Challenge Submission Atop the Flatiron

CharlieDevil

♡B̸͓͕͛̓rat Ę̸̹͖͐x̶̋̉̂traỏ̶̘̤͈̻̂͊ͅr̷̓͋dinai̴̛̅re♡
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:27 PM
Pronouns
They/Them
Fye sat next to his lifelong friend, Heidi, as she watched the crowd from atop of the building they rested on, his dark eyes observing her as she never took her eyes off of them.
"What is so interesting down there? It's so loud," Fye questioned, tilting his head at her as she extended her neck down at the revelry below.
"If you shut up and stopped asking me questions, I could tell you," Heidi responded, barely turning her head towards the male before looking back down below.

The wind beat against her body, chilling it despite the heat of the June sun. Eyes alight with curiosity, she leaned over the building, taking in the colors, sounds, and smells coming from nearly three hundred feet below them. Fye, however, scoffed as he began to shake himself out.
"I don't see the point in all of it. Fifth Avenue is always busy this time of day. Why don't we get some food?" Fye asked Heidi, seemingly impatient and his dark eyes alight with hunger. His friend, however, was unmoved.
"There's food down there," she responded simply, pointing her head down at the crowd below. The people below them were surrounded in a sea of colors and flags that only seemed to confuse and annoy Fye, but Heidi was in awe. "Come on, lets get closer," she suggested, moving closer to Fye as if that would convince him.
"And get hit by a car? No thanks," he scoffed.
"The cars aren't going fast enough, idiot. Otherwise, how else could they throw those bead necklaces out the window and stand on them? We are faster," Heidi responded.
"I tried to eat one of those earlier. They tasted terrible," was Fye's only comment as he shook his head.
"There's a bunch of food in the trash," Heidi offered.
"Yeah, here and in every alleyway of New York."

The silence stretched on for a few more moments between them, cut by the sound of music and horns.
"They all do seem a lot happier, though," Fye admitted, now leaning in just as Heidi had as he observed the colorful crowd and the elaborate plumage of those on the traveling floats.
"It is way better than the Thanksgiving parade last year," Heidi pointed out to which Fye gave a loud laugh that carried into the wind.
"Yeah! Remember when I was nearly knocked out by that Snoopy balloon?"
Heidi gave a chortle and stretched out her limbs. "I think I'm going to go down and check it out," Heidi said, getting ready to move.
"You won't be able to get anywhere with the crowd that thick. It's best to just stay up here," Fye tried to argue, but he knew Heidi. Whenever there was something that she wanted, she went for it.
"You want anything?" she questioned, undeterred.
"Popcorn, if you find any," Fye answered, resigned to now sitting up on his spot alone.

Nodding, Heidi backed up and stretched out her black wings, descending on the crowd to join them as she coasted on the New York wind, leaving Fye watching from up on his spot safely away from the danger of the unknown.
"...One day," he sighed to himself, longing to let go and join her in a more colorful world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom