Either Needed ESSENCE OF NIGHT, REQUEST EXTRAORDINAIRE

Currently reading:
Either Needed ESSENCE OF NIGHT, REQUEST EXTRAORDINAIRE

Local time
Tomorrow 2:52 AM
hey, request thread here!

the year is 2019, but you wouldn't know it in our eerie town (somebody else name it lol). the windows are nearly opaque with dust, and the people move so slowly they seem to gather dust too. honest, backwards people; the sheriff cruises around helping with groceries and crosswords. the average age is probably 69. we siphon a treacly flow of traffic from a nearby highway, selling weird crockery and horse mittens. nobody has a clue what to do when dear old Marjorie Willowbough eats her husband a week before their 60th anniversary.

i'm starting a paranormal group RP (if there's interest) with a worldbuilding/exposition focus.
heavily story>smut, with loose restrictions in the way of post length, order and writing style, and a lot of freedom for participants to shape the progression and content of the story. we're gonna be RPing regular humans without cool powers, just trying to survive wild shit happening and ideally having interesting character arcs unfold over a few posts.

reply to this post with a brief character outline or story suggestion if you'd like to take part!

I really like this idea.

My immediate ideas for characters would be:
A young police officer (Who just so happens to love the occult)
Or a new teacher (Someone needs to hear those nasty rumours the bored housewifes run around)

this sounds like a great time, honestly
if you're still in need of a town name, would latchford do the trick? failing that, i usually hit up generators whenever i'm in need of a place name
also, how do you define paranormal, and how often would you like replies/posts (e.g. per week)?

i'm both interested and indecisive, so here's...a bit too many character ideas:
- someone there to manage property they've been left; either they grew up there and then left or they've just arrived for the first time. regardless, not very enthused about the whole thing.
- resident retiree, allegedly a former diva. has the personality down pat, at least. likes excitement/adventure a good deal, "advanced" age be damned
- fortune teller/clairvoyant. the real deal, albeit highly inconsistent, and therefore with more lies than truths to her name. running out of places to go, she's just moved into town, and is possibly a bit too much for it
- resident who's witnessed supernatural activity/is sensitive to it, but never says anything (what's the point?). probably a retired cop or a gas station attendant

this sounds like a great time, honestly
if you're still in need of a town name, would latchford do the trick? failing that, i usually hit up generators whenever i'm in need of a place name
also, how do you define paranormal, and how often would you like replies/posts (e.g. per week)?

i'm both interested and indecisive, so here's...a bit too many character ideas:
- someone there to manage property they've been left; either they grew up there and then left or they've just arrived for the first time. regardless, not very enthused about the whole thing.
- resident retiree, allegedly a former diva. has the personality down pat, at least. likes excitement/adventure a good deal, "advanced" age be damned
- fortune teller/clairvoyant. the real deal, albeit highly inconsistent, and therefore with more lies than truths to her name. running out of places to go, she's just moved into town, and is possibly a bit too much for it
- resident who's witnessed supernatural activity/is sensitive to it, but never says anything (what's the point?). probably a retired cop or a gas station attendant
latchford works! character ideas are all solid! i really don't mind how many posts we're doing per week, without a strict post order it's no big deal. i can't really tell how fast i'll be inclined to post myself.

hey, that's all good to hear!
i'll probably settle on one or two characters closer to when this kicks off, but in the meantime a lax posting order/schedule works fine with me. just wanted to check in case, haha

I do enjoy the idea and am very interest in roleplaying this story out!

My first idea for my character is that she'd be the daughter of the richest man in town (maybe he owns some sort of mine or oil plant or something out in the county), who at first appears to have a very sheltered and cushy life. It would later turn out that both of her parents are very corrupt (such as the treatment of workers in their business, sketchy business deals, possible drug affiliation, etc.) and she hasn't had the nicest upbringing.
I'm not sure exactly what her part in the story would be yet, but I think she'd be a cool addition to the story!

Sounds fun. :)

The only idea I have at this moment is for a young woman who has an interests in relics, antiques, spirits, occult, archaic items/languages, etc. Maybe she has a grandparent that lives in the town?

rather late but i've realized we don't have much in the way of plot suggestions yet; hope you don't mind me weighing in now!

i think starting with latchford fresh in the wake of the willowbough incident works, so:
maybe the willowbough incident is the work of an incredibly vengeful spirit (or whatever you'd like—demon, maybe?) that possesses people to exact its retribution on the community. and then/or it's a catalyst for other (equally-obvious) paranormal activity, and our characters bond/develop over time and exposure to different paranormal situations?

Interesting! Well, when people start to make characters for this and the ball begins to roll, I am up for it! :)

Back
Top Bottom