Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Break

Eternal Love

The Most Suspicious of Muffins
Local time
Today 8:08 PM
Pronouns
She/Her
We were both prisoners, trapped in a room in a seemingly abandoned mansion, held captive by my twin sister.

"Get away from me!" Emily screamed, making my ears ring as I grabbed her arms to keep her from hitting me, not that it would do much harm to me if she did. "Calm down, would you? I'm trying to make sure you don't starve!" I snapped, wincing at the intense burn in my throat. Holding her arms with one hand, I sank my fangs into my palm and held it close to her face. "You have to drink this. It's the only way you won't starve." I told her, my crimson eyes meeting her startled gaze. "Won't that make me a monster like you?" She asked. I flinched at her words. "No. It's more complicated than movies make it. My blood has regenerative properties. It will keep you from starving." I told her, doing my best to stay calm. It wasn't easy being so close to my only food source. I had been keeping my distance until I had begun to notice that she looked thinner.

"I don't want your nasty blood." She spat. "I know. But it's the only way you won't starve. You want to get out of here, don't you?" Emily was silent. I offered my palm closer to her, my glowing gaze focused on hers. She glared at me but reluctantly let me bring my palm to her lips. I tensed and shivered as she drank. "I'm going to find a way to get us out of here." I told her. "Promise..?" Emily asked when she was finished. "I promise."

Time had been blurring by. I slept most of the time to spare Emily from my hungry gaze. I slept the heaviest during the day. I assume that's when she slept, knowing I would not be able to go after her as I wouldn't wake until nightfall. And even during the night I slept. Sleep was a starving man's dinner after all. However, there were times that both of us were awake, breaks between day and night when I would be awake and waiting to fall asleep. I don't know how much time has passed since Emily was given to me. I had begun planning to figure a way for us to get out of this prison but my hunger made it difficult to think most of the time.

The breaks between day and night, dawn and dusk, became the time where Emily and I would chat. It had been her idea, which surprised me given the amount of hate she had shown me beforehand. It wasn't long before I began to enjoy our talks and look forward to them. Emily seemed to be more civil with me. Perhaps she realized I am a victim like her, that and I was likely her only chance at escape. The more we talked, the more I began to enjoy her company. Emily was actually a very nice girl. I wish I had met her under other circumstances. I think I'm developing feelings for her.

It was nearing dawn. I was woken by someone screaming my name. It was Emily's voice. My eyes snapped open and a jolted up, whipping my head around to find Emily tucked in a corner with my sister looming over her. I moved in a flash, lunging at my sister. She dodged my attack and I put myself between her and Emily. "Why haven't you eaten her?!" My sister snarled. I growled in response, baring my fangs as Emily cowered behind me. "I don't want to drink human blood." I hissed.

My sister's face twisted with anger and malice. "But you have to!" She shrieked. I narrowed my eyes at her. "No I don't. I don't and I won't." A cruel smile formed on my sister's face. "Well.. your little pet is bleeding. Let's see just how long you stay true to that statement. How long has it been since you last ate, dear brother? At least a couple months since I didn't feed you before I brought this wretch in." My sister said, crossing her arms over her chest and smirking at me.

I turned my head to look at Emily. Big mistake. My eyes widened as I saw her blood trickling down her arm from a bad scratch that my sister must have given her. The smell of it washed over me like a tidal wave. Oh god. I felt my mind begin to slip away from me as a hungry growl escaped my throat. I could hear my sister laughing. My clawed hand swiped through the air. Blood spurted into the air as I heard a surprised gasp. I lunged forward and sank my fangs into her neck, drinking down her blood greedily. I drank quickly, messily and even continued to try to get more sustenance out of the husk I had left behind. The smell of Emily's blood was still pungent in the air.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Marcus.. she's dead. You have to stop now.." It was Emily's voice. She sounded frightened. I released my sister's neck from my bite as I lifted my head to look at her. Clarity came rushing back to me. "Emily.." I murmured. Now was our chance for escape. I grabbed Emily, lifting her into my arms before taking off out the vile door we had been locked behind for so long. We were free! I ran as fast as I could with Emily in my arms and got as far away from the horrid mansion as I possibly could before setting her down.

I had stopped us on a cliff that looked over a city, crumbling to my knees as I panted from the run. I gazed at Emily. Even with the awful condition she was in, the day's first light made her look gorgeous. I smiled for the first time in a long time as I watched her calm down from the previous events and enjoy the fresh air. My time was waning. The sunlight would burn me to ash when it reached me. I didn't mind. Emily was free and I kept my promise. That was all that mattered.

Back
Top Bottom