Closed Dungeons and Dragons (Beginners Welcome!)

Currently reading:
Closed Dungeons and Dragons (Beginners Welcome!)

Lochem

The Lazy Dragon
Staff member
Sanctum Master
Local time
Today 8:41 AM
Driven from lands farther north by more powerful dragons, a young white dragon named Cryovain has descended upon the Sword Mountains, claiming the snow-capped range as its domain. Typical of its kind, Cryovain is dim-witted and cruel. The dragon patrols the skies around Icespire Peak, surveying its territory while hunting for food and easy treasure. With each passing day, the dragon's domain grows as it ranges farther across the land, preying on anything it can catch with its claws or freeze to death with its icy breath. Sightings of the dragon are becoming more common, as are its attacks.

A crumbling fortress on the northeast spur of Icespire Peak serves as the dragon's lair. Cryovain seized the icy fortress from a tribe of savage orcs, killing the orc war chief and forcing the tribe's survivors to flee into the foothills and forests. Enraged by the death of their war chief, the orcs have called upon ancient allies — evil, shapechanging, half-orc spellcasters who bless and advise them. These half-orcs worship Talos, an evil god of storms, and many dwell in the dark depths of Neverwinter Wood. In stormy weather, they gather on remote hilltops to summon Gorthok the Thunder Boar, a primal entity that serves Talos. Like the god it serves, Gorthok delights in destruction.

The orcs aren't the only creatures thrown into upheaval by Cryovain's sudden arrival. A manticore driven from its mountaintop nest by the roaming white dragon has migrated to the foothills and begun terrorizing folk living on the outskirts of the mining town of Phandalin. Other monsters in the region have been similarly displaced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello adventurer!
I am looking at starting up a monthly D&D 5E game here on the Inner Sanctum! We will play for a handful of hours Saturday or Sunday evening (EST) and will have slightly simplified rules. The game will be played over chat in a separate room from general chat. New players are more than welcome to join! So don't be discouraged if you have no idea how to play!

If you are interested in playing, shoot me a PM with your experience with D&D (if any), what you hope to get out of it/what you look forward to most, and your time zone.

Keep in mind, that as Dungeon Master (DM), I work on keeping a fair table and keep things moving smoothly. This isn't me against you, as DM I am only a narrator/referee and I am here to help you have fun!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I am always up to discussing D&D!
And if you want to learn a bit about D&D, this link will teach you to play pretty well.
Start Your D&D Adventure!

Oh! Last thing! I will leave the post up until 7/28 and I am looking for 4-6 players.

Last edited:
Looks like I need 2-3 more players. If you are interested please PM me. Keep in mind this will be played live once a month.

Back
Top Bottom