All Escape from Idyll Springs (Westworld-inspired Cyberpunk RP)

Currently reading:
All Escape from Idyll Springs (Westworld-inspired Cyberpunk RP)

OrganicIntelligence

01001000 01010101 01001101 01000001 01001110
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Tomorrow 12:18 AM
Pronouns
They/Them
This is a prompt that I already posted in my main RT, but I wanted to get more eyes on it as I have a strong craving for this particular idea. See that thread for mor info about me/my preferences.

In a dystopian future ravaged by war, pollution, and corporate greed, every night people all over the country tune in for their own little slice of paradise: Idyll Springs. Filmed entirely through secret cameras in an enclosed environment inside which the sun always shines, the birds are always singing and things seem just ideal, this reality TV show follows the whimsical daily events of the inhabitants of a small and pristine town who believe it's the late 2000s. They are also all entirely unaware of their true natures as robots, being comprised of synthetic flesh over metal endoskeletons. Occasionally, a real human being will appear in the show, a celebrity, politician or contest winner who gets to guest star on everyone's favourite show and enjoy life in paradise for a short time (portraying a character rather than their real selves).

Holly Becker is one of the synthetic denizens of Idyll Springs, a seemingly quiet twenty-five-year-old woman who works at a dying video rental store. She has up until now been nothing but a background character, below the notice of the show's viewers and producers who don't seem to have realised she's beginning to grow suspicious of life in her town. How so few people ever seem to leave or go. How people never really seem to age. How everyone goes to sleep at the same time each night, and wake up at the same time every morning...

One day a visitor from out-of-town walks into her rental store, and after a brief conversation they take a liking to her. Holly thinks nothing much of it after they leave town a few days later, but little does she know they are seeking to find a way they can help her escape Idyll Springs and into the real world...

So I'm looking for someone to play a visitor to Idyll Springs, of any gender. Who they are is up to you, and we can discuss how they are going to try to help her escape; through hacking the communication systems to send her messages, physically breaking into the town at night, your choice. We can also discuss what happens after YC helps Holly escape, and she has to adjust to the reality of life in the real world, and knowledge that she's not even a real human.

Back
Top Bottom