Currently reading:
Adopted Darkness, My Shelter

TextualTenacity

The Lion of Literacy
Local time
Today 7:42 PM
Pronouns
Fluid
Hi, I qrote this as an intro for an rp, but I'm feeling ghosted. I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone likes my writing and wants to start it up with me

With the dawning of the rifts, humanity fell from its supreme power. Demonic hordes emerged from these dark portals pillaging Earth's fertile lands. Though the might of the human empires banded together to defend themselves, their combined might proved inadequate to stem the raging tide. When it seemed the world reached its end, something strange happened. The moon turned red, as though coated in fresh blood, and pulses of inconceivable power crashed into the planet. The Awakening, as it's known, closed the rifts, and incinerated most of the invaders. Those that survived flocked to the dormant portals within the once great human cities, trying to revitalize their waning powers. Infighting, blood feuds, and general loathing of one another brought these villains to the point of extinction.

The Calm Times, as the surviving humans called it, allowed the mortal realm to exist in a state of hibernation. Small communities formed near the ruins of the past. However, the people who lived there didn't venture inside, as they couldn't withstand the darkness within. Over the years, individuals emerged with powers that rivaled the Fallen. These brave men and women learned to control their inner darkness to combat the evils still lurking in the world. Known as Djinn, these warriors left their communities behind and struck out into the cities to reclaim the losses of their ancestors. Something deep in their psyches draws these beings to confront evil, and consume the energy left behind by their prey. They seek to restore humanity to its rightful place, but can rebirth come from darkness?

Faust drove hard against the vampiric foes that surrounded him. His silver blade cleaved flesh and tore the vile creatures asunder. He wanted to draw them in without making his intentions obvious. Within his chest, a small seed of power grew. The more the vampires wanted him, the more they fed that seed. Soon, they'd help unlock his true abilities, and with them he'd consume these foes and strengthen his bond with his magics.

The largest vampire raced froward, but retreated when Faust's blade opened a gash in its chest. Coagulated blood dripped from the fresh wound as the creature withdrew. Though it hung back, it didn't leave the fray. In an instant, the other vampires fell upon Faust. The first lost an arm for its trouble, but the other found an opening in his guard and stripped him of his silver blade. The clatter of the metal as it bounced upon stone emboldened the wounded vampires. All three of them charged, forcing Faust to fall back toward a small alley. The thin gap between the ruinous buildings made it impossible for the vampires to swarm him. So, they followed him in a narrow line, battling for the lead, trying to push past the others and taste his flesh first. Their bloodlust fueled them and enriched the power building within his chest.

When he reached the alley's other side, Faust turned and ran with all his speed. The vampires followed him, baying for blood and swiping their taloned hands at his form; ribbons of his coat fell, but his flesh remained intact. Then, as quickly as he began his flight, he turned and threw his arms out to the sides. "Taste my vengeance."

The vampires drew up short as they fled from the tendrils of black smoke that emerged from Faust's body. Each creature moved in slow motion, picking a different direction, hoping they'd escape the wrath of the Djinn. However, the tendrils lashed out in all directions, sinking into the backs of the fleeing creatures. They each cast their eyes skyward and released a howl of pain. Their voices faded, leaving Faust to revel in the echoing silence. A grin came to his face as the once full forms of his vampiric foes grew smaller. Emaciated husks of once full-figured bodies fell to the ground, their essences now swirling through the smoke and into Faust's very soul. As the smoke dissipated, he released a small burp. "Excuse me."

Having finished his meal, Faust moved toward the alley. Once he passed beyond its claustrophobic boundaries, he found his lost weapon and bent to retrieve it. A soft sound caused him to freeze. The subtle noise echoed in the surrounding darkness, and he cursed his rotten luck. Even with the power he gained from his vampiric meal, that which emanated from his invisible stalker dwarfed his own. His only hope for survival was the blade at his feet. As he began to lower himself again, his eyes remained fixed on the darkness. "I've just eaten, and I'm not in the mood for dessert. Walk away, this is your only warning."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom