Either Needed Cthulhu and Pirates and Mermaids, Oh My!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Cthulhu and Pirates and Mermaids, Oh My!

Malice

Goblin King
Local time
Today 4:52 PM
Pronouns
Your/Majesty
⛤[[WELCOME]]⛤
High Cas.-Adv | Pirates | Lovecraftian | Epic Sea Adventure

After chat did it's thing I came up with a rambly idea for a small group roleplay, so I thought I'd put up an actual RT and see what happens. Who knows, you might even be interested!

[[⛤⛤⛤]]
[[PLAYER RULES]]
Writes at a high casual to advanced level
Patient with replies
Willing to contribute to ongoing plot
Comfortable with mature themes
Not looking to write smut (that can be taken to a private 1x1 should it occur)

[[PLOT]]
People seem to keep going missing while out at sea; whatever causing it seems to be indiscriminate, taking vagabonds and aristocrats alike. Unfortunately, one of the latest victims is a fearsome pirate captain (or a captain's lover; whoever, someone important) leading the crew on a journey to find out what is going on. Eventually, they unearth the truth; mermaids, the monster sirens that they are, are leading people to their deaths.

The pirates are able to capture a mermaid; they want answers, and they want their captain back. They also very much want revenge. This is when the mermaid explains their kind are doing humanity a favour; they regularly make sacrifices to the Eldritch Gods, to keep the satiated, to stop them tearing through into the human realm and destroying the world.

Now the pirates have to make a choice; leave their captain unavenged, or find a way to end this reign and stop the Lovecraftian horrors beneath the ocean's surface?

[[⛤⛤⛤]]

Boss. 👍 We can totally write as just a small group (we have all done 1x1s together, soooo), or we can see if there's more interest? I'd be fine either way.

For groups (and gods do not feel inclined to listen to me) I like to cap at four or five max. Keeps the rotation small and the plot easier to keep track of. Less (main) characters involved while dispersing the responsibilities between writers.

I agree, smaller groups are preferable; three or four people is where I like to write in group scenarios.

If we want to do three, you're both phenomenal, if we want to do one more to round out, I am not opposed to being a little patient.

Back
Top Bottom