Either Needed Echoes in the Desert [ooc]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Echoes in the Desert [ooc]

Stoney II

♠ Stoney Skellington ♠
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:52 PM
Interest check! Here's the story! If you're interested then let me know. Will fill out in depth details and other info if anyone is interested!

Looking for 3 others!
———————————

The world is still relatively new. It's inhabitants live and dwell in peace on a super-continent lush and green, prospering, and expanding. There is one area of the continent covered in a vast desert that none have dared to traverse. Some for fear, others think it unnecessary - but that is beginning to all change.

Ferocious beasts, monstrosities, creatures of tall tales and nightmares have begun to show themselves. All seem in agreement the desert is hiding the source of these monsters.

A band of four is formed from the most skilled members of society from each of the corners of the world - North, East, South, and West. They are tasked with traveling through the harsh desert in search of the Source in hopes of destroying it and putting an end to the nightmares it holds within.

Story so far:
The world of Edemirror is still fairly young yet it is prosperous. The Human inhabitants have learned to work the land and harvest the numerous bounties it holds. They build using materials harvested and produced from nature. Prosperity at its peak. Societies flourished on all corners of the land, a vast super-continent known as Edem, and life was lived in relative peace. It wasn't until the recent sightings and disappearances that life began to change for all Edemans. Ferocious, terrible, vile monsters began to show themselves all over Edem. Wicked beasts of tooth, fang, and whispers of some even with wings. And a rash of disappearances of Edemans of all ages and all corners of the land.

The four largest and most prosperous societies on Edem came together in order to seek out the source of these monstrosities and eradicate it. All eyes, as of late, have been pointing to the vast desert that lies within Edem's center - that still remains untraveled and unknown. The societies decided upon choosing one person from each to represent them and the four corners of the land - North, South, East, and West. It would be this group's mission to, in essence, bring back information on these monsters.. or exterminate them. The ladder being preferred.

These four would be furnished with everything they could possibly ever need or ask for by each of the societies in order to complete their journey.

What I Need:
I'm looking for THREE others who would be interested in playing a role in this. I will let you all choose which direction you wish to represent and am currently writing up a bit of background info on the four societies and what not so you will have a bit of an idea for character creation. There will be a posting order based on who completes their character sheets first and I will be playing a single character as well as GMing and pushing key story elements along.

Extra Info:
This is a low magic setting. "Magic" will more or less be translated into "Miracles" or actions seen as divine based on the characters involved. I will be posting a small bit of background information on religion, miracles, and how it all plays into the rp.

Your character will be Human. However they can look any way that you please. I would also like to have maybe a single or two paragraph bio added for each character as well just to add that extra depth to play off of - but I'll most likely add that into the CS.

Info on Religion
Those from the Northern regions of Edem are called the Odra, and their patron deity is the Goddess Padda. Padda is depicted as a light-skinned female with majestic wings of silver. She is believed by the Odra people to carry the souls of the deceased to their final resting places. She is prayed to for everything from protection to guidance and wisdom.

Those hailing from the Eastern lands call themselves the Adan people, and believe in their God they call Dideon. Dideon is depicted as a weathered man carrying a circle shield and long sword and clad in studded leathers. He is prayed to mostly for courage and bravery in battle and in every day life. It is believed those who fall in battle will feast and indulge in spirits for eternity at Dideon's side.

The Southern Mora people worship the God Sadro. Sadro is known as the tree God to the Mora people as they have an affinity for all things natural and wild. They believe the land and it's vegetation and creatures are sacred and holy and that Sadro is the supreme caretaker and protector of it. The Mora people are the only people known to create totems and idols dedicated to Sadro for worship purposes.

The Western folk known as the Idro believe strongly in a divine being, mostly depicted as a female, named Mis. Mis is known as the Eternal Mother to the Idro. They believe Edemirror and all within were birthed from Mis and that all are connected spiritually as a single entity. Their beliefs in family and the prosperity of the Idro people are very strong and they do not hesitate to try and convert those they meet to turning to the Eternal Mother for protection and guidance in life.

Character Sheet:

Full Name:

Representing: (North, South, East, West)

Appearance: (Text or Pic)

Short Bio: (1 full paragraph min)

Special Skill: (A single skill that sets you apart from the others / maybe the reason why your people chose your character)

Other Skills:

Main Weapons/Armor/Equip: (What you have and descriptions / also remember you are being given whatever you need by your chosen region - go all out as much as you want with it, within reason)

Religious: (Yes, No, and if yes what are your beliefs or do you follow the main religion of your region / also add if you believe in any sort of miracles from these deities in any way)

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED PLEASE POST HERE NOW. I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON SOME BACKGROUND INFORMATION AS WELL AS A CS TEMPLATE. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I might be interested. How active do you need people to be? Any preferences for writing quantity or level of violence?

At least a post a day to keep it rolling. A single, full paragraph, minimum. Gore and everything else will be in this rp. So there's that. :)

Added a bit of info on the main religions of the regions of Edem. The deities rather. Still writing up a CS and a bit more information. Will tag those interested when completed!

Also you all will get to pick first. My character will be from whichever region is left over!

CS is up at the top. Post them here when you have completed them and I'll look em over!

Full Name: Robyn Hart

Representing: (North, South, East, West) East, but I'm flexible if someone else wants that

Appearance: Red, wavy hair she leaves loose to cover up some scars on her left side. She has burn scars on her neck and chin. Pale skin. Her eyes are a bright green. She has multiple other scars along her body from years of fighting,including a clean, thin line across her neck. There's an unfinished tattoo of a bird that appears to be covering up an old one on the back of her right shoulder. She's 5'7" and toned but not muscular.

6mYEF7ELc2nebZ6FrlFGvyaK8S8gRPMXPyP0RRrlm88877IDlp2eAguGsvgx7tVMCqEL22R59c-xyFgLg0Wi8gQWJGPkU6rJJQw-P8-AMp8upBuVHQ0pBgzCm_hExO8nz9rtOwkQ

Short Bio: Robyn was orphaned at a young age by a fire that left her scarred on her left side. She left the overcrowded orphanage as a young teen and eventually became a member of a smallish gang known as the Razors. She climbed through the ranks, but fell in love with a healer named Sashi. They planned to leave their pasts behind and run away together, but Robyn was caught in a dispute with a rival gang. They demanded weapons they claimed the Razors had stolen from them, or they'd have Robyn's life. The Razors refused, but Sashi brought them to their enemy in order to save her love. The second in command ordered the two dead for their betrayal. Sashi died from her wounds but Robyn survived.

Her grief quickly turned to anger, and after disposing of the man who ordered her dead,she hired herself out as a freelance merc, killing for the highest bidder.

As it turns out, killing for outlandish amounts of money involved politics, and she was caught on her way to off a certain duke. In exchange for her life, she's been tasked with aiding in solving the problem in the desert.

Robyn has a sharp tongue, a short temper as fiery as her hair, and impulsive to boot. She can be rude, coarse, and frankly kind of an asshole. She's the epitome of "doesn't work well with others" If, by some miracle, her teammates grow on her, they'll have a loyal ally who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and works well under the pressure of battle.

Special Skill: Robyn is an accomplished mercenary, an expert at killing whether it be man or beast.

Other Skills: Robyn started out as a pickpocket and worked her way up to thief and eventually mercenary. She knows how to move quietly through the shadows without being noticed.She has a minimal knowledge of medicine, just enough to patch herself up. Robyn is scrappy and fights dirty. She can actually be a decent strategist when her temper doesn't get in the way.

Main Weapons/Armor/Equip: A short sword, dagger, and roughly a dozen throwing knives. She has basic studded leather armor. ((I'm bad at this part so let me know if I should change stuff))

Religious: No, but she knows the stories from her region. She's skeptical to credit anything to a deity but if a miracle slapped her in the face she might grudgingly admit it.

Let me know if I should change anything to better fit the rp!

Alrighty then. Looks good to me! I think Robyn sounds quite fitting, as does her story, coming from the East. Welcome to the RP! Just waiting on another CS and one more person to express interest and post a CS and we'll get this thing rolling!

A wee bump, still looking for one or two more interested parties for this RP! <3

North, South, and West are available!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mia
Count me in!!!!

Character Sheet:

Full Name: Sinuhe Harlequine

Representing: South

Appearance:

Height: 6'3
Weight: 210lbs
Eyes: Dark Green

Short Bio: Sinuhe was born in the Fercam Wilds region of the great forested Southlands. The Fercam people are believed to be the first human settlers in the south, and are widely known and respected for their bowcraft and furniture making skills. These people still live a somewhat primitive lifestyle, which is why they were called upon to send someone from their clan to represent the Southern Region in this ever important mission.
An experienced hunter and trapper, Sinuhe was perfect for the job.

As a child, Sinuhe was always running off into the woods to study how all of the wild things lived and survived. Sometimes, even hiding himself in burrows and caves and living like they did. To gain a complete understanding, and respect, for the animals he hunted for meat and pelts. During trapping season, Sinuhe's father, Willow, took him on long hunts setting trap lines, and following the hunting dog packs. Training him to be the foremost producer of animal pelts, hides, and meat in the South.
Too old to go on the mission, himself, Willow has sent his son off with his blessing and that of Sadro. For he knows that, for all things, Sadro will provide.

Special Skill: Tracking/hunting. Man or beast, Sinuhe will hunt it down.

