All Brand New Request Thread [Open]

havfruen

Fantasy Fairy
Local time
Today 10:40 PM
Pronouns
She/her
♡ Who's that mermaid? ♡
Hi, I'm Havfruen (which means 'mermaid' in Danish) and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Mostly in Danish, though, but I feel fairly confident in my skills as a writer in English by now even though it's my second language. I've been roleplaying in English for 5+ years on and off. Now it's time to get back to the 'on' rather than 'off' part.

I only play woman characters, by the way. I don't mind any pairing or gender ratio in group roleplays, though!

After a hiatus due to uni and life generally getting busy, I'm ready to get back into it! On that note...

♡ Reply length & writing schedule ♡
My replies are usually between 400-1000 words, give and take, depending on the context, relevance and how much I'm given to work with. Hence the give and take.
My writing schedule fluctuates due to being a uni student. That means that sometimes I'll be able to reply multiple times a day, sometimes a few times a week. I can promise at least one reply a week (and if anything comes up to prevent that, I'll make sure to let you know, of course).
I ask that my writing partners also show me the curtesy of letting me know if replies will be slower or if they lose interest in the roleplay we're doing. Ghosting really isn't cool!

The gory details... or not. Here's what I don't do ♡
  • I'm not a gore girlie. I'm okay with violence and a bit of gore as long as it's relevant to the plot, but I don't do, say, specifically violence/battle themed roleplays. It's just not my thing.

• I don't do fandoms.

• I'm not a smut writer. I'm okay with a fade-to-black and if a sexual scene is written out, I prefer to keep it tasteful. Basically, I'm not in it for the smut. The plot itself and the romance, if that's a part of the plot, is much more important to me than the smut of it all.

♡ The romance, however... ♡
I love a good romance, it's my favorite subgenre to include when writing. If it makes sense to the story, of course. And when it develops throughout the story. For romance pairings I don't care about the gender of my writing partner's character, but my character will be a woman.

♡ Genres ♡
  • Fantasy. I love a good fantasy setting; high fantasy or supernatural elements in an otherwise realistic setting. I just adore magic.

• Sci-Fi/steampunk. Especially in a dystopian setting. Growing up with The Hunger Games and all of those dystopian novels really left its mark. However, I don't know anything about technology - so I'm that kind of Sci-Fi writer.

• Historical Fiction. As long as it gets to be in the Bridgerton-way - it does get a bit tiresome to have to fact check all the time to be historically accurate. We're here to have fun!

• Romance. I'll just mention it again, for good measure.

♡ Pairing/setting ideas ♡

• Witch x Witch/Warlock:
    Muse A and Muse B come from different covens that have been enemies for generations. However, when the elders notice that their magic is dwindling, they decide to make an alliance: to have the covens bound together by a marriage alliance between Muse A and Muse B to strengthen their magic again.

• Demon x Vampire:
    Muse A is a demon who has found their way into the world above by accident. Muse B is a vampire who's been hunted relentlessly by a vampire hunter. And the vampire hunter mistakes Muse A for a vampire, as well, leaving Muse A and B to be in the same boat - two predators from different worlds finding themselves hunted by the same hunter.

• Royal x Assassin (High Fantasy):
    Muse A is the last in the royal line of a usurped land. When her country fell, she went into hiding, but the usurper has sent out assassins to find and kill her. Muse B is the first assassin succesful in finding her - but finds themself in a moral dilemma. In this setting I would write as Muse A.

• Pirate x Runaway:
    Muse A is a pirate on a ship currently docked in Muse B's city. Muse B has run away and decides that boarding that ship will be the best getaway. If they can convince the captain and the crew to let them join.

I'll update this thread along the way, add more pairing/setting ideas as I come up with them, and disclose if any of the ones I've listed already are taken. Feel free to send me a message with your own ideas if you'd be interested in writing with me! ♡

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom