MxF Down the rabbit hole... Again?

Currently reading:
MxF Down the rabbit hole... Again?

Wordcount

Master of pointless
Local time
Today 12:41 PM
So you've decided to chase down the rabbit hole? What will you find?

1. Who am I?

I'm a writer in just past the 40 mark, time sire goes by, my native tongue is not English so you have been warned, though I do alright. I have been writing for a little while, ten, twelve years give or take, I started late. I post from Europe so large timezone differences will be at play with some of you. I'm friendly, I can chat outside of the roleplay, I'm not going to disappear without letting you know.

2. What am I looking for?

I want a story, the setting can be real life or sci-fi, I can do low fantasy too but I rather not, it really depends on the hook. I want good banter, a few scenes with multiple characters, a core character arc for our mains, as well as a good overarching narrative with a satisfying conclusion. Can be bitter sweet by the end, just as long as we keep communicating so things find a natural end.

3. What can you expect?

A post hopefully daily but can't commit. Nothing on weekends for sure. The length of said post depends on what the story demands. I know people who write long gorgeous posts, I can't do that. I also know that quantity, does not always mean quality. So hopefully we can land on quality. OOC is fine, I'm active if I can, but it depends on many factors.

3. Spice

Short answer is no, so the more you know. The long answer is, I feel we can create stories that are engaging and fun, sparks can fly off our characters without the need to spicy stuff. That said, if our characters mesh really well, and if somehow the plot really goes in a way that it should, then it's a maybe.

4. Plots

I don't have much here, will have more as I see fit.

#1 The timeless order

In 3XXX, the universe is the playground for the wild west all over again. Humans rose beyond their limited planned and encountered other habitable places and races, leeching of each other horizons were expanded, technology refined and it discovered forces hidden around everyone. Magic?

Technology harnessed magical forces, allowing users of gauntlets created by this new tech to use magic as a weapon. However the resources to power up these devices required a rare resource, arcanite stones, that has since become a major sought good, highly regulated. This is a breathing ground for powerful companies, galactic criminal empires and all kinds of brave souls to go all out in the quest to fame and glory.

In the middle of this, your character, working as an archeologist, has laid her eyes on an old tablet that suggests, that there is more to magic that they know. It suggests an order of people have been actively keeping magic a secret from everyone, but your character feels that she just found a breadcrumb to follow. However, without anyone believing her claims, she flies to outlaw infested space, in search of her next clue.

My character, a down on his luck captain of a ship, run along with a crew of eclectic members, a drow, a catfolk, a dwarf and a shade. Need to grasp at any straw to pay up a debt after they lost a cargo of a notorious gang lord. Even if it means, taking advantage of a naive archeologist, that has invested all her savings into a wild goose chase, and take her along the journey.

This is more fleshed out, but I also don't want to lock everything into place so, reach out.

#2 The doorkeeper

This is set in present time, but not our reality, while on the surface nothing really changes, underneath and in the shadows there is plenty at play.

For your character this flies over her head, in fact, I'm non specific here because of that. All she likes to do in her free time is visit the old timey library a few blocks away from the college she attends. There, a lone librarian/store owner runs the place with a grumpy mood, my character, but she found a way into his iron heart. At least she can have a conversation and she always found thar the outside personality didn't match the real librarian.

Because she's too smart for her own good, she also wondered how a place with so little clientele managed to stay aflot in this town. Maybe he was just bleeding money but this was a passion project. Although at times, some people came in with whom he'd be pleasant, or tolerable. Also she could swear the place would be closed at odd hours and then all the sudden he opened it. She began noticing patterns too.

Her life was more than this, she was young and she mostly studied. There's the odd party here and there. However she kept thinking of the librarian, more than she should. He was probably almost twice her age, she didn't know. There was this hint of mystery that keep drawing her in, and he could be sweet when je wanted.

Ultimately it's a romance, but because I like stories I have to make it complicated, so there is this hint of supernatural/magical side to it all. I could see playing off the party scenes with side characters, and all of that to narrow down that the two have feelings for each other. The more they spend time apart the more it becomes clear, but there's going to be sand in the clockworks for sure.

5. Conclusion

Honestly I don't know if I'm back to stay. Depends, depends, depends. However, hit me up, let's talk, peek my interest if I jave peeked yours. Also... As a side note, I have past work, you can look at it, but it comes from a place and time I don't see myself as anymore. That said, I'm out.

W.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom