Lore N. Fables

Demigod
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 4:26 PM
Pronouns
Your Grace
rome.jpg

"What the hell," Simon scoffed as he exited the airliner. "This is supposed to be July, right?" Pulling his thin cardigan closer around his chest, he gave his shoulderbag a good heft upon his arm before he began to move along. His messy blonde hair had been stuffed under the beanie he had reserved for the days he felt he was having a 'bad hair day', or just when he hadn't shampooed. "This is bullshit," he had muttered in front of Alice and Hayden, the twins who had been Simon's best friend since preschool.

"I'm sure there's a perfectly good explai-"

"Can it, Al,"
Simon dramatically interrupted, just wanting for once to sulk in the moment. "You're killin' me with the eternal optimism. Just let me be pissy for a minute, alright?"

"You're always pissy, Simon,"
Hayden chimed in with a chuckle, practically hopping down the stairs behind his friend and sister. The twins shared in their olive complexion and long dark locks, and though their likeness hinted at a definite relation, it did not suggest twinship. Their humour, on the other hand, was very much alike.
"You're just pissed it's snowing 'cause the nude beaches are going to be closed, admit it," Alice supplied with a chuckle. Earning a miffed silence from Simon, Hayden and Alice couldn't resist the laughter that burst forth at their friends' expense.

"You're damned right I'm pissed about that! I worked my ass off, LITERALLY for specifically that! I swear," Simon complained and then huffed dramatically. "I wanna speak to the manager."

With that last statement, the twins laughed harder earning another dramatic huff from their chilled, yet miffed friend.

Once the trio had checked into their hotel suite, a smart double room with a shared bath and living quarters. The rooms were spacious, mirroring the other in a pink and gold floral wallpaper that looked to be quite expensive and expertly installed, though Alice would have sworn it had been handpainted, especially given their current location. After winning a best three out of five rounds of 'Rock, Paper, Scissor', with Simon for their own room, the boys found themselves in one double room and Alice grinned with her head held high to the room she had battled valiantly for.

"Bitch," Simon muttered when she passed with her smug expression, only receiving a snort with a round of laughter from her.

"You're so dramatic, Simon."

"You love it,"
he remarked, sticking his tongue out at the winner.

"Meeting in the living room in five," Alice called over her shoulder as she entered her room. "I've got a few ideas I wanna throw your way."

"Uh-oh,"
Hayden grimaced, following Simon into their shared room with two queen-sized beds that fit perfectly with room to spare. "She finally gets to use the backup plans."

"Oh, god! Is it too late to go home?"
Simon and Hayden shared the mocking scared face that had always made Alice roll her eyes.

"You two are so dramatic," she muttered at their comments, knowing the faces were made without having to even look.

A little while later, the trio found themselves in the living quarters of the suite, Alice with a determined look on her face while the men folk sat, almost sulking on the sofa with their cocktail glasses filled to the brim... for the third time.

"Look! There are the museums and... Oh! The Pantheon!" Alice glanced over the tourist attraction pamphlet with what looked to be genuine interest. "I'm not sorry, boys. I came here to explore the historical sights. Not the dilapidated and sagging breasts and penis' of the older folk at the nude-y beaches. Either you're with me or you're against me, but either way, I mean to gain some culture! Snow be damned, you lousy perverts of the modern era!"

"And she calls us dramatic,"
Simon said with more sass than any straight man alive. "Listen, I have nothing against a little culture, Al, as I am sure your brother would agree, but it is J-U-L-Y, my love. The middle of summer and I came here to see F-L-E-S-H, not paint. Work with me a little here."

"Whatever. You two go do whatever,"
Alice said, determined to make the trip worth the expense, despite the cold and snowy weather. "I will enjoy this...."

With that, Alice left the duo on the couch where they sat, staring blankly at the other while the beauty went off to enjoy her time.

Moral of the tale: Happiness is what you make of it. Plans can sometimes be changed due to the climate, but the best thing to do is make yourself happy with it. Enjoy the time you are alive and take your life into your own hands. Tiddies will sag with time and gravity, but History is forever!

Be well Sanctum! Happy Holidays and may 2023 bring wonders and happiness to you all! ~ Lore 🥀

Back
Top Bottom