Other Skills: With his extensive knowledge of plants and herbs, Sinuhe is skilled in healing arts.
Ranged Weapons. Bowmaking/Fletching. Hand to Hand Combat/Southern Martial Arts.

Main Weapons/Armor/Equip: 54"Osage Recurve Bow. 68"Red Oak Longbow. Elkhorn and Red Cedar Crossbow. Set of diamond and steel karambit. 72" Mahogony walking stick headed with a 12" iron, double-edged, blade. Bush Machete. Garrote Wire. Pair of Hunga Munga (three-bladed throwing weapon). Gardening Hoe. 29" Steel Talwar Sword and scabbard. Assorted daggers. Assorted small gardening and woodworking tools.
Forest dwellers who live off of the land and are not often sent off to war, Southerners tend to stick to light, leather, armor.

Religious: Yes. Sinuhe is a devout worshiper of Sadro who adheres to all of his people's religious holidays and observances. He eats a mostly vegetarian diet, partaking in meats only during trapping seasons, and offers a sacrifice to Sadro each growing/hunting season.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I need to add any more information.

Full Name: Mercy Montenegro

Representing: North

Appearance: Ice blue eyes and coal black hair. She stands at 5'11" and 150lbs of pure muscle.

Short Bio: She left her village at a young age, following her mentor, Erenthir. She doesn't remember much about her family and her entire life was training. Erenthir bestowed upon the wisdom of sword and shield. She is a woman of her temple. She's calm and collected, calculating and quiet. She'd much rather observe than participate and does will with authority. She's loyal and a protector. (There's not a lot of history to her, it's something I hope to discover more if with time if that's all right.) Her flaw is her unwillingness to deviate from a plan or break rules.

Special Skill: She's resilient. She can take a hit and keep moving.

Other Skills: She is a survivalist. An excellent hunter.

Main Weapons/Armor/Equip: Heavy armor that covers everything except for her eyes. She wears a hooded black cloak that flows down to her knees. She carries a bow, but only uses it to hunt for food. Her long sword is her main weapon, though she hasn't found a weapon she can't master with a bit of time. Her sword has a black onyx and silver handle and rests on her left hip. On her left arm is a heavy black and silver shield which she wields nearly as efficiently as her sword, using it for defense as well as to stun her opponents.

Religious: Extremely devout, fights for her faith. Given the chance, she prays for protection and wisdom before every battle.

(Let me know if I need to improve or if there are any complaints)

Last edited:
@SilverRain @Zory_Alechiv @Mia

You guys are awesome! That looks like I'll be creating the representative for the Western Idro people. I am going to post my CS and then get right to work on finishing a first post so we can get this thing going! :)

The posting order will go Stoney, Silver, Zory, and then Mia and back again. Hope that is okay with you all!

<3

Posing this here for now. Getting too busy! Working on my equipment then the first post!

Full Name: "Ajja".

Representing: West. Idro peoples.

Appearance:
imtcti.jpg

"Wisdom Beyond Years"

Short Bio: Ajja was born in a small shoreside village in the West called Imba. Imba is known for its close-knit structure - as they believe devoutly in the Eternal Mother and that one another are connected in spirit as one. As is the custom in Imba, Ajja was raised by the entire village and no two people were ever called his parents.

Throughout his upbringing he was taught many things from hunting and fishing to fashioning tools and weapons, but Ajja found himself drawn to the Temple and it's library. His faith in Mis grew exponentially and he could feel himself drawing closer and closer to the wise and the Divine.

As he grew in age and experience he found himself quite knowledgeable and with a thirst for exploration, higher knowledge, and wisdom from the Divine. He became a man of Mis, a High Priest within the Temple's walls.

Ajja was chosen by the Idro as they believe his enlightened mind, body, and spirit will guide the band to the Source and aid in cleansing or converting of these wretched monsters.

Special Skill: Ajja prays and Mis listens. Ajja believes his bond with Mis will aid them and help them conquer.

Other Skills: Ajja is educated and literate. His ability to persuade others is uncanny. He is small in stature and light on his feet, he's quick and fits in smaller areas. Ajja has vast knowledge of the stars and planets, for the time, as well in regards to navigation and other things.

Main Weapons/Armor/Equip: Ajja wears his Temple garb over everything else - the sides are open and reveal the studded leather he wears to protect himself. He carries with him a wooden staff made of Oak that he uses with him in his travels as a walking stick and to rest his head upon during prayer. The weapons he was given by his people are modest - a bow made of Oak with iron-tipped arrows. Two crudely forged daggers. And at his side in a short sheath is a sword that seems to be very old, almost ancient, with a hilt etched with the symbol of Mis upon it. A leather pack holds his Temple book, miscellaneous sustenance, as well as other small artifacts related to Mis to be able to show others on the journey.

Religious: Yes, and follows the ways of the Idro people and the village of Imba.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom