Challenge Submission Criminally In Love

Legolass

Lady Leggy of the Red
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Yesterday 11:37 PM
Pronouns
She/Her/Witch

Sirens blared through the moonless night, police cars tearing through the streets of the city as two figures raced to escape. Helicopter lights shone down from above to reveal a man and a woman fleeing with a bag in their hands, hundred dollar bills fluttering from a tear in one.

"Damn that Manager! If we had shot him when we had the chance, he never would have been able to sound the alarm!" The woman screamed as they fled from under the light into a back alley and into a sewer as quickly as possible, making their way through the system.

"I realise that Gemini, but how was I supposed to know that the guy had a switch under the table?" The man asked, grabbing a flashlight from his belt and turning it on to reveal their surroundings. "I did the best I could with what I knew."

"I don't care, Virgil, we should have shot him and skedaddled with the money. Now the coppers are after us and we are no closer to our car than we were, to begin with!" The electric blue-haired woman said. "This was supposed to be easy, one last hit before we left and fled to another country to live like Kings. Now, we'll most likely end up going to jail." She continued.

The neon green-haired man sighed and took her hands, smiling at her as he rubbed the ring on her finger. "Hey, babydoll, remember our promise? Our motto? Repeat it to me, baby girl." He said to her and watched as the woman smiled and then smirked as she regained her confidence.

"They'll never take us alive." She said to him, laughing as they grabbed the money bags and continued their trek. Eventually, they made it the correct out and climbed up into the humid night, making their way silently to a car and breaking into it. Virgil silenced the alarm on it expertly as he climbed in and Gemini followed, cheering as they drove off once it had been hotwired. They drove through and eventually made it to the edge of the city where it was discovered that every exit had been blockaded by police cars. Left with no other choice, they stopped as a voice rang out on the megaphone for them to come out with their hands up.

The couple shared a look and slowly got out of their stolen car before walking to the front of it with their hands up, facing the several police officers.

"Come quietly. Put your weapons down and come forward."

Virgil and Gemini shared one look and then a passionate kiss before leaning their foreheads together. "They'll never take us..." Virgil said.

"Not alive." Gemini finished as they smiled at each other and aimed their weapons at the cops.

And all hell broke loose.

Breaking News
Horror on the streets of Clarity City late yesterday evening when the robbers and murderers of several banks and business owners and employees fled from the scene of their latest hit. Business owner Daniel Reed alerted police to their presence and forced them to abandon their escape plans in favour of something much more improvised. Gemini and Virgil Quentin were stopped at the city's outskirts by a police blockade that ended in a massive shootout and resulted in the deaths of the two criminals that sources say were still holding hands upon their deaths. Wakes and Funerals will be held separately, but the couple will be buried side by side in Serenity Gardens later this week.

Back
Top Bottom