy when I get in the zone, and like to say I tend to write 3 to 5 good sized paragraphs, but I know it's frequently more.
I do not expect my partners to match my post length exactly, but please no one-liners.

My posting schedule will vary, from several posts a day to once a week or longer depending on my availability. I encourage pokes and messages as reminders but please keep in mind, I write to relax.
I'm frequently up at night, and live in an EST time zone, so sometimes I will be posting after midnight.

My Preferred Characters:

Hoo Boy.

So let me state at the outset, I like writing terrible people. I started writing a million years ago with vampire/Silence of the Lambs fanfiction, and it's really gone down from there. I like to be the antagonist, the killer, the monster, the stalker, etc.

I like stories that depict violence and horror in bloody detail. While not a requirement, as I know lots of folks don't enjoy it, but I have never shied away from extreme themes like violence, drug use, assault, and death.
I like to break my characters, take a bad day and make it worse. Most of my characters tend not to come out of my stories intact, in they come out alive.

I write whatever sex/gender/presentation that I think the story requires, and encourage my partners to write what feels right for them.
I tend to default to masculine roles, and that is solely because I have too often had my female characters reduced to sex objects for erotic stories that were not previous agreed upon, and so I must trust my partner very much to take on female roles.

I do, on occasion, write erotic elements in my stories, when mood, tone, story and character chemistry work and only as far as it will further my existent STORY. Nothing will deflate my interest in a story more than suddenly forcing a sex scene after two posts where it doesn't fit.

I do write in fandoms, but prefer original characters and plots that are Inspired by or in the same universe as popular media, versus playing a character.

Current desired Stories:

Fan Boy- True Crime, Stalking, Twisted Love
Inspo: Hannibal, The Patient, Prodigal Son

It's been over 20 years since the last victim of the notorious serial killer, The Artist, had been discovered, identifiable by the tableau style way the crime scene was staged before authorities arrived. Using various renaissance paintings as inspiration, the scenes were a disgusting mockery of famed beautiful works, made manifest with violence and viscera, and after 10 cases gone long cold, the killer seemed to slip away and vanish, leaving only his terrible creations to haunt the minds of the detectives that failed to catch him, and more recently, the true crime enthusiasts that look back in amazement and horror.

MC, the Artist, long into their quiet retirement from the deadly arts, has noticed their case come up again in pop culture, and has run into a particularly keen true crime enthusiast, (YC) part of a book club/ crime stoppers forum/ podcast show etc, who claims that they plan to expose the long dormant case or have found a new clue in their fastidious study of the crimes.

Curious, amused, or wary, the Artist decides to get close to this person, to watch their process and even considers helping them solve a few of his trickery cases. They are, in fact, an expert in this particular study.

And for the first time since innocent blood pooled in their hands, The Artist feels something. Fear? Excitement? Butterflies?

This story is heavily inspired by my love for Hannibal, and the tension that exists between criminals and those who try and stop them.
I love the idea of an affectionate game of cat and mouse with a deeply dangerous person, and it's going to sound weird, but imagine this might even be a sweet story, interposed with scenes of violence. Only one party may be aware of the game, you see, and it's not sporting to blindside a worthy opponent.

Whatever the Artist feels for their Sleuth, be it romantic, platonic, a mentor/mentee relationship or even as a budding rival, studying their methods, I think they would be happy to have someone so close and be very protective of "their" person. They might even start leaving clues or commit a new murder to encourage them to keep going.
What happens when a serial killer loves you and just wants you to succeed?

The Secret for Wholeness- Horror, Cults, Monsters, Body Horror
Inspo: The Ritual, A Cure for Wellness, Healthcare Grifts/Scams

People say take a walk when you're feeling bad. Fresh Air, sunlight touching grass and reconnection with the Earth help people feel more grounded and have helped those who struggle with depression and apathy keep better habits if started as a weekly or ever daily habit..

Warden Retreat is no simple walk in the woods. It is an all inclusive, exclusive, all encompassing wellness retreat, promising to its very selective clientele a whole body, mind, and spirit transformation after just a 3 week stay at their peaceful wilderness chateau, working with fitness experts, dietary experts, spiritual guides and psychologists to ensure that no one leave the experiences without a new outlook and fresh set of skills to be their best self.

The hype around this program is how painfully selective it is, catching attention in the media for several powerful and wealthy celebrities having been rejected from the program and unable to buy or influence their way in.
Those who do gain entry come from all walks of life, but are wholly reborn, near unrecognizable after their stay and just as knowingly tight-lipped as to just what the retreat's secret is.

And just last week, out of the blue, you received an invitation.

I want to play a pair of unlikely candidates, invited to experience this retreat against all odds. Maybe it was a long shot application, maybe they didn't even apply. They were selected, due to the event runners strange and unknowable requirements, and would likely never be able to afford another shot at this opportunity.

I love the idea of playing in a far flung location, remote and isolated, surrounded by hostile woods, and while everything seems squeaky clean on the surface, this retreat is actually a cult of some ancient forest creature/s, using the space to hunt the retreat goers or turn them into it's loyal flowers.

Programs work to change their bodies, cultists work to change their minds, and all the while, dark things stir in the woods, ready to pounce on the weak or guide the bloody hands of new followers.
There's also something interesting in playing a member of the retreat that has broken away from the cult and is trying to escape and take who they can with them, or a journalist trying to sneak in and expose the secrets of the retreat because something with this much power and influence behind it likely has an illegal or suspicious tie.

Beloved- Fantasy, Betrothal, Death or Marriage,
Inspo: Grimm Fairy Tales, Dracula, Arranged marriage stories

Tonight, your parents will act like they are pleased. They will dance and feast like they have not served your death warrant, wrapped lace and ribbon. Your family and friends will smile too wide, wishing for your health and happiness that they know will never come. Others who used to laugh and hiss at your previously ruined reputation, will whisper behind their hands and wipe tears from the corners of their eyes. No one, even you, deserves this fate.

And come morning, you and your hastily collected bit of comfort will be bundled into a carriage and sent off to your new fiancé's kingdom. Those you pass on the road will see the banners of the carriage and cross themselves, knowing that your are more sacrifice than newlywed.

The arrangement is clear, your marriage will cement an alliance between your home and the neighboring power, a dark, violent place full of gleeful monsters that has threatened to spill over borders and consume the unsuspecting countryman for years.

Though once an attractive selection in your own right, a sudden and most embarrassing fall from grace had all but demolished your prospects and you had just settled into the idea that you would never marry, until your sovereign offered a deal.

The ruler of the monsters desired a political marriage to ally with the crown, and the only family with an "untouchable" child was yours. Your family, protected and provided for. Yourself, heralded as a martyr, instead of the shadows that cling to you and threaten to infect your loved one.

Wed a monster, maybe save your kingdom.

Vague description aside, I really like the idea that a fallen noble gets into an arranged marriage with a ruler of an evil country. Details are variable, but I like the idea that this kingdom has a corrupt court, full of killers, monsters and evil people. The ruler themselves has killed all their previous intended for displeasing them, the court spilling blood on a regular basis for sport and entertainment. YC becomes a sacrificial lamb of sorts, but don't think that they will take that sentence lying down.

YC would be the next constant, already in ruin and with nothing to lose. I hope to play out a tense courtship where YC has to adjust to a strange new way of life, but starts to take to it. Very serious corruption ideas, coming into their own in this more brutal environment and that would actually catch the attention of the ruler in a real way.

MC would be the evil noble, maybe inhuman but we can discuss, who has always known a life of violence and slaughter but has never wielded it for anything more than amusement and cruelty for cruelty's sake. Its the way of life in their kingdom, and the fear has kept them safe for a very long time. While the rest of the arranged spouses have been little more than pretty offerings, a doll to break, YC coming there with an axe to grind and not looking to bow and scrape and please get their attention and makes them want to influence and cultivate them into a true ruler of their kingdom. If they go dolling out revenge after Yc steps into their full power, all the better.

Haha, I guess I just want the BBEG power couple backstory.

Less fleshed out plots:

Haunted places-living in, exploring, a ghost adventures gone wrong. Living with a ghost for a roommates,

Rapture- A twist on the rapture, Angels come down to do it themselves, Biblically accurate monsters, Receiving word that the rapture has happened and earth. Humanity didn't qualify.

Vampires- Anything about them, but I do like a more monstrous vampire, Blade II or The Strain

Killers/Stalkers- Any chance to twist love of affection into something more vile, I'll take

Uncanny Valley- Backrooms, creepypasta, lots of analog horror out lately I find very inspiring.

Inspirations I'm looking for:
The Magnus Archives-Podcast
Dracula/Van Helsing- Book, Movie
H.P Lovecraft, -Books, themes
House of Leaves -Book
Alan Wake -Videogame
Control- Videogame

Any additional notes you want to add?

Back
Top Bottom