All Baldurs Gate 3 OOC and Signup thread

Vergil

Serf
Local time
Today 8:34 AM
Pronouns
he/him
Baldurs Gate Roleplay

This rp is a one that follows the events of Baldurs gate 3, but pretty loosely, so that we all have some freedom playing our characters. It will start with your character seeing the strange Mind flayer ship crash somewhere on the coast.This will be an open RP so come and go as you please, just don't leave anyone hanging and don't tie up a major NPC with your last post (else I'll have to dig the "Somehow X teleported to Y" plot hole)

Fair warning this rp will contain major spoilers for the game. No dice or stats, but I will be trusting you to not overstep any boundaries and be a game breaking superhuman/drow/dwarf etc.

The main crew (Shadowheart, Astarion etc) are NPCs, this means they can't be your main characters but if you want to use them for your characters plot points then feel free. This is a world without Tav, meaning that the nautaloid crashes, Shadowheart has the artifact (and frees Gale) and she will pointedly ignore the commands from the Emperor, she will be trying to get the artifact over to Shar. Laezel is in a cage and pretty mad, Gale is able to find magic artifacts on his own, so doesn't immediately perish. Wyll is still at the Grove and Minthara doesn't know where the grove is, but is getting close to finding out that she has Halsin under her nose. Astarion is roaming around trying to get to Baldurs gate. All of them would like to get the tadpole out of their heads.

Each of them will have to deal with the Shadow cursed lands in Act 2, but I'm sure we will figure something out by then with our PCS XD

Level ups/new abilities

Your character is lvl1 and will get whatever powers are given for your race and class at lvl1. Any further abilities that you want have to be roleplayed in order to get them. The game just has you believe that you can suddenly cast fireball, but I would expect some good roleplay in order for your character to learn it; training, practice, hardships all make for good plot points. This applies to any feats or stuff that you want.

You can have multiple characters if you like.

Rules:

Not a huge fan of prolonged sex scenes and am definitely more of a fade to black writer/reader - go to PMS if you have to scratch an itch and then post an abridged version with almost all of the details taken out, if you like. I'm ok with mid/high level violence and do like reading well put together action sequences - if arms and legs go flying off, then that's cool. Not too hot on extended torture scenes, but if it serves a plot/character development purpose then sure, but keep it non sexual. Please nothing more than that.

Post length and frequency should be of a decent level. At least 2 paragraphs for each character. If you want to tell a story all on your own, and use this roleplay as a means to do it, then I'm totally fine with that - you don't HAVE to rp with others, but in my experience it is more fun and definitely more chaotic! If you can't post a whole bunch then that's fine. I'll be posting once a week pretty regularly and if I'm the only one doing it, then so be it. This is a very casual setting, but again I would prefer a decent post length.

Character Sheet:

Name
Nickname (if any)
Class
Background/History
Personality
Appearance

About me if interested:
Mid 40s, love rpgs, love making a mess in the world that my characters have to fix. A beginner DM at D&D but long time story based roleplayer that loves flooding the game with NPCs to support characters. My Formatting skills suck and couldn't make a post pretty to save my life. Am generally poor with tech :p

Last edited:
**Name: Mion/Shion
**Nickname/Alias:
**Pronouns: she/her
**Race: tiefling
**Class(es): warlock
**Alignment: chaotic evil/lawful good
**Dislikes: see above but reversed.
**Backstory: the tieflings never had an easy life and for some, through grit and determination, they adjusted and battled on taking the jibes on the chin and becoming a productive member of society. For some, however, they would fall prey to crime and thuggery, for others still, they would become hopeless and destitute. For Shion, she went mad.

She fought it; the rage at the unfairness of it all, the mockery, the prejudice and tried to be a good person. She threw herself into helping others, to make sure those less fortunate….hahaha who are you kidding, less fortunate! Anyone less fortunate than us should just die. Noone deserves to go through what we…no! what I went through! …..

Stop! We help people. There's no other way to break the cycle!

Inside her, lay a being full of rage and bitterness that words could not soothe. That side of her was simply a way to cope - to shove all the negativity into a closet and to lock it away. Seeing her race being constantly terrorised and moved along due to superstition; a race without a home due to deals made with a devil generations ago. Rage at the unfairness of it all. Rage at the fact her father had to beg to get a job only to be fired because people didn't trust him. "Smile, Shion, and people will sometimes show you kindness. The words may sting but they are harmless. Steel yourself and one day it'll all work out - as long as you smile."

Shion then witnessed her mother stoned to death by humans for simply walking in the wrong part of town and for 'looking like a devil.' They chased Shion and only by sheer luck did she make it home unscathed. She saw her father's descent into alcoholism soon after - - the smile gone from his face, never to return. And then a note on the bed with words of meaningless consolation and apology; but still she tried, still she smiled. She was put in the care of an orphanage, where she was shown suspicion and hostility - she smiled through it and cared for the younger kids, only for them to turn on her. "I don't need help from a devil bitch"

She ran from there becoming a pickpocket and thief to try and survive on the streets, helping whoever she could - trying her best to show the world that she was more than just her appearance and her ancestry. Caught, jailed, abused, All the while the monster in her grew.

A night came in her cell; Shion was asleep, but Mion was awake, the whisper in her head now given a name, ever present in her mind; when a hooded figure came from the shadows with a deal. When Shion awoke she was outside the prison, outside the city and with blood on her hands and power at her fingers.

She looked up to the heavens as the sun was blocked, to see a strange ship in the sky and a giant jagged tentacle piercing her through the chest.

**Personality: Shion still goes by what her parents taught her - be kind, be gentle, help those you can. She was always helping host dinners as her parents would feed orphans and strays and she did so happily. Had life been anything other than cruel to her, she would have been a volunteer at a church and perhaps that would have been a fulfilling life.

Instead her hateful side manifested through years of bad luck and cruelty. Mion goes from cold and calculating, to full of rage and mayhem. She wants nothing more than to take down every human she sees, though can keep herself in control to not instantly murder them. She prefers to make them suffer - not through physical torment but the emotional variety.

**Description:

A tiefling with long curling horns, ash grey skin and dark purple eyes, she had markings on her face, ones that she did not have before her escape. Her smile is friendly, but every now and then there is a sharpness that comes around the edges of her mouth and a blankness that haunts her eyes. She has a thin slender body, that is athletic in its build, but still possesses the feminine curves, though modest when compared to others. Her dressing style varies to what she can get her hands on and who is putting on the clothes, either simple and conservative, to a little racy and confident - but always practical, with no frills.

Back
Top Bottom