Either Needed Drakhenfell (Classic Vampire Roleplay)

Currently reading:
Either Needed Drakhenfell (Classic Vampire Roleplay)

OctoberUndead

Dreamscape
Local time
Today 6:03 PM
Pronouns
he/him
Setting
This role play is intended to and is allowed very dark themes.
The purpose of this roleplay is to have a nice classic vampire roleplay I can invest my time in, that has a slight twist of my own creative touch, and perhaps even yours.
The setting is in the time period of the classic Castlevania in the Victorian Era when England's lands stretched impossibly far and new technologies are being invented and experimented with, morals are questionable. The nobles feast well, the middle-class live in a reasonable comfort and at the bottom are the unsupervised villages living in squalor with the homeless populace resorting to eating vermin and scraps.
The location is set in a large forest a solid few miles from the main city of Goldenarch. A fairly large city and one of the cities most effected by the fear of the presence of vampires. It's a bustling city, the royal and nobles who run it are corrupt, they choose without care to become fat from their decadence before they start sending food down the hierarchy. The locals are aggressive towards vampires, and if vampire activity stirs it is fairly common for the local populace to jump straight to forming mobs and hunting vampires down. There has been known by people and vampire alike that vampire hunters also roam the town and forests trying to pick up on vampire activity.

The Vampire houses are a series of castles set each within about a quarter of a mile from each other, with a thick forest in between them. It is easy to navigate form Vampires, but well hidden from others. The castles aren't as dark and edgy as one might expect. It does have a gothic theme but the vampires take their time to properly structure and furnish the halls and courts of this castle in a visually appealing and ornate manner. Between each castle house are a few locations design to provide peace and meditation to vampires, these places are various ponds. benches, buildings, and various walk-ways. The vast forests nearby, populated by plenty of wildlife and even some more terrifying and formidable monsters of the night.There is a great conference room for important decisions of the houses, rooms to accommodate every vampire, with varying levels of luxury based off of your position in the hierarchy. There are rooms for every purpose of training vampires indulge. Combat training rooms, sparring arenas, magic libraries where vampires can channel their connections to magic, kitchens and smithies and all the like. The castle has a an enchantment that makes it much harder to find by passerbys and hunters.

Kiss of Life
(Info About Vampires)

The Vampires story is not simple - but ancient. This powerful immortal bloodline dates back to to even before Egypt, the intricacies of vampire life and it's age is unknown to the human world. To them vampires are just blood-thirsty savages. Though they may be sort of right, it is a trait that the humans set upon vampires themselves. Many vampires have lost things they greatly care for to angry mobs, vampire slayers, and "valiant" warriors.

Vampires live in various mansions,castles, and settlements long forgotten or built from the ground up by the vampires themselves. They keep themselves in pockets of society least tread upon, in a housing system designed to give vampires a comfortable and eternal home. See now, vampires really just want nothing but to be left alone, truly they wish to feed steadily and healthily, and enjoy the company of their own kind. However, the human race is persistent on their extinction, forcing vampires to remain sharp in their skills. Though vampires are superior in their abilities to human people, they are very numerous however, and can be clever. The vampire race has spent much of their time stuck in constant survival against the humans. Vampires have been forced to use their every advantage for thousands and thousands of years. Vampires are exceptionally refined people, as soon as they can they are trained in diplomacy, deception, combat, and subterfuge. In addition to these skills they also find the time to indulge in refined hobbies. Vampires are known to catch on to skills quickly, they create some of the finest wine, weapons, food. Some even write some of the best and most captivating stories.

Vampires also have a natural affinity for magic, though not all use it much. Some delve into various magic types and forms. The most powerful vampire casters can cast spells of considerable destruction, pain, and darkness. They can spend their time creating monsters by utilizing corpses they can imbue with enchantments and curses. Vampires are naturally stronger, and faster, and have a natural and slight resistance to magic. They are smarter than a human, and immortal. However not too many have been there for too long or earned the title of ancient, for vampires are almost all too often killed off, ancients stay at the top of society.

The Hierarchy
There are three houses, things like supplies and food are run independently between houses, each help to discuss and create rules and regulations, and decision that lead the houses forward.

House of Drakhenfell

The main one is Castle Drakhenfell. This is powerhouse that has the most say in the law, some of the strongest vampires belong to this one, or the ones seen as the most noble, with some sort of connection or relation to ancient vampire royals and champions.
Ruled by the grand vampire Titus Drakhenfell, who runs these three vampire houses with a firm grip and a cold gaze. This house focuses on training vampires apart of it in combat and hand-to-hand fighting, for combat is a ancient and noble vampire skill, and generates massive respect. It is the wealthiest house, and the largest, the other houses often feud and protest it's power, but seldom take any real action against it. This houses castle looks is truly imperial, with a larger walled in area than the others to make room for training grounds and serves as a royal palace for Titus Drakhenfell.

House of the Dahlia
This is the house of true magic and sorcery. This is where the powerful casters go, vampires with a affinity for magic that stands out. This is the most morally in touch house, and the most strict in it's discipline. Magic is formidable, and both houses make sure it's practices are being kept safe. They don't want to draw the attention of humans to the houses, and magic is one of the strongest detectable vampire abilities by Vampire Hunters with the ability to detect it. This house is also the one that creates monsters, for that is a branch of magic. This house is the most visually stunning, vines crawl up it, streams trickle but it's sides and through it, vibrant moss and large assortments and rows of flowers line many of the walls, doors, statues, and roofs. Creating the right environment is seen to be very important for the spellcasters, a clear and tranquil mind makes casting spells easier. House of the Dahlia mages are strongest in their own castle.

House of the Thorn
This is the house of subterfuge, assassins, secrecy, and plans. Vampires here are the fastest and the most cunning, and utilize natural-born abilities that are the reason they are on this house. The Abilities vary, from being able to remain invisible, turn into a bat or other animals. Combat is trained in this house as well, a different type, faster and more agile, focused on surprising the enemy. The greatest plans of the vampires take place here. Sometimes they send the best assassins to take down political officials in the cities to quell their animosity and ease vampire aggression. They've even spied on other houses for other houses to give any info they suspect the others might be hiding. This houses castle looks the smallest, and the most unassuming. This is because the majority of their castle is underground, their are many halls and crawl-ways, some libraries, obstacle courses, and candle-lit rooms for the meditation every House of the Thorn assassin must partake in.

Creating your Vampire
I would very much love to see a character sheet and a picture of your character, use real people please, if the art is close enough to looking like a real life person you may use it.
Positions
Leader: They are the main voice of the house, the strongest of the house, and the houses leader, whether it be by fear, respect, or trust.
Arcs: Known as Arcs, they regulate what happens in the house, helping to make decisions, and regulating it via regular check ups, they are also some of the strongest. They lead important expeditions with the royals.
Royals: Royals are their best and most trusted members, they are only sometimes invited to conferences to help with decisions. They train other weaker vampires, while also furthering their own skills. They make up the backbone of the houses and they execute the plans of the higher ups.
Vassals: Lowest, and weaker than their higher ups. Vampires here make up the rank-and-file workers. They are often Vampire vassals, which are inherently weaker versions of vampires. But there have been vassals who have risen to power before...

Drakhenfell:
Leader
: Ancient Titus Drakhenfell
Arcs: (2)
Royals: (2 left) Ronin Drakhenfell
Vassals: (Unlimited)
Thorn:
Leader: (1)
Royals: (3)
Dahlia:
Leader: (1)
Royals: (3)

Human Characters:
(Unlimited) Civilian:
This character can be anything, a baker, a businessman, a soldier, a hunter.
(2) Vampire Hunters: Vampire Hunters are truly feared by vampires for they take advantage of every weakness a vampire has. Even more than that however, they are devoted tricksters, their cunning keeps even some Arcs on their feet. Some vampire and witch hunters even have some form of magical enhancement, making them stronger, or giving them some form of other ability.

Important! Be FAIR of course.

Name:
House:
Hierarchy: (What is your position of power)
Age: This could also be to determine a vampires strength. Royals could be up to a thousand and vassals can be a couple hundred years old to being even just twenty, their looks to not deteriorate. Arcs and Leaders can be thousands upon thousands of years old if you want.
Personality:
Looks: (Picture with a description for filler detail, tattoos, scars, interesting cosmetic vampire trait like black eyes, cat eyes, etc.)
Combat Skill: (What keeps this vampire alive, and based off what house you're in, state your weapon, magic, combat preferences etc.)
Magic: (Only if in House of the Dahlia)
Types of magic and descriptions:
Corpse Forging: You utilize magic to create monsters based of the corpse and power of the spells. Creatures made must be approved by higher ups.
Tree of Shadows: (Up to interpretation.)
Tree of Flames: (Up to interpretation.)
Tree of Curses and Withcraft: (Up to interpretation)
Any ideas for a spell tree, discuss with me.

History/Backstory: (Whether you were bitten and incorporated into the houses or you are from a lineage or vampire family. How did you find this community of vampire houses.)
Skillset: Any other hobbies their good at?
(Any other categories you want to add can be added, I will take a look at each character made.)
(I will be posting my characters once interest has been shown in this by at least one person.)
(I would prefer to at least have five people to begin.)

Wow, count me in as very interested. I would love to join in, if you would have me

Of course! A good bit of lore AND vampires? How could I not be interested? I'll be sure to get my character sheet up by midnight EST

Question though, as I was thinking about the leader role for the House of the Dahlia; could you be able to clear up the meaning of the "spell trees" and elaborate on that idea? I just want to be sure of what you were going for so I could stick to that

They are just different types magic people can cast, different forms of magic I guess. Kind of like how benders from the world of Avatar have different types of bending, there are different types and forms of magic people are born with. This would entail I suppose that there are different classes and rooms to practice different forms of magic. Some vampires can have and do more than one type of magic, especially a leader of the Dahlia house would likely know two or even three trees of magic.

Not sure if that answered your question but I did try to elaborate.

I am also very interested and would love to be an Arcs in Dahlia. I'm still new to this forum so where do I create a character sheet? Also what do you think about a tree of life. We are vampires and feed off life force? It would be like dark druids, very akin to the animal kingdoms, using nature to heal wounds and the natural order of things. Because damn humans keep chopping down forests!

I'd totally be down. Big fan of World of Darkness, and this sounds like a light version of that. You still have spots open for vampire hunters?

Guys I am so sorry it has taken me forever to respond! Because of Covid-19 my work hours have been sent through the roof because most the people who work there have been quarantined. If you're not still interested that's okay! But if you are let me know!

Strought that does sound like a good idea! You can certainly be a Dahlia Arc. That does sound like a good idea too! You can just make one on this thread if you'd like.

Thundahmoose, yes there is room for a vampire hunter.

Ancient Vampire Titus Harkon Drakhenfell
[IMG]

House: Drakhenfell
Hierarchy: Leader
Personality: Titus is cold and collected, stern, sometimes cruel. He has experienced a lot, and it has tempered him. He is geared towards the survival of the three houses and will do anything to conserve his legacy. Almost tyrannical in his leadership as the strongest vampire, with no known equal. He speaks his mind strictly, and is not afraid to showcase his power to intimidate others. It's as if his experience and power has given him a god complex. He is never short tempered, all his actions and decisions are implemented with calculation.
Looks: This vampire is rugged, brows perpetually furrowed into a scowl. His eyes are human-like, however dark red and dim, staring beams at others from underneath his dark scowl, his hair is long and slightly unkempt, for he has nothing to prove with his looks that he can't prove with his power. His form is stocky and intimidating, it commands respect.
Combat Skill: This man is deadly in melee, wielding a greatsword with both power and agility. And is even formidable in some magic, making even spellcasting vampires reluctant to speak out of turn.
Magic Type: Flame, able to cast formidable and adept spells of destruction and burning.
History/Backstory: This vampire belongs to a long line of powerful vampires. Believe it or not he is the most forgiving and caring of all of them, the others sought power, Titus seeks to bring vampires the best chance of survival, and keeps thought of all vampires that pledge their loyalty to him. Life is hard as a vampire, especially an ancient one, he overthrew his father and faced wave after wave of humans trying to topple him, surviving every time. This has made him bitter and cold, these experiences were none-the-less terrifying and stressful, even to a powerful vampire. After a castle of his was overrun by humans - the humans killing off his wife Isabelle Drakhenfell - he lead a migration to here, Goldenarch and it's lands to start life anew, and has been thriving since. However he is growing tyrannical, it has been known that the older a vampire gets, they become more out of touch with their goals. His obsession with their survival and his power has grown toxic, there are rumors around the houses of a rebellion...or some sort of plan for a new leader. He ignores it, and makes sure to keep the houses under his control, and restricts the decision making of the others.
Skillset: Titus has learned many skills over his years. He has an astute knowledge of many crafts, from smithing to wine making.
(This character is mostly a plot device)

Ronin Eshin Drakhenfell
[IMG]

House: Drakhenfell
Hierarchy: Royal
Personality: Almost equally as cold and stern-nature as his father Titus. Being trained under him as made him equally as calculated and decisive. When it comes down to business, his father has taught him well, and instilled into his psyche the same habits and traits for survival. The difference between the two in how they handle combat and business is uncanny. However he has always be known to be more caring and considerate of other vampires than his father. There was a time his father cared more about individual lives of the vampires, but has since lost touch. Titus' son figures someone with royal vampire blood should care and protect the vampires of the houses, it should be him. However he is a bit of a hothead, the frustration of dealing with his fathers strict and manipulative parenting style has made him more bitter and agitated.
Looks: Inheriting his mothers genes, Ronin has gleaming white hair, the men of the Drakhenfell bloodline known for being more unprofessional visually, has long slightly messy hair, often partially tied back into a ponytail of sorts. Not as stocky and built as his father, however his body is still sculpted and hardened to the elements. Tall at 6'4''. His eyes are brighter and golden, another trait from his mother, rather than his father. But still kept under a natural stone brow, peering at others from dim sockets.
Combat Skill: An exemplary professional with a longsword, not quite on par with an arc, but being trained by the best (being his father) has put him ahead of the game in terms of royals. This while being able to incorporate martial-arts-like form of fighting created by vampires, vampires specifically in his lineage that involved some quick strikes and even grappling and throwing his enemy around. However did not inherit a magical ability from his father.
History/Backstory: He grew up with his father and mother, both equal parts loving and stern. He lived in what used to be castle Drakhenfell until a city nearby sent a large enough force to cause them to have to abandon the castle entirely before coming to where he lives now. His mother died in that battle, causing to him to grow further resentful of humans, and even more protective over people he cares about. His father only grew more cold and withdrawn after that. Life has been rough for him since that dreaded day. The childhood he had and relationship he used to have with his family are gone. It seems now him and his father are just partners working together to survive against the humans.
(This is my actual character.)

Would it fit to have a vampire hunter in the employ of the houses? Perhaps they use him to deal with troublemakers among their kin while also using him as an informant to keep an eye on the main organization of hunters or to misdirect his fellows. In exchange, he gets free passage through their lands and they use their magic to extend his lifespan. I was also thinking he'd have his own form of magic utilizing the power of the sun against vampires and other unholy creatures.

I'd love to join this lovely interesting role-play. It is possible that you'd have an opening? I do have some characters of my own that would be completely perfect for this setup. If you'll allow, Please message me or reply. This is super interesting!

I love this thread! Not overwhelming yet straight to the point with lore might I add, and very organized! I love the different houses! I will make a character sheet request and PM it over. Great job on this!

Back
Top Bottom