Currently reading:
Flowers for the Garden

Rainalee

Elegance
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 2:17 PM
"The flowers sure are lovely in spring...."

Here I am, dressed in my finest, taking a stroll down memory lane. We met 3 years ago, she and I. Oh, it was love at first sight. She had me at hello. I assume she had simply noticed....Noticed how sad I was that day. How kind...of a stranger like her, to open her arms to me. To comfort me, even before she had told me her name.

Kimmy...She let me call her Kimmy. It started with a number, she gave me her number after talking so long there in the shade of an old oak tree. We had so much in common, and she ran an art gallery that I was just dying to see after she'd explained it. We hit it off....we were a match from the start.

It wasn't long before we moved in together. Oh she was wonderful. She could cook and clean. She could paint and sing! Oh she was my little song bird, so full of life! I remember every Saturday morning, we'd go for a stroll down the park path through the woods...Oh how peaceful it was. Every day with her was a day I fell more and more in love with her.

A year had passed, and soon, I found myself on one knee. I never thought I'd be the one to propose one day, but here I was. She was shocked...though she felt it too....and she said yes! What a remarkable day in June it was when we married. It was no argument, she'd definitely look better in the dress than I would. I must say I looked nice in a suit. Oh, the memories we made together, she was my light, she'd come into my life, when it was such a dark time for me.

Though seasons come and go.....and our lives, they are short as well....Skin, it slices like butter, we are but simple and delicate creatures after all. She was so beautiful, and now, she always will be. She'll never grow old, like I know one day I will...riddled with wrinkles....She'll forever be preserved as a perfect flower, buried under the ground.

So here I am, dressed in my finest....taking a stroll down memory lane.... I wipe the tear from my eye and sit down to admire the foliage under an old oak tree.

"The flowers, they're so vibrant this time of year." Says a man, he obviously can see I'm upset....How kind of stranger like him, to try to comfort me, even before he'd told me his name....

Back
Top Bottom