Currently reading:
MxM Bridgerton Vibes

Thatch

Knight
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
Pronouns
He/him
I've been inspired by Bridgerton, what can I say guys?? Is anyone seeking something along these lines?

Twins, alike in every way. Chesnut brown hair, dazzling sapphire eyes, soft, feminine features graced to them by their mother. The only thing that would differentiate them was the chromosomes they had been given at birth. One girl, named Dhalia, a beautiful gem in an otherwise desolate town, just coming of age. The other, a boy, Declan. Alike to his sister in many ways, he took to reading novels, painting, playing piano. He too was coming of age, a time in a gentleman's life when he would begin plucking through the line of ladies of marrying age, picking out a wife to bring about another heir to keep the bloodline going.

This was the farthest thing from Declan's, mind. He dreamed of college, of parties, of being a rake for his entire life, to enjoy all the tastes the world had to offer. His sister Dhalia felt the same. She did not wish to be married off, forced to carry an heir, be more of a status symbol and a heavy dowry than truly a wife. Unfortunately, as the only children their parent's had, they both had their roles and were expected to play the part.

The fated 'beginning of the season' came around, and as it usually did, the of age girls were paraded through the town in extravagant frocks, dancing cards being filled, suitors sitting in tea rooms, bearing gifts, flowers, delicate jewelry. Everything that Dahlia despised. She was a woman of books, of knowledge in an ever-oppressing world. She did not take kindly to her days being filled with chaste flirting and suitors calling.

This is where Declan came into play. One day, his sister had 'taken ill' given her fake coughing and overexaggerated fainting as she was putting on her corset. With a day of important meetings, his mother, a widow whose fortune was running out, did the only thing she could do. Dressed her beloved son up to a convincing double of his sister so he could run her errands for the day.

The premise of this is, a twin brother dressing up like his sister falls in love with one of her suitors, YC. The idea is that YC would return the feelings and, despite living in a world where gay romance is looked against, they might keep up the charade while amongst company. I'm looking for something long term in this, a slow burn involving courtship, balls, followed by marriage. I really wanted to make this sweet, but of course NSFW things are on the table, I quite enjoy them actually! I'm on EST time and can reply Monday-Thursday. The speed of the replies can vary but I can guarantee at least 4 per week. I know that's a bit low but it can go up and down depending on how fast you move. My length depends on your own, but at the very least I ask that you provide at least semi-lit responses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom