MxM Finally throwing up a search *(and some glitter)*

J-Lynn

Not a Novice
Local time
Today 7:12 PM
Pronouns
She/Her
A Little about me

I'm an aspiring published aurthor. Writing has always been a hobby of mine ever since I was in second grade.
I have been writing in different forums on and off for years. Life tends to get in the way of the things I love most but writing has been such a help to me
and I love this community so I want to keep going. 🥰 I am a Audhd woman, who self diagonsed. And while it doesn't effect my writing too much
it does effect my days, how often I am on and how often I feel the energy to write.
So my number one ask is to have partners with patience. (The partners I do have now have been amazingly patient with me! Thank you!)

What You Can Expect From Me

I like to think I write a lot, and while most of what I am most proud of is crack ships on AO3, I have always loved writing with others. I will usually match my partners in writing length but I can always do two paragraphs or more. Generally more, always in third person - but it tends to mix around from omniscent narrator to main character third persson pov. I do this as my hobby so I'm not worried about perfect writing or perfect grammar. So long as my partners are enjoying themselves along with me then it is all good. I'm not above corrections or critiques but I would label myself a little bit sensitive, so treat any critiques you have with care?

I am not on every day, and I can't promise a steady pattern, but whatever nights I am on I usually can get multiple replies out. But I also might experience burnout and not reply for a few days at the least. Anyone can always bump be, because I do understand the anxiety of waiting. But I will never rush anyone either. 😄 I am ghost friendly, and while I try not to I do have a tendancy to avoid conflict 😆 So there will never be any hard feelings on my side.

((also bonus note for anyone reading all of this: I stopped writing for a while last year because I found out the reason I struggle with picturing things without detailed descriptions. I have aphantasia- so I can conceptualize images in my head, I understand what a castle of the cliff looks like - pretty basic - but I don't actually picture anything in my mind. Its just a black space, wild right? Blew my f*king mind!! Ya'll people out here just picturing things? I can get lost in writing and reading a book and feel like its scrolling by or that sensation I'm watching a story unfold but I don't actually picture any of it?! Crazy! anyone else?? ))

To The Good Stuff?

I don't like labels on my Characters. I understand the need for such things, as it helps us as writers know where the boundaries are. But I like breaking the norm, so I will not normally put any labels on my oc's. I love to make extensive Character Sheets, so there shouldn't be any confusion about what to expect but I espeically won't label my oc's as a 'top/bottom/sub/dom'. I feel like this puts them in a box and it breaks my heart. They are people to me, and these stories are their life, its not a box.

On that note as well, I will not offer up a list of kinks. My own personal kinks and what ever my character's end up being have nothing to do with each other. If anyone requests a list of my oc's kinks that can be arranged at a later date, but I'm not a smut heavy writer. So if you're looking for a smut heavy, kink heavy plot or centered story I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

I don't really have any pairings, either. I'm not really looking for any specific 'pairing' (I don't think) but that may change later.

Fantasy is my favorite genre but I also love supernatural based things and Sci-fi settings too! Although my sci-fi writing isn't as on par with my fantasy writing 🙃 I love romance, I'm a hopeless romantic, and while it does have to be the center plot point but I do want it to be the 'sub' genre; fantasyromance, Supernaturalromance, sci-firomance~ ect.

Plots??

Nothing so specific at the moment, but I have a few bare bones ideas. I most enjoy world building with someone so I wont really flesh anything out just yet.

What I'm most craving right now; Is fantasy, just heaps and loads of fantasy. Its my favorite genre and while I can easily do others quite happily I really just want magical fantasy nonesense.
Something involving two characters who are stuck traveling together, (not enemies to lovers, I'm burnt out on that). But traveling across the vast expanse of countires and or continents, with the tiny bits of character building. Where they have to camp, fight off monsters(maybe) or bandits, or what have you. Getting stuck in storms, sneaking around villages (maybe they're wanted?) It could literally be anything, but I simply want to explore a whole world while also steaping their journey in hopeless pinning and romantic tension.

{'Above all things I believe in love!"}

Had another plot baby that was more character centered than really a plot.
(to which I am currently working on a character sketch I can provide later)

Of a normal mortal human who got wraped up in the fae world (ugh, fae I know right?) But not the popular fae world where its all lords and beautiful people. No the fae world where they worn you not to go in the woods alone. He is caught and pulled in by a bunch of gnomes (heh heh) and trapped in a place without time. The idea here is that he's stuck inbetween time but he's quite happy about it. ((and these harmless gnomes aren't so harmless, try to take their toy and they become monsters of children bedtime stories))
Perhaps he encounters others lost in this timeless forest? Or somehow someone else stumbles into their world? It could litterally be anything. Is the goal to bring my character back to mortal plane? Or to live peacefully in their cottagecore dreams of a forest never moving in time??

Intrigue: I had a thought of a more mild fantasy setting of lesser rank characters. Some sort of rebellion against the current crown and monarch, groups of the undermined banning together to work to over throw. The main characters wouldn't be anyone leading the charge (or not yet anyway) just men in the crowd, passionate about freedome or whatever is opressing them, but falling in love in the process? Maybe there will come a choice? Love or freedom? I do love an angsty plot filled with tourmoile.

A couple more hashed out ideas

More like the start of something, a fantasy setting (dun dun dun) but starts in a dungeon of some sort, deep in the caves of somewhere. Its so damp and dark down there that without torches or lanters its impossible to see your own hand in front of you. Character A is thrown down there for some ridiculous reason, probably a lie anyway, and its not likely that they'll get out anytime soon. While down in his cell Character A occasionaly talks to the other person in the cell next to his, Character B. Character B has been here a long time, but is something not quite human, and can see in the dark unlike Character A. While they're imprissoned they get to know eachother, with nothing else to do but talk and try to not go insane. Until one such day (though they have no way of telling time really) Character A reaches across the bars to touch Character B, seeking just some human comfort and feels something...not.

Perhpas its not something so unhuman, maybe horns or claws, or it could be more monsterous? What happens then? Will they get the chance to escape? Why is anyone down in the dungeon?

In a fantasy world where one religion has grown such a large empire it spans over multiple countries, the 'kings and queens' of these places are vessels for the gods they worship. There are many and these 'royals' are not leaders but merely tools to be used by the governments of the people. These vessels are granted powers to their respective gods but must only use them for the benefit of the people, regaurdless of what injury it might inflict upon themselves. They are little more than slaves, though they are not dressed as such. They are cloaked in the finest silks, threads, and jewels. They are presented with bountiful foods as gifts from those they have saved. They are kept clean and beautiful since they represent the gods the people love so much. But they taught to leave behind their humanity, most think they are void of any emotion at all, and it is rumoured they feel no pain.

Character A is one such vessel, he and three others are the tools for one of the bigger captials of the large expanding empire. He and the others are paraded around almost daily to use their gifts to heal, to help, to protect, and to bless. Using their gifts exhausts them and they do not often get the chance of a reprieve.

One of these days has been particularly bad. It is also happens to be when an embesarry from one of the far off kingdoms has come to seek alliances with the large empire. Others want to bask in the prosperity and protection of the 'gods'. Character B is part of this embassary and sees Character A and the other three vessels are nearly on the brink of death. They look exhausted and most of them are physcially hurt in some way (a consequence of using their gifts most of the time) and is highly disturbed by this practice. Character B's people are taught that all lives matter, no matter who or where they come from.

Misunderstood Villain

Character A
is essentially the villain, seeking revenge against a monarch that has done nothing but good (or seemingly so) for its people for a long few generations. Character A has suffered greatly at the hands of the crown and now has the freedom to exact his revenge. His past is a mystery but he's the strongest warrior this kingdom has ever seen so it's not going to be easy to stop him.

Character B could be anyone. From a prince of the crown to a knight in the royal army/general (whatever). Or he could be the hero pitted against character A. Either way Character B will try to stop Character A from killing the crown, thinking he's nothing hut a heartless villain. Character A really doesn't care who sees him as what, he'll be a villain but he'll get his revenge.

I do think thats all I have for now, I've not got a lot of specific ideas but I would love some more unique kind of stories and characters to play with.
I love OOC chat, sharing pictures and insporations, music and anything else that can make what ever story we have come to life a little bit more. So if an Audhd writer who gets overly excited about her oc's then I'd say we are a good match 😁

Have a lovley time! 💜

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom