Closed Anyone Up for a Fantasy Misadventure?

Currently reading:
Closed Anyone Up for a Fantasy Misadventure?

georgeanna

of many names
Local time
Today 3:53 AM
Pronouns
she/her
R2R.png

Hello fair lord, ladies, adventurers, and nobility~

While your assistance would probably be welcome and necessary, you're not invited...sorry. Or maybe it's us who will be sorry...

Welcome to my less well-known, but equally impressive brethren: background NPCs

I am looking to run a play-by-post game (including skills rolls) based upon systems created by Grant Howitt & Christopher Taylor — Trashkin & Once Upon a Crime.

Here is the basic premise as described by them:

YOU are a trashkin, one of the fantasy races that doesn't get into the core books. While the "adventurers" undertake an epic quest, you're going to take this opportunity to prove once and for all that you've got what it takes.

Interested? Here is my story hook for this particular shitshow adventure:

The Lay of the Land
You are a group of wannabe adventuring creatures, who have snuck into a beautiful fairytale world through an interdimensional portal to work a job. You're indebted to the Diamond Dragons back in your home-realm of Foedus, a notorious group of sorcerers that are known to hoard their money and call in favors. With your loan already overdue, and the Dragons giving you 5 days to get the full balance "or else," you've been instructed to steal Princess Salacia's Horde. After getting some good intel on the comings and goings of interdimensional travel, you've found Regium -- the diamond kingdom of the multiverse and home to the famed princess. Can you retrieve the horde and avoid being put to the sword?

The Aim of the Game:
You will be one of the available races: racoonkin, ratboy, pigeonkin, fox-folk, half-possum, and goat girl. This will be determined by a randomized character generation process that I will guide everyone through once you show interest.

With your creatures abilities, you'll work together to locate, steal, and recover the horde. You probably would've preferred to work alone, but the wizard who gave you your enchanted tokens for interdimensional travel made a slight error while hastily catching up on requests from travelers such as yourselves. Unfortunately, he linked your tokens so you can never stray too far from one another, and seeing as it would prove disastrous for you to be free agents bound at the hip, it might be best to work together.

This horde will be necessary in that it will provide the recovery needed for you to confidently face the Dragons, but additionally, it can prove to be cumbersome to carry around. But more on that later!

Sounds easy, right?
That's the invite! Let me know if you're interested below. I'm looking for 3-4 folx to join, and once we are coordinated we can talk about the mechanics in depth.

ROSTER
Gamerscribe
Stardust_Hippi
TwoxMachine
BrookeDi

Last edited:
This will be determined by a randomized character generation process that I will guide everyone through once you show interest.
You kinda had my interest until that. That killed any interest I had.

Alright! It looks like we have enough to get started.

I'll contact y'all separately. If anyone else would like to hop in just let me know :D

Back
Top Bottom