Both Needed An Alternate Universal Century?

Currently reading:
Both Needed An Alternate Universal Century?

Beppen

Knight
Local time
Yesterday 11:27 PM
Finished Zeta Gundam recently and felt a craving for something related. Still not entirely sure what I want this to be, but I have thought about the concept some for a while now.

Setting and story
Zeon Zum Deikun's death and Degwin's ascent to leading the proclaimed independent Side 3 are still remembered, but doubts over what really happened have become the most private of matters since the Zabis strengthened their control over the colonys. Degwin has begun retreating into the background while his children assume greater authority with Ghiren taking the helm. From the outside, rebellion against the Earth Federation would lead to a short and brutal end for Zeon by all sensible metric, but key technological advancements will soon see a new, secret weapon ready for the field and the lengths humans will go to should not be underestimated.

The year is UC 77, tension with the Earth Federation will soon peak, and the ambition of the Zabis wouldn't allow for peace anyway. In just a few years, the future will cease to exist for many, but no one can say what will come out of it.

For those unfamiliar, overpopulation led to people being sent into space and the creation of O'Neil cylinder type space colonies at lagrange points in groups called Sides of which Side 3 is the furthest from Earth. Nuclear reactor technology is improving to the point that they can retain the power to provide for a Mobile Suit's needs while being small enough to fit inside one. Minovsky particles in high densities disrupt electronics and communication and are used in mega particle cannons.

I'm not a lore expert and I wanted to explore a "what could have been" starting from the original series to some undecided point in the future.

What's different?
Regarding changes, some key figures may not exist in this version of events, or may make different decisions than in canon. Everything from the start that logically could change from the actions of characters may be capable of changing. Further changes pending.

Expectations
  • Everyone's grammar and spelling should be at legible levels.
  • To avoid any conflict with site rules, all player characters will be adults and characters like Amuro and Kamille will be aged up if they still exist.
  • A post every 1-2 weeks. I'm not too fussy about length but give people something to work with without going overboard.
  • Not sure if an upper limit will be required to make this thing manageable, but I'm thinking 3-4 people minimum would be desirable.
  • Be patient with each other and myself.

I'm open to discussion about any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